Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
1116865B-E4B2-4A9D-90DA-6EF65DCB6701.png 6BACD8DC-6DB5-4B8A-ACB7-F9342FAF186A.png
If BM was hired to lay dirt at the river property as all the MSM articles state, I wonder if the property owner can confirm he was also hired to fiddle around the with sandy area down by the river - completely separate from the foundation site where the new house was going.

Or, if he was only supposed to be laying the dirt that the concrete would have been placed over later.
And if the owner knew nothing about the activity down by the river, that MG told about, that struck her as odd according to her interview with LS, I wonder what BM's explanation is for this?

Listen again how she describes what was going on Saturday morning at this jobsite, and how BM was acting beginning at 2:18

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado
About the BBM. IMO, and from experience, the beach area near the river would be almost the last area of concern for the contractors at that stage in the building process. If you look at the May 23 pics (post beach raking and flattening), that area is needlessly pristine, while construction debris and activity is going on all around. Fast forward to recent photos, and that same area is overgrown and neglected, just like you’d expect from a house in the current stage of construction. Something is not right about that little retaining wall area. MG was certainly dropping very obvious hints about the beach. I also think there is more to her than we know, JMO.

Last edited:
It would be extremely rare. The bike would have to have really good components, shifters, derailleur, wheels etc. but again would not make too much sense.

btw when working on bikes, youtube is your friend ;-)

Perhaps a pink bike was purchased for MD surprise, old bike dealt with after the surprise. JMO 5 bikes!

Does anybody know whats after the boundry of that property along the 'beach' property?
Its just been bugging me since i heard Andy explain that he accidently went onto somebody elses property and it was an honest mistake, could the other hit with the dogs be to the left or the right of the property that was searched previously down by the beach?
Im just thinking somebody whos already committed the crime of murder isnt going to stick to the property lines of where hes working to hide the body necessarily.
It could also explain why nothing was found in the first search as they would of only had a warrant to search the one property,
Just my own speculation as to why they might first get a passive hit (due to transference from tools ect that may have been used) to then getting direct hits somewhere else,
Could Andy of accidentally gone further along where the police hadnt been after the passive hit to a place of interest and ended up getting a direct hit?
Editing to add andy mentioned this on last nights Profiling Evil

The home owner property would end on the riverbank at the ordinary high water mark.
So, building a wall out into the river past the ordinary high water mark would be to leave the homeowners property.

View attachment 265655 View attachment 265654
About the BBM. IMO, and from experience, the beach area near the river would be almost the last area of concern for the contractors at that stage in the building process. If you look at the May 23 pics (post beach raking and flattening), that area is needlessly pristine, while construction debris and activity is going on all around. Fast forward to recent photos, and that same area is overgrown and neglected, just like you’d expect from a house in the current stage of construction. Something is not right about that little retaining wall area. MG was certainly dropping very obvious hints about the beach. I also think there is more to her than we know, JMO.

JMVHO, Agree, so maybe it was a preliminary and temporary fix to stop erosion, BM just likes to do things nice, so it isn’t perfect.

Re the pink bike : Both Websleuths and PE are new to me but I get the sense CM from PE has something of the divil in him, and I wonder if maybe we sometimes take his actual words too literally? I have no idea the relevance of the bike - or it’s colour - but I feel like he is focusing us on bikes but it may not actually be a pink one. Iirc he said something like “I’ll take a pink one please” in his Twitter post & that may have just been him mimicking somebody buying a bike and he threw in “pink one” because it sounds more fun than “I’ll take a bike please” when faced with a shop full of them.

Perhaps a pink bike was purchased for MD surprise, old bike dealt with after the surprise. JMO 5 bikes!
I don't buy the multiple bikes.... the neighbor that went to the SM house for the welfare check was told (supposedly) to go back to the house and look for SM bike .... if there were multiple bikes (2 or 5 or some number in between ) the neighbor would not know if 1 bike was out for a ride on that day

Last edited:
Dealing with the old bike by throwing it down off the road?

Respectfully, I never implied BM ever threw the bike down the hill...I actually believe our unknown threw the wrong bike downhill, hence condition of bike, new vs old. It is my latest working theory, But when I do post it here, constructive criticism helps me work it, I feel this is worth thinking about...JMO
5 bikes

I don't know. The lot had a leach field, which was removed in the demo phase. For the current residence, it has to meet both state and federal regulations for 100 year flood plain, and I just don't know Colorado construction practices that deeply. By the time of the slab search, the entire area where it would be had been altered, and although the county permit site shows waste pipe rough-in was inspected, it gives no clue as to what it was. But it's a really good question! IMO
Never ever thought sleuthing on Websleuths would lead me to research Septic Tanks....

But here goes. There are apparently many different types of Septic Tanks. I think this article does a nice job of explaining the basics. And for all of us visual learners, it has very good diagrams.

Bottom line seems to be, you need to keep the discharge away from your water table.

Types of Septic Systems | US EPA

Enjoy:)

Water Levels at 'Beach' and Dates? Media Thread?
Using the exact same data as you, I do see that the Arkansas River height gauge rose a little over nine inches between May 9 and May 22 (the date of the search photo), but the water level on May 9 was 4.13 feet and the water level yesterday was 2.68 feet. That's a difference of 1.45 feet, or 17.4 inches.
Going back to comparison of the picture, the water level in the May 22nd search picture is eight inches above the water level in the Sept 26 photo.
I think this question devolves to asking MG what muck she raked, and what area she did not rake because it was underwater. She certainly could not have raked all of the area that is exposed today. IMO
Detail Graph
@Dave F. Thank you for once again for providing factual info from reliable sources.
When looking at your link, I noticed there will be a 'shut down' Nov 1, so it may helpful for this info to be incorporated into our threads here. Unfortunately, this discussion and case will run beyond Nov. 1.
@Dave F. and @oviedo
Could/should both these links, w the graph itself, be added to media thread? Or maybe elsewhere? TiA.

Detail Graph
^ contains the following alert.
*** NOTICE: This page is being replaced by Stations This page will shut down on 11/1/2020***

JMO
I have begun to search on this, my memory is that that 2 types of dogs searched the construction site, and there was a cadaver dog involved. They found nothing and the focus then on the slab, so gonna be a dog fight, unless they find more at this point. JMO I’m gonna be really disappointed if LE
missed this...
I don’t recall any reports, photos or videos of any types of dogs at this 3 day search of the riverfront property. Of course we don’t have photos or videos of them using ground penetrating radar in the concrete either, but that WAS reported by MSM because neighbors or the property owner told the media it was done on Thursday. We only saw reporters there on Friday Saturday and Sunday.

IMO media had to drive a couple of hours from Denver and Colorado Springs to get to Salida and somehow missed a whole day of activities because LE was able to keep it quiet the first day. So perhaps there were dogs there on Thursday but it wasn’t reported.
I think what you’re remembering about 2 types of dogs was in the first few days of searching where the bike and personal items were found . The K9’s were listed in the CCSO press releases.

Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff

I don't buy the multiple bikes.... the neighbor that went to the SM house for the welfare check was told (supposedly) to go back to the house and look for SM bike .... if there were multiple bikes (2 or 5 or some number in between ) the neighbor would not know if 1 bike was out for a ride on that day

So evidently this theory does not involve hanging her bikes, or placing them in a clamp stand? This is like a kickstand bike? IMO

Do we even know the colour of the bike that was found? What if BM bought the “pink” bike for SM for her birthday April 30th? Maybe things were already not so “hunky dory” and SM refused to use it? Maybe he threw her old one down the hill, I mean why throw a brand new bike down a hill and risk damaging it? There’s something about that pink bike that figures into this horrible story. JMHO

My birthday and MD gifts get combined into a single more expensive gift, IIRC SMs birthday was April 30, IE sometimes I am “given” something on MD, that allows me to choose by my bday. It’s sort of a way of allowing recipient to choose own colors, etc.
Doesn’t fit with a controlling BM, sigh

If there were multiple bikes I have no doubt that BM specified the colour of SM’s bike to the neighbour, specifically the one he threw down the hill, after all, that is the one he wanted found.....in short order! :)

Respect

Respectfully, I never implied BM ever threw the bike down the hill...I actually believe our unknown threw the wrong bike downhill, hence condition of bike, new vs old. It is my latest working theory, But when I do post it here, constructive criticism helps me work it, I feel this is worth thinking about...JMO
5 bikes

Why would anyone else than BM would feel the need to stage anything? The only reason to stage a scene is to direct the attention to somewhere else, to distance oneself from the crime(scene). No abductor would feel the need of staging, it just doesn’t make any sense IMO

So evidently this theory does not involve hanging her bikes, or placing them in a clamp stand? This is like a kickstand bike? IMO
never really thought about it but using my garage as an example i have 3 bikes hanging on the wall and 1 rack on the wall empty .... someone not familiar with my bike situation would not know if i have one missing or not

There is some stuff i can't really share due to TS and other considerations... i will set up private convo when i get back home. Message me if you would like to be included.

I don’t recall any reports, photos or videos of any types of dogs at this 3 day search of the riverfront property. Of course we don’t have photos or videos of them using ground penetrating radar in the concrete either, but that WAS reported by MSM because neighbors or the property owner told the media it was done on Thursday. We only saw reporters there on Friday Saturday and Sunday.

IMO media had to drive a couple of hours from Denver and Colorado Springs to get to Salida and somehow missed a whole day of activities because LE was able to keep it quiet the first day. So perhaps there were dogs there on Thursday but it wasn’t reported.
I think what you’re remembering about 2 types of dogs was in the first few days of searching where the bike and personal items were found . The K9’s were listed in the CCSO press releases.

Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff
I actually found it in the threads, just can’t link, because I read lots. I’ll go back tonite, try to at least reference thread, on the road now.

JMVHO, Agree, so maybe it was a preliminary and temporary fix to stop erosion, BM just likes to do things nice, so it isn’t perfect.
Actually we only have info of him doing shoddy work. Curious to me that he was almost fanatical about how this should look... flat..flat...flat. In my mind he wanted it to look like he did nothing there, that nothing was disturbed or out of place. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie