CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoBu

SoBu Well-Known Member

I think it’s very possible there was ongoing “marital strife” of some form(s) and thanks for the reminder of past evidence of Barry’s temper.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2020
    crhedBngr, Tate123, enelram and 21 others like this.

2. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

Where are you? Please be safe.

3. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Even people who have been to prison hate what is bad. Maybe he was angry because he was fearing BM was going to frame him...

4. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

One of the many things that is bothering me, is the fact that BM has been so quiet for months.
    Now that accusations are starting to fly, he’s becoming very vocal- but it’s all about defending HIM!

If I was innocent, yes, I would absolutely be defending myself too, but also, using that as a platform to bring attention to and question my wife’s whereabouts. I’m not seeing this at all.

It seems as though BM has a lot of answers, but NO questions concerning his missing wife!
    MOO

ar3593, Chocoholic, Tate123 and 44 others like this.
  5. Pyrite

Pyrite Well-Known Member

Everyone who says they knew her says basically the same thing. As beautiful as she is, plus the sweetest person thing, makes me wonder if it’s someone who mistook the sweetness for more and became obsessed. Then, when she finally got through that it wasn’t more than being nice, snapped.

It’s a stereotype, but I see BM as a dumb jock type, who is just smart enough to know he can’t appear on camera or in public, because no matter how hard he tries, the words just don’t come out right.

Odds are it was him who did away with SM, but I’m not 100 percent on the BM did it side. More 70 percent, but honestly I start out on the 60 percent side that it’s the spouse, significant other or lover who did it in most cases.

6. EggSalad

EggSalad Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say thank you to my fellow sleuths and the commitment we have to the truth. It’s. Great to be partnered with y’all.

ar3593, Chocoholic, OldCop and 52 others like this.
  7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Just by his body language, I think BM has probably been a bit of a hothead since he was a very young child. However, I also think he's probably come about it honestly by the way he was raised: the baby, only boy, and mom, and two older sisters that doted and indulged him. Seems he's always behaved like the little prince and expects to be treated as such.

I think I'm in the minority here because although I believe money and greed are the catalysts of BM's anger (and ultimately SM's death), I don't see a family in financial straits. Not at all. BM has been working at his craft for more than 30 years. He clearly likes what he does. We can't sleuth BM but just looking over SM's joint ownership since marriage, they've done quite well for themselves.

Personally, I've always believed that BM brings home the bacon but SM is the financial steward of this family. SM is the reason they have what they have!

I believe SM came back stronger from cancer. I think she's come to realize--probably from the new generation she raised (M & M) that BM's narcissistic rage is not normal and other people don't live walking on eggshells all the time.

I think BM has hidden behind the most decent woman ever known to many. She's been his true cover for his entire adult life. We all have that friend that we tolerate because we love the other half.

I think part of this Indiana wedding planning may have included SM's desire to extend her stay and look after her dad. COVID19 was presenting an opportunity to take her minor daughter with her given virtual classrooms. I also think the timing was right for SM-- their former residence previously sold with the final/ balloon payment due in weeks. Maybe it had been discussed before and suddenly BM saw the plan going into fruition.

I'm also not seeing any period where BM/SM have ever been apart. Maybe this would be somewhat of a trial separation for them. I think even the idea of such a thing would put BM into a blind rage. He knows that there'd be more than a good chance that SM would find she's happier on her own than with him.

More importantly, I truly believe just the idea (real or perceived) of BM having to divide his kingdom could cause him to go unhinged. I do think BM killed SM in a fit of rage. I don't think BM would kill over losing SM but I believe he'd kill over money and greed. I don't think it helped that they were alone together -- the daughters away out of state.

MOO

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    MassGuy, ar3593, LietKynes and 57 others like this.
  8. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Bam! Me too!!

9. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

:eek::p Good Heavens, I hope not !!
    I don't know how many suspects, POI's , Possible POIs, etc that I have sleuthed on FB.
    YIKES !!
    Let me know if anyone finds out if that happens.
    I will have to use other methods to snoop, er,, umm, sleuth.

10. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think the reason he is just now speaking out is because of the flood of information coming out in the media.
    He is desperately trying to hold his finger in the dam.

11. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Ugh. Today I was messing with my phone settings to make sure Facebook didn’t have access to my contacts. Now I have new friend requests from people I don’t know or don’t remember.

Where is @EggSalad? I may need your help straightening this out. ;) But I think your point is proven in my eyes. Depending on settings, FB will access contacts from the phone being used to display “people you may want to friend” notifications.

branmuffin, Tate123, susiQ and 14 others like this.
  12. MassGuy

MassGuy On Time Out

These are all minor things in a narrative that makes absolutely no sense.

You have a low risk victim, “riding her bike” in a safe area, and the most experienced kidnapping organization on the planet (The FBI), didn’t follow their playbook.

Then you have a man who appears to have set up a bizarre alibi last minute, who has been the subject of 2 search warrants on his home, and another one at his job site.

You have a man who is behaving contrary to every loving spouse ever, in a situation like this.

A man who keeps pushing this insane “mountain lion” narrative, despite the fact he knows better.

His room smelled like chlorine, and his home apparently smelled like bleach. That bike appears to have been staged.

Who does that? The spouse, in an effort to mislead.

Can’t fool LE. Can’t fool me.

Occula, ar3593, Chocoholic and 60 others like this.
  13. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I've always heard BM left Sunday morning, and workers arriving Sunday evening.

Skigh, susiQ, Orgona and 16 others like this.
  14. Moonchime

Moonchime Well-Known Member

Totally true! My husband and I just returned from a three-day trip this morning. The Hotel's pool, hot tub, and breakfast buffets are still closed because of COVID. (It's not the same Hotel or even the same state, yet COVID is still causing these things to be shut down).

15. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

Hahahahha
    Thanks for the laughs tonight !!
    Must have been a he!! of a party with some great Punch :)
    (But glad you cared enough to try to help a sick kitty..very kind hearted*)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  16. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

MOO in big letters. I don’t think Suzanne had any plans of going to Indiana for the wedding. The timing doesn’t fit. That’s all I will say. I feel like the PE guys right now-it would be very out of character for Suzanne to stop responding to texts/messages on that particular day without a very bad reason. It would not be a day where texts would just drift off and stop, or she would have to do something else and text later or the next day. There’s so much out there that we will eventually talk about.

Chocoholic, Tate123, enelram and 16 others like this.
  17. Topppps

Topppps Well-Known Member

Only case I've followed that they haven't found the body is the Fotis Dulos case, and that was only because someone discovered the grave out in the middle of nowhere than Kent Malwhinney dug. They're very good at finding bodies.

18. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Ok. For some reason I thought he told AM the workers came that morning, or something different than what he said in the phone interview with TD.

19. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

I'm really glad you shared this, but at the same time it really made my heart hurt for those who knew her and loved her. Most especially her girls. She most certainly did NOT deserve this, and neither do they. :(

20. Elle*Bee

Elle*Bee We're all just stories in the end.

I wish they’d find Kelsey Berreth’s (also Colorado - her ex-boyfriend was convicted) and Crystal Rogers’ (KY). And Suzanne’s of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.