CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

Absolutely

2. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

WE know that very early in the case the CCSO took BM's phone and truck.
    They know by now if his cell phone records substantiate his claim that this Broomfield job had been in the planning stages for over a month, as he claims.
    They know exactly when the first time was he contacted JP, and everyone else on the crew.
    For whatever reason, it's taken 4 months for the missing pieces of this terrible puzzle to finally start coming to light. With apparently, more information that will change the hotel timeline (I believe this was mentioned either by AM or on the PE show, I can't recall which now, it's been a flurry of info in the last couple of days), coming this week.
    I'm assuming the CCSO already have all this info and yet I'm still puzzled they don't have enough info, to actually make an arrest.

3. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I think @GoJacks located a nearby carwash.

And I'm really hoping LE has BM on surveillance washing down his truck!

4. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I wonder if BM kept a reasonable amount of cash in the home if he was used to paying workmen cash.
    If he was also paying for things he did not want
    Suzanne to see on a bank or credit card statement I can see him using cash.I

Chocoholic, MerBeach, tmar and 17 others like this.
  5. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Could be or maybe there was a purchase in Broomfield. So many cases here involve video from WalMart, wouldn't be surprised to see that pop up in this case too, JMO.

6. ReckoningDay

ReckoningDay Well-Known Member

Someone a few days ago listed possible things that would be worth killing, to cover up. There is something else (not on the list) that's been floating through my brain, that if discovered, would make a "macho" man who needed that image, be willing to commit murder. It is something that most married men would be very embarrassed about, if a wife discovered it by checking their browsing history. Something that might not raise as big a red flag in phone history, as the names of other women would. I am not going to risk a time-out here, just thinking out loud as to possible motives.

Edited to add: Well, it is sort of on the list, but with a totally different twist.

7. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

#4 is the safe answer :)

8. SoBu

SoBu Well-Known Member

I haven’t read every single post but haven’t seen speculation about cameras being used to track his movements, and possibly what might have been in his truck bed. Are there a lot of cameras in the areas he traveled?

9. Minordetails

Minordetails Well-Known Member

It seems like every other rumour has grown legs. If AM is saying there’s something up with the coolers, then there is probably something up with the coolers.
    JMO

10. GoJacks

GoJacks Unknown Member

So everyone can see:
    86A3F021-5218-498F-B102-C0A2CA64B9CE.jpeg

Red circled area is RTD stop aka possible place he was working

11. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

Any Colorado residence..does the area BM would have traveled have any tolls roads or bridges? I live in an area that does. and I have a sticker that is prepaid so I can travel to Indiana. Also we don't actually have booths but there are license plate readers for people who do not have a sticker and when they get that plate number they send a bill to the vehicles registered party.

12. Barry

Barry Registered Fence Sitter

One thought to throw out there. What if the cleaning was mostly unnecessary, and was more of a ritualistic thing - cleansing himself and his possessions of what he had done? MOO.

13. ivegotthemic

ivegotthemic Well-Known Member

Barry pulling a staircase could certainly be motive, if he felt trapped by his life or something along those lines. Interesting that Peterson went the owl route and BM tried the cougar route.... perhaps a coincidence, perhaps not. time will tell imo

14. Ssschu

Ssschu Well-Known Member

Thrown into some desolate ravine BM found on one of his "hunting" trips.

15. EggSalad

EggSalad Well-Known Member

I’ve got a couple theories.

1. The DA is asking for more in order to issue an arrest warrant and prosecute the case. Could explain why Sherriff Speeze is not endorsing her for re-election right now.

2. LE pretty much knows what happened but they believe two suspects worked together and don’t have definitive evidence of which one actually killed SM. With a murder weapon or body and without one of the suspects flipping, they are still digging to figure out which suspect is the murderer.

3. It’s taking longer than usual to get lab results and digital evidence back due to the strain covid has put on these processes.

Could really be a combination of all 3.

16. GordianKnot

GordianKnot On Time Out

I'll definitely go with #1.
    This DA is very problematic in my eyes.

I think #3 is another possibility.

LE knows who the primary bad guy is, without question.

JMO.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  17. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I'm thinking just the opposite!

I've known guys that the first thing they do when they arrive "town" is to wash their trucks. (It would be difficult to keep a vehicle clean where BM lives). It' a great defense if this is routine for BM -- especially if he has a prepaid carwash card.

I did not know of such things before I lived in Colorado. o_O

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  18. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

I would like to know if LE could smell chlorine or bleach on Barry himself the night he came back into town or at the very least if his truck did?
    I would also guess that while his truck was in LE custody that a tracking device was added to see where he would be going. Does anyone know for sure if Barry still has his truck?

19. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science" Liet Kynes

Agreed with GK.
    The only way at this time # 2 might be possible is that BM framed someone else who was unaware at the time.
    As in, "...hey, could you pick me up, give me a lift ? My car has issues and I need to get something from home and fix it..."
    Still not sure as to whose vehicles were at the home the day of the 9th/10th.
    Was anyone else at the Morphew home those days ?
    There's a reason I'm curious.

But I think LE know so much more, and right now they seem to be focused on just one person.
    A person who claims 10 cops touched the bike and mishandled evidence, and that the fbi is lying. :rolleyes:
    MOO

20. yorkiemommy

yorkiemommy Member

has anyone thought Barry might have put something in her drink,coffee,tea and put to much and then panicked.just throwing out another idea.moo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.