Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question.

<modsnip>

Would it be normal for LE not to find these men and see exactly what went down concerning this "threat"?

Also, why did these workers NOT contact BM to see what was going on and ask about the tools? They just sat there for, what 2 days inhaling chlorine fumes, waiting for him to call them? That's strange, IMO.

1. we have no evidence or statement verifying or confirming MG was threatened by anyone. This has been speculated, but it's not based on any known fact in this case.

2. It was never stated specifically when, but we do know that LE took BM's phone (and his truck). If JP, MG and/or CC did try and contact him, those calls might have been going straight to VM, if LE had possession of his phone at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your

Your post kinda congealed a bunch of similar posts for me. If WE have all the additional info and timelines that are somewhat verified in the acceptable sources we can quote? There are some minor inconsistencies, but WE are tightening it up? LE has much more info than we can ever get and had most of it for 4 months, I have great confidence in their ability to fill in the gaps, as WE are clearly putting it together, this IS clear to me, from your info...
BM has very little unaccounted time, (paper trails, digital, eyewitness) to accomplish committing a crime, cleaning up afterwards, and disappearing SM...the timeline is tightening up for us, and LE should have already cleared BM, IMO.
We’ve also gone back and forth, he’s brilliant, hes stupid, can’t keep his mouth shut, etc, premeditates, spur of moment, and so on.
MVHO, he probably isn’t capable of pulling this off...based on what I’ve seen, LE figured this out long ago, with enough evidence to clear him, the true perp is a good bit smarter than BM.
LE May or may not know who harmed SM, at this point. If they do, MOO, it will be much harder to build probable cause on this person, search warrants, etc, and w/o her body they are being meticulous in their investigation... there is nothing to be gained by outing them, before the case is solid...I’ve had my working theories discarding my favorite for newly unearthed ones, then another...they are keeping low profiles, but mostly, they do display a lot more ability to pull this off...
I for one, would have the good sense to keep all of my work associates, very well paid, and certainly not offend them...hush money? Im talking bonus, for their extra efforts. LOL

BM is in full blown protect himself mode, has been from day one, he would have slipped up long ago...

Someone else is out there, unknown to us, but hopefully known to LE, smarter than BM, but not smarter than LE.

I kept up with early threads, hiatus, now the same issues are being discussed, with more info. Things are getting clearer. We have more frustrations from BM and those around him...we take “and & but”and try to assign a different meaning to an interview, I am sure, I could handle a LS interview, but where do nerves and introverted personality, factor in? Innocent people, co workers, and SO, just aren’t experienced at prethinking their every word. lawyers(respectfully, just as an example), or criminal types are...they play word games too, now that’s something I need to check out...they love to tell you exactly what you want, but just slip it in, MOO, Gannon’s LS did this, but she wasn’t skillfull, exactly. I’m gonna have to revisit some things...

Just to clarify -- I think BM murdered SM in a fit of rage, after finding out some bombshell like she wanted a divorce. I also think that he had spent months or a year during her illness with a subconscious wish that she would die so he could hook up with a not-sick young woman and keep all the money. There, I said it. I do think it's possible that he had a friend help him dispose of the body.

He can't have gone to Broomfield twice. He and employee worked that river edge property until 11 AM Sat. Emp. said he was in an agitated mood (about the bombshell) and wanted to go home to make wife happy. He goes home and that's when he killed her in a fit. I suspect he then hurriedly buried her body OR took it with him to Salida, where he was seen shopping and talking to JD. An hour or two of that, and it was off to Broomfield. Prob hid the body on the way, but who can say. Maybe a buddy buried the body for him in a place BM knew about. Can hardly wait until this is resolved.

IMO I think that JP was not only used as an alibis, but BM attempted to set him up as the perpetrator of the crime.
- I can’t figure out why three employees sat around waiting for tools. Surely one could have driven to get them. JP made no reference to asking him for tools, he would have stated that in the interview if he had. Three employees, two days, not one could drive to Salida to get them. (I have zero explanation for this).
-
JP’s room was suspiciously set up. Bleach, wet towels, to look like the coverup of a crime scene! Just like BM’s house was cleaned up. IMO BM was not expecting his house to be visited by LE.
- JP was sent to the building site to rake the sand (a purportedly trivial job)
- The loud machinery was heard at the building site during the night on May 9th
<modsnip>
JP ‘the seasoned criminal’ was deliberately placed at both locations.

IMO SM was buried on May 9th at or around the building site, or the shore near by.
I thought MG was the raker?

1. we have no evidence or statement verifying or confirming MG was threatened by anyone. This has been speculated, but it's not based on any known fact in this case.

2. It was never stated specifically when, but we do know that LE took BM's phone (and his truck). If JP, MG and/or CC did try and contact him, those calls might have been going straight to VM, if LE had possession of his phone at that time.

Thank you for your reply.... I found some other answers for the questions.

“Barry said that he had been up there all day, like getting the job ready for us,” Gentile said. And, he also told Gentile, he was leaving. There’d been a family emergency, he said. He left some tools behind, at the hotel.

“But we didn’t have the tools that we needed,” she said. “It looked like Barry had emptied out his truck… all kinds of stuff that we didn’t need to do a retaining wall.”

But Barry had asked the crew to finish the job. So, they waited at the hotel for further instruction. Gentile said Barry called, distraught, on Monday morning around 8 a.m.

“He said like, Suzanne has gotten gotten attacked, or a mountain lion has got her,” Gentile said. He told Gentile they were going up the mountain to find his wife. He asked the crew to wait for a delivery of bricks, so they could finish the job they had traveled to Broomfield to do.

Gentile said they waited until Tuesday, but the material never arrived.

“I wasn’t gonna bother Barry with these phone calls because, you know, his wife is missing and I feel like this is a little problem compared to his problem,” she said.

Gentile said she and Puckett packed up and drove back to Salida, where the investigation into Suzanne’s disappearance was well underway. She said, back in town, she was approached by two men, both linked to Barry, who told her, “We would give you your paycheck, but we don’t want it to look like hush-hush money. You have rights, but you don’t have to give CBI your phone.”
“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

So she was not necessarily threatened and he did contact them.....
I was a little confused.

I'm going to have disagree with this.

3. her statement that he "changed everything at the last minute" about the job in Broomfield
4. her recollection that he didn't leave the proper tools for the job he called them all there to do
5. her statement about the supplies not showing up on Monday to do the job (that he allegedly set up the day prior)
6. her statement that she was fired by BM because she cooperated with CBI by handing her phone over to them

To me, the first 3 I've listed tell me this Broomfield job was a last minute throw-together alibi, and when MG didn't do what he wanted, he made he pay for it (then) by firing her, and (now) by trash talking her to the national news.

This offers a decent little snapshot into BM's character makeup. Something I suspect the local guys and gals working this case already knew, months ago.

jmo

Yes, but we knew most of that from JP. I should have specified the relevance of the new and corroborating information she offers.

Number 6 may or may not be accurate, as is the case with several of her statements. Grain of salt on that one.

Agree completely that BM's defensive responses speak volumes.

BM has, and continues to generate a lot of smoke and mirrors in this case. This is keeping him busy, so busy that he does not have the time to finding his wife. MOO.
For me, I see constant smoke and mirrors.

The only time BM speaks it is to defend himself.

As I said before, he never uses the air in his lungs to find Suzzane.

Spontaneous random .... I hope they trot out some CCTV soon, now that we've had all these, err, differing statements flying around, I reckon that'd be pretty interesting. Also ............. I'd like to hear from GD.

"When talking w a reporter, a person may consider it as a chance to make or repeat a stmt to someone other than the reporter's targeted audience. For example, when person on media camera/Zoom says - No, I did not have an affair w Mr/Ms X, the message could be intended more for spouse/SigOther than for TV or blog audience.
Afterward person could say to spouse - No affair, I even said it on TV. That one point could be true or a big, fat lie."

I agree with sending a message. I also think that many people are able to compartmentalize sex outside of marriage into recreational, friends with benefits, etc. etc., so in their minds they are not affecting significant others.

MOO

Last edited:
Just to clarify -- I think BM murdered SM in a fit of rage, after finding out some bombshell like she wanted a divorce. I also think that he had spent months or a year during her illness with a subconscious wish that she would die so he could hook up with a not-sick young woman and keep all the money. There, I said it. I do think it's possible that he had a friend help him dispose of the body.

He can't have gone to Broomfield twice. He and employee worked that river edge property until 11 AM Sat. Emp. said he was in an agitated mood (about the bombshell) and wanted to go home to make wife happy. He goes home and that's when he killed her in a fit. I suspect he then hurriedly buried her body OR took it with him to Salida, where he was seen shopping and talking to JD. An hour or two of that, and it was off to Broomfield. Prob hid the body on the way, but who can say. Maybe a buddy buried the body for him in a place BM knew about. Can hardly wait until this is resolved.
@Goldenseal you put it in a perfect nutshell.

"Just to clarify -- I think BM murdered SM in a fit of rage, after finding out some bombshell like she wanted a divorce."

MOO, it is uncomplicated and straightforward.

Thank you for your reply.... I found some other answers for the questions.

“Barry said that he had been up there all day, like getting the job ready for us,” Gentile said. And, he also told Gentile, he was leaving. There’d been a family emergency, he said. He left some tools behind, at the hotel.

“But we didn’t have the tools that we needed,” she said. “It looked like Barry had emptied out his truck… all kinds of stuff that we didn’t need to do a retaining wall.”

But Barry had asked the crew to finish the job. So, they waited at the hotel for further instruction. Gentile said Barry called, distraught, on Monday morning around 8 a.m.

“He said like, Suzanne has gotten gotten attacked, or a mountain lion has got her,” Gentile said. He told Gentile they were going up the mountain to find his wife. He asked the crew to wait for a delivery of bricks, so they could finish the job they had traveled to Broomfield to do.

Gentile said they waited until Tuesday, but the material never arrived.

“I wasn’t gonna bother Barry with these phone calls because, you know, his wife is missing and I feel like this is a little problem compared to his problem,” she said.

Gentile said she and Puckett packed up and drove back to Salida, where the investigation into Suzanne’s disappearance was well underway. She said, back in town, she was approached by two men, both linked to Barry, who told her, “We would give you your paycheck, but we don’t want it to look like hush-hush money. You have rights, but you don’t have to give CBI your phone.”
“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

So she was not necessarily threatened and he did contact them.....
I was a little confused.
BBM

If this is true, this would freak the #!$@* out of me.
Is this blackmail?
Is this a threat?

If this is true we don't know who these men are. But she knows....

Right now, I'm going write "If this is true." Only because, my own personal opinion is-- I'm not sure I can believe all that she is saying. Or maybe, it is that there is more she isn't saying.

Heads up folks,

To avoid possibly/probably misplaced character assassination when referring to certain individuals, please make it clear that BM has alleged these people are felons and addicts (rather than WSers referring to them as such).

Thanks.

Wasn't there a bicyclist that saw a strange car in the area? Just what exact area was this? What's the description of this car? What time of day was this? etc, etc, etc. These are just some questions that I'd be interested also in asking,especially to see how all of this plays in to the timeline. JMO

Spontaneous random .... I hope they trot out some CCTV soon, now that we've had all these, err, differing statements flying around, I reckon that'd be pretty interesting. Also ............. I'd like to hear from GD.
He’s too busy with “ stuff “.

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

But DailyMail.com can now reveal that Morphew, 52, has not been allowed to enter the home he shared with Suzanne since he returned from his trip to Denver.

Police also have his car and his cell phone – leaving the businessman and volunteer firefighter to communicate through his close friend George Davis, 33.

Davis declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com, saying he is too busy ‘with stuff’ to talk.

True. However, I also think common sense dictates that if MG was offered a polygraph, BM would have also been offered to test.

Not necessarily. Many factors in an investigation may cause a polygraph to be offered to one subject and not to another.

For example, it's possible (or even likely) that different investigators interviewed Barry and MG. Investigator "A" may have a standard practice of asking interviewees to take polygraphs. Investigator "B" may not have that standard practice.

Another factor is whether -- in the eyes of a given investigator -- the mention of a polygraph is likely to raise defensiveness on the part of the subject. Perhaps the detective who spoke to Barry believed that mention of a polygraph might be counterproductive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288