Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
Exactly.
There's no telling what LE have uncovered.
None of us are pointing fingers as there's no poi or suspect named.

But an angry, vengeful lover ?
That's totally possible.
It takes time to go through cellphone records and look at gps on vehicles and see where it leads !

I would add vengeful lover to my very short list, yes. (It's 1. and now 2.) Suzanne had just survived her second bout of cancer. I don't know if we know what kind, not relevant,but the fact that she had two rounds of an often fatal disease could be very relevant.

That could possibly account for the video.

MOO JMO ETC

This ^^^
There does not seem to be much effort in finding a random abductor.
I've considered a disgruntled employee or a secret affair where someone wanted Suzanne gone.
That would point to someone outside the immediate family.

And now we know the neighbor may have been wrong about the bike ride.
But it depends on what the neighbor was told and by whom.
Exactly
iMO

That would be pretty easy to achieve when a woman is missing and could be killed if an abductor knew law enforcement was close to solving the case. That seems pretty clear and convincing to me, but I’m not a judge.

I'm inclined to agree with you and I'm not a judge either. But where I live (California), missing person cases do tend to get sealed warrants. The exceptions tend to be when someone has driven their car off a road somewhere, made a phone call indicating distress of some kind, and then disappears. Or similar. Or they have no home.

Just jumping off your post...
I am feeling a bit protective of the neighbor (JR) that allegedly called in the original missing person report...
Since then... She has not shared more knowledge...
And identifying with her... I would do the same (no comment, etc. )
What I DO wonder about is if she has actually been directed by the higher ups NOT to disclose information...
Seems she is stuck between a rock and a hard place...
JMO...
I totally agree. I feel sorry for this poor neighbor being put in this position. I definitely think it’s possible that when the girls got worried, they contacted the neighbor and it went from there.

Perhaps the neighbor, trying to help, actually found the bike and when SM couldn’t be located, panicked and called LE? That seems like a logical step to me. MOO

I’ve also tossed around the idea of a man known to her and her family who is friendly enough with them that conversationally he was told her family would be OOT that weekend. He has feelings for her and shows up at her house to act on those feelings. Suzanne does not reciprocate, maybe he gets pushy and she threatens to call her husband or the cops so he panics and kills her. MOO

BBM:

Or someone else did.

If I tried to reach my mom on MD several times without success and became concerned, my first call would not be to a neighbor.

I'd reach out to my dad, to see if he'd heard from/spoken to her that day.

JMO.
Same - and then I may call the neighbor depending on the response or lack thereof
IMO

It's all in one's perspective.

This has to be traumatic for them, certainly !
They are old enough to make a statement at a press conference and ask the public to help with the search and plead for her safe return.
The ongoing silence is worrisome.

It's different for small children who are unaware of the machinations of adult relationships.
Very different response than other missing people we’ve followed - perhaps there is a reason the girls aren’t saying anything at all? JMO

BBM:

Or someone else did.

If I tried to reach my mom on MD several times without success and became concerned, my first call would not be to a neighbor.

JMO.
Who's to say the girls didn't call Dad first?

Let's just say they did, he told them maybe she went for a bike ride or she told me she was going for a ride.
Further, he says wow your Mom should have been back by now. I'm worried, why don't you call JR and have her go check on your Mom.

Clean hands from over 160 miles away.

Of course I have no idea how it went down, just speculating ...

In my opinion, the bike was not planted. I think she was grabbed at that location, taken, and probably (by now) killed. Of course, staging is possible. But that theory is probably more persuasive (only?) to those who want to blame the husband. As Freud once said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Good point.

Made me wonder though--what if somebody wanted to make it look like the husband is guilty?

I regret saying this, but could the perp be so egotistical he/she would think they wouldn’t get caught?

Imo - it’s murder for hire with staging imo or just some mid-life crisis stereotypical SO waiting in the wings and mad after she beat all these treatments. I actually paused quite a few times b4 typing this ugg

I think your speculation and theories are possible and that's all I'm going to say.
How chilling to think harm has befallen this lady after all she has been through ! :(

A dear friend is in cancer remission and she can't even plant her flower garden this year.
Too weak .
So we are doing it for her.
Cancer takes a toll and if losing one's hair isn't bad enough (for a woman this has to be psychologically damaging --I don't speak from experience, thankfully); there's the weariness that doesn't allow a person to be as active as they were.

Suzanne went through that twice, iirc.

The most recent photos of her were (I think) from her FB pages in 2018 and before that.
Her appearance could be very different now.

I just watched a slow, fly-around video of the Morphew property which shows a specific area of the Morphew property cordoned off (not sure if by LE or by construction crew or other) near where a small skid-steer bucket loader and its trailer are parked.

Attachments

• _morphew_01_bucket_loader.png
    _morphew_01_bucket_loader.png
    809.6 KB · Views: 120
@UnderWhelmed405...

Yes, I got to thinking about motivations that would not violate TOS.....

Which means, I'll admit, outside my pet theory & perp......but....what IF

There's a gal, presumably a close friend, who has an obsession with BM.....

She thinks 'if only SM were gone, he'd be mine, we'd be so happy'...yadda yadda

Meanwhile, it's possible BM has no idea of these thoughts or at the least: the severity of the direction of this TOTALLY SPECULATIVE woman (just to be clear lol)....

She knows the family well enough to know SM will be alone.....knows SM well enough to know her routines (such as morning bike rides) & hires someone...

& this totally utterly speculative woman 'reports' to LE that she didn't return from a bike ride

Now, I'll admit: I'm grasping at straws to exonerate my prime suspect.....I'd so love to be wrong & hope I am

Ideas.....stimulated by fellow posters :)

& all JMO

Poor Lauren Scharf, Fox21 Colorado Springs News Reporter - Nancy has no use for her LOL. "What can you tell us, Lauren Scharf??" "The sheriff office has not commented on that at all." Nancy, exasperated - "Has anyone learned the answer to that without the sheriff telling us???"

Where the heck is Jeff Shapiro? He could find out anything from anyone. lol

BBM:

Or someone else did.

JMO.
Exactly!! I'm also wondering if he was two hours away and his daughter could not reach her mother and IMO most likely called him first, I think I would get my firemen friends at the local fire department to go by and check on my wife.
Also, I would be surprised that a 16 yr old had the phone number of the 70 yr old neighbor. I'm thinking that BM gave her the number and told her to call the neighbor and get her to go over to check on SM.

This is the first case I have followed on here, but I thought that was strange too. Then the sheriff saying something like “I hope he continues to cooperate,” the search of the house, and BM’s phone and car being seized.
An unusual set of events to be sure if this was anything other than the”kidnap” my trust is with LE and they know what they are doing
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member