CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Many, many, threads ago, I recall somebody posted rules for GET and I recall something about the rule requiring the beneficiary to take at least one distribution from the fund within 30 days(??)

However, I'm seeing that the TOS were revised effective July 29, 2020, and I don't see any references for a required or timely distribution from the fund.

Also, there was much talk about fees over the past few days and it appears to me this is very nominal:

1). No platform fee paid to GET (donation is optional).

2). 2.9% fee plus $.30 fee per donation goes directly to their payment processor (and helps keep GET a safe place to donate).

(According to my math, a $10 donation results in a deduction at $.59 for the fees).

ETA: The counter does not decrease when distributions taken from the GET. The fund may actually be at $-0- but the counter will still report the total amount raised to date.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  2. EggSalad

EggSalad Well-Known Member

Completely agree. To add to the dispicable-ness, he might have orchestrated his two girls being out of town so he could murder their mom, and the girls returning to find mom MIA was part of his plan for the bike ride staging. Literally using his own kids in the plot. Yuck.

I was just thinking that. I think the significance of the mail is:

1. It shows that the Saturday mail was retrieved when in all likelihood SM was not alive when the mail arrived.
    2. It puts BM at their residence on Saturday at any point after the mail was delivered, which will be incriminating to him.

3. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

I thought about this more than once as I believe that's how Scott Peterson hid Laci's body.

4. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

This is really common. Since it is quite a strain to contemplate breaking one of the greatest of human tabus (murder of a family member), it's not surprising that the physical aftermath would be thought about later - after the death occurs.

Clearly, true crime media have aided many killers in hiding their tracks. I consider BM to be one of the less competent planners, completely blind to his own poor judgment. He thinks he's awesome.

What a dumb thing to do, really...go rent a hotel near Broomfield, lie repeatedly about where he was, and then on top of it, call up a coworker to come to the hotel room and then depart without explanation for a "family emergency" that turns out to be a missing person/murder.

JP is not the only one who knows something. It will be BM's post-murder mistakes that trap him.

I think I can see how the jury trial would shape up, at this point. If it gets to a trial, which I think it will. BM has two daughters and he's going to try and convince them he's innocent.

5. Seattle1

I just read the updated rules (eff 7/29/20) and it's possible the funds have already been drawn down. The meter does not reflect any distributions to the beneficiary.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Blue Amethyst, Orgona, TRB and 15 others like this.
  6. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

This is another reason why I'm leaning towards premeditated.

Kittybunny, Chocoholic, TRB and 17 others like this.
  7. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

Arresting him for lying would be like throwing out the baby with the bath water. He'd be out so fast. Then they have to build a case against him. I think they have been working to build this case from the outset.

8. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

I think I mentioned it before but there's an added attorney name on that non profit now that Suzanne is missing.

9. Mermaid76

Mermaid76 Active Member

bowler, fcavanaugh and EggSalad like this.
  10. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yeah, the plans and actions that weekend seem so scrambled and last minute, especially the call to the employee on Sunday morning. He was making decisions as he went along and that's why the details he gave to AM were so vague and inconsistent. When you are hurried or in a frenzy, mistakes are made and it's harder to get the story straight after the fact.

11. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

Did I miss the mail delivery nugget? How do we know it was recent mail with him? Could it have just been articles that arrived in the mail yet were significant because of insurance reasons etc.?

12. Gardenkeep

Gardenkeep Former Member

Did the article mention when the coworker recieved the call from BM?

13. LandManatee

LandManatee Well-Known Member

MOO - I thought I read that BM was driving a rented truck in the days after the disappearance because LE had towed his and other family vehicles away for processing.

14. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

That’s what I’m now thinking and not the messaging with the friend

15. Mermaid76

Mermaid76 Active Member

How did he not think this would be discovered?!?!

16. Seattle1

Yes, I think both scenarios are very plausible-- especially if authorities were told that it would be extremely unusual for SM not to collect their mail from the roadside mailbox daily as long as she was in town.

It's also possible that BM has a private mailbox/or postal box used for business, and also that the mail left behind is totally insignificant.

17. Stripehaven

Stripehaven Well-Known Member

I’m thinking maybe she showed up separately, like maybe she followed him. It’s just a little idea - I’m not totally sold on it or anything. But I think it’s possible

18. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I mean, you’d expect a premeditated crime to have an alibi already established by a perpetrator. This just looks completely reactionary to me.

The timing of his trip to the Denver area seems incredibly bizarre, and that was before we heard about this latest account. If 5am on Mother’s Day sounds weird, then a Saturday trip strikes me as doubly odd.

19. osu

osu Well-Known Member

TKG, al66pine, Steph8angels and 5 others like this.
  20. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

Here's the DM link.
    Thx Oviedo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.