Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they mention why it was initially believed to be mid-evening, or 9:00 pm that the communication ended abruptly or why it wasn't corrected until now? Was it a misunderstanding? Did the conversation actually start early in the morning and then end early afternoon?
Good question. I haven't seen it cleared up yet.
This case went all sorts of side ways today.

Very interesting day full of information. To me, it doesn’t matter if this employee’s account is lacking in some respects.

What matters is this shows, yet again, inconsistencies in BM’s story and timeline. The bottom line is BM’s wife is the one STILL missing, and his story is constantly changing in some way.

Also, I don’t believe that this is the employee who was fired and made threats against the family. I have seen another name floated around the internet by Team BM and this guy isn’t the one. JMO.

Good points, Gigi3. And from what we do know of BM, we've discovered that he is apt to discredit others when their story doesn't align with his (e.g. trashing LE as incompetent). Him trashing a "former" subcontractor/employee might be - yet again - a ploy on BM's part to dilute any damning criticism coming his way, and attempt to destroy any credibility that person/those persons might have.

I believe their initial report was based on at least one layer of hearsay. Hearsay testimony has issues and that is why it can only be used in limited circumstances in court.

Witness discrepancies make any DA's job difficult...IMO

BBM:

Fortunately, we won't have that problem at trial when it comes to the times of the text exchanges between SM's phone and her best friend's phone.

The exact times of those communications won't be established in court via witness testimony.

That evidence will be based on cell phone records.

Hard data, not hearsay.

JMO.

Good points, Gigi3. And from what we do know of BM, we've discovered that he is apt to discredit others when their story doesn't align with his (e.g. trashing LE as incompetent). Him trashing a "former" subcontractor/employee might be - yet again - a ploy on BM's part to dilute any damning criticism coming his way, and attempt to destroy any credibility that person/those persons might have.
Ita.
BM is just making "friends" right and left, isn't he ? :rolleyes:
His treatment of others is going to come back and haunt him, no doubt.
Plus, Karma can be a Bleep.
Imo.

Did they mention why it was initially believed to be mid-evening, or 9:00 pm that the communication ended abruptly or why it wasn't corrected until now? Was it a misunderstanding? Did the conversation actually start early in the morning and then end early afternoon?

i shuttered just reading the word hearsay and thinking back to the tourture of trying to learn all the random exception ... evidence law is ... complex

but yes i agree the investigation was hurt by not having an accurate timeline. timing is soooo important in missing persons cases and now knowing LE could have potential been several hours off at the start stinks. theres so much potential evidence that could have been inadvertently destroyed because no one knew it was valuable. and honestly sometimes it can be difficulty to get LE to get moving on an adult missing persons case (because adults have the right to leave) so im grateful LE acted quickly here. but who knows what they could have uncovered in BM would have just anwsered a few of their questions

This timeline info did not come from LE. It came from Youtubers interviewing witnesses or potential witnesses and/or people who talked to potential witnesses. LE has been locked down regarding info in this case. They want all their witnesses and evidence to be tight if they proceed with charges, especially if they do so without a body. LE has a pretty firm timeline established....IMO.

Whether any of these conflicting reports on social media about time lines match LE's is anyone's guess until we hear directly from LE what they believe the timeline is.

In another time and forgotten space, I was hanging out at Gerry Spence's place. He told a group of trial attorneys that he only had 3 weeks to undo the damage caused by 3 years of law school. One of the suggested readings was Carl Roger's, On Becoming a Person.

I'm alittle blind.... and running on zero sleep, could I please ask someone to give me a quick run down of what has transpired the last couple days? I feel like im missing the bigger picture trying to peep thru a hole.

Please update yourself via the well kept media thread on this case CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

And... the biggest shout out to those who do keep these threads up to date (@oviedo we're looking at you girl), you're a fantastic resource here and we all appreciate you tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member