CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Jepsy Amaga Kallungi comes to mind. Has she been found? I think she went missing from CS.

2. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

GM's wife passed in 2016 and SM's dad simply added his children to the title. He's still the owner. This is not an unusual practice when the spouse dies. MOO

3. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

We can also have discussions of all types in private message groups. You can start one and invite people to join!

4. Dr.StClements

Dr.StClements Former Member

It won't necessarily dissolve bones -one of the bodies I know about that was removed from a septic tank was pretty much "preserved" in the effluent, until it was exposed to air. Bodies will slowly putrify/break down. What makes a body more difficult to find are the various gases that mask those produced as a result of body decomposition.
    It's vile to think about, I agree. And there's something about it that makes a murder seem even more vile, if that's possible. It's the most degrading insult to inflict on a body. But it's also important to remember: the murderer crosses that line when they kill someone - burying their victim in sewage is gross - but so is killing someone in the first place.

5. Seattle1

BM did tell YT blogger about the wheel position and then pivoted quickly as he caught himself. I don't remember if he said the wheel was bent but he definitely said it up upright.

I recall TD first asked if the bike was against the tree and that's when BM corrected him and proceeded to insert foot in mouth....MOO

6. gitana1

I feel very confused! Not because of you but because I haven’t been on here much. Can someone give me the alibi list, like What the source of the story is. What the story is. For each one?

I’m confused.

Let me see if I have it:

1. BM on youtube interview- he went to Denver early Sunday? Mother’s Day? To set up a job and his workers would arrive that night.
    2. AM via the PE guys- BM told AM he was going to Colorado Springs on __________ to set up a job that was NOT landscape related.
    3. Inside Edition - BM told them he went to a volunteer firefighters convention on Sunday.

Didn’t we also have a statement early on that he had been working as a volunteer firefighter that weekend? Either Saturday or Sunday?

7. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

Good point. ^^^

Was it set upright on purpose ???
    Hmm ?

8. gitana1

Ahh. That makes sense!

9. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I think it was referring to TD’s stealth video?? That’s all I can come up with :)

10. Seattle1

The firefighter training on Sunday was a one-off by Daily Mail. Other reporters contacted the fire chief when DM came out with that-- citing a "relative," and fire chief reported that all training was suspended because of COVID.

You're caught up now!! AM and Inside Edition just happened this week! :)

11. Leader6518

Leader6518 Well-Known Member

Good points. My first thought after reading your post and the mountain lion story, is perhaps she was placed in some animal den.

ETA: I believe LE said they searched animal dens, but who knows if they got them all. My other thought would be throwing her off a cliff into a ravine that has no access. JMOO

12. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

does anyone remember off the top of their heads where the (possibly) new land for BM's mom is located? i wouldn't even know which thread of 28 to start in.

13. gitana1

Let me ask you. If your beloved spouse or parent or child went missing and you felt an electric but hollow horror and desperation to find them and LE told you that they’d like to do a polygraph to help rule you out so they can focus where they need to, would you truly say, “Yeah, no thanks. I’m not interested. They’re unreliable and I will be crucified.”?

As an attorney whose partner does criminal defense I’m aware of their limitations, unreliability and ability to incriminate someone. And yet, if it was MY loved one missing that I was desperate to find? I’d break my legs running as fast as I could do get there to do one.

Mark Klaas and John Walsh have repeated that as nauseam. When loved ones refuse it is a massive red flag.

Because it’s not about the law. It’s not about efficacy. Or risk. It’s about human behavior.

What is typical human behavior on the part of an innocent person in such a situation?

Obviously, veering from that doesn’t make a person guilty. (And as an aside, the converse isn’t true, because guilty people quite often agree to take polygraph tests, talk to LE without a lawyer, etc.) But it is a major red flag for law enforcement.

And for me.

14. darring21

darring21 Well-Known Member

Because it is just theater. <modsnip: LE bashing not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2020
  15. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

also, it just dawned on me: it says they found a skull and partial fragments. not a whole body or full skeleton. yikes.

16. sunflowerchick

sunflowerchick Well-Known Member

I understand your perspective and I appreciate it. Furthermore, I trust and value your opinions here as a verified attorney. I believe 99.9% that BM is probably guilty. I also understand how the lie detector thing looks. BUT I can also say with 99.9% certainty that if I had a loved one go missing, especially a spouse, I would lawyer up and do as the attorney instructs. Because the truth is, I do not trust LE. At all. I know the statistics, but I also know that there are cases of false confessions, bad policing, etc. I would never put myself in a position to be a victim again, especially in a traumatizing situation.

17. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Was it theater with Chris Watts, who confessed to murdering his wife and kids after bombing a polygraph?

Accurate or not, these things have been used for decades, and have broken many a case wide open.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2020
  18. Mermaid76

Mermaid76 Active Member

I have wondered about the daughters, too...

19. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Yes. Typical human behavior is to care more about your loved one, than any repercussions (increased scrutiny) from a failed polygraph test.

Stunningly selfish, and that’s at best.

20. EggSalad

EggSalad Well-Known Member

My initial reaction to that was similar. There is a reservoir near by and a body that surfaced could be carried off in pieces by animals.

although the term bone fragments was creepy.

Subiechik21, windrower, TRB and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.