CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #37

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

I am such a doofus! Trying to scan through a few cases too quickly, my eyes landed on the term missing searcher and I swear, my heart stopped. Lol Just goes to show you how important it is to read things thoroughly.
    Do you guys think there’s very many people who might want to search alone, forego the entire operations and go check points of interest to themselves? I hope not. That’s what scares me the most because that person would be at greater risk if something went wrong leading to injury or getting lost...
    Also, on a personal note: I’ve always thought that you @Trackergd is who I would most want to be on my case if I ever went missing out hiking, camping, etc. You have this all down to a science! Just sayin...
    JMO

2. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

Thinking of all the searchers today. I wish I could be there to search too! Please be safe out there.

I hope Suzanne is found today!

NoSI, AnnaGrace, windrower and 25 others like this.
  3. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

Where should MG have raked or smoothed the ground with a machine? I'm seeing no space for using a machine?

4. EggSalad

EggSalad Well-Known Member

I’m assuming the rock retaining wall is the last part of that project, so the area probably looked a lot different in early May.

windrower, susiQ, al66pine and 16 others like this.
  5. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

yes, I saw that and agree. Does not look natural.
    If you read about decomposition, some weeks after a body is planted, tissues liquify and body mass is lost at the rate of 5 lbs per day.
    Indentations in ground is one of the giveaways to finding
    buried bodies in SAR instructions.

6. EggSalad

I’m also no rock wall expert but if you look at Chris’ first pic to see the build of the entire wall and then compare it to the right hand side where the sand has sunken, the right hand side does not appear to be similar to the rest of the build.

I wonder if that right hand side was even supposed to be part of the wall? It looks more like 6-8 rocks placed on top versus how the rest of the wall is more layered.

7. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Another wonky Barry wall. I wonder when he will decide to redo this one.

8. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

At least one thing MG and JP have in common is that they both worked at the Salida jobsite. Interesting that they were both selected by BM to beat feet to the Broomfield site. Was it because BM was afraid they might notice anomalies at the Salida jobsite?

MOO

BethSpirit, Occula, Traymar and 31 others like this.
  9. TIGER0822

TIGER0822 Well-Known Member

I am 100% certain that this occured.

al66pine, fcavanaugh, Barry and 3 others like this.
  10. Goldenseal

Goldenseal Well-Known Member

The ultimate problem with a mountain lion defense is that mountain lions can't and won't drag bodies very far, and that process (and the feeding process) is messy, leaving blood, drag marks, innards, and a carcass left within a mile of the attack. An expert will be happy to show the jury the photos of the last 7 or 8 fatal attacks in the States and Canada.

11. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

Way back when the news of MG 'raking' the beach area, we had photos of the beach area
    w/ rake tine marks AND a few large rocks, BUT
    there was an open area that had no big rocks at all and the wall was not totally across the beach area.
    Anyone else recall this. ?? The beach area was totally different back then. So additional 'rock'
    work has been done there. MOO.

12. akazia1978

akazia1978 Well-Known Member

I agree, as a rafter, the vast majority of properties along that river do have no trespassing signs, absolutely zero to do with not wanting people to see something, but to keep us from taking lunch on their property (understandable). It would be unusual if they did not. Rafting season was somewhat better this year than the last two, with a higher flow for longer. I don't see anything being buried there, but MOO.

TRB, al66pine, Blue Amethyst and 17 others like this.
  13. TIGER0822

TIGER0822 Well-Known Member

agreed

susiQ, al66pine, fcavanaugh and 6 others like this.
  14. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

Where should MG have raked or smoothed the ground with a machine? I'm seeing no space for using a machine? = double post, WS didn't want to send
    -.-.-
    What, if MG noticed some unusual things at the work site, asked one innocent question too many and therefore BM cut off the work and sent her home?

MerBeach, susiQ, al66pine and 15 others like this.
  15. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

could be. i always believed he wanted them away from the site, and salida, in general, for a few days, in case they noticed anything unusual, and that's why they were left hanging until tuesday.

16. GordianKnot

GordianKnot On Time Out

Brother of Suzanne Morphew begins 6-day search in Colorado | 9news.com

SABBM:
    Her brother, Andy Moorman and volunteers from Indiana are beginning a six-day search effort Thursday morning in Chafee County to search the mountainous area where she was last seen.

Volunteers are meeting at the Poncha Springs Visitor Center, located at 7010 US 285 in Poncha Springs to begin the search.

The mother of two is originally from Indiana, but moved to Colorado with her family a couple years ago, according to WTHR, our sister station in Indiana.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation are serving in a support role in Moorman's search effort and not in a lead capacity.

A candlelight vigil for Morphew is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Sept. 25 at Riverside Park in Salida.

Back in May, search teams combed through a construction site outside of Salida. At the time, investigators would not say if they found any evidence.

6 days of grueling physical searching vs. a 27-second, incoherent video.

Such a stark contrast.

JMO.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Occula, magnetic, Traymar and 40 others like this.
  17. Dave F.

Dave F. Well-Known Member

Here is a screenshot from the Channel 9 News broadcast of May 22, 2020 which clearly shows the beach area., and a current screenshot from PE's Chris's Twitter feed. For accuracy, merely compare the three trees against the skyline. Today, there is clearly a sandy beach, but back on the eleventh day of SM's disappearance that entire sandy area was under high water. I thought I understood MG to say that she finished that underwater area off the day before SM' disappeared. When MG said BM told her to rake it out so the muck wouldn't show, just what could she possibly have meant?
    It's bizarre, I think. IMO

Investigators search Salida property for missing Colorado mom | 9news.com

Occula, Hatch, Traymar and 30 others like this.
  18. Pyrite

Pyrite Well-Known Member

19. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

Maybe it was a sign purchased at a WalMart......

TRB, al66pine, Janeumayer and 6 others like this.
  20. EggSalad

I’m curious to get your opinion on this as a rafter:

If you look at the first twitter Pic that Chris posted that shows the entirety of the beach/wall, you’ll notice a build up of river rocks to the right of the beach.

Is a build up of rocks like that natural or would you think it is more likely to be part of the project work?

The reason I ask is that, it’s pretty common for that to be natural here in N.C. where I live based on the water flow. But in Chris’ pic, the build up of smaller river rocks (especially around the sandy area in question) does not look naturally occurring based on where the rocks are located.

Or said another way, are the rocks most likely naturally occurring in their location but something has disturbed the natural formation around that sandy area?

al66pine, fcavanaugh, Barry and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.