CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

I understand. Sorry if I misunderstood. I’m not sure what the process would be but if it were my family member I couldn’t bear to look.

2. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

That is sure not a good look for BM, regardless of outcome. He may have moved the body.

Heck, for all we know, this crime has had several phases. He seems hyper and controlling, and probably literally scared-to-panicked all of the time. Doing stuff that he thinks increase his chances of keeping his freedom would have its appeal.

3. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

Ill even do this with all 3 of my cats!! don't roll your eyes too hard at me

Eve Ning, AnnaGrace, misgrn and 26 others like this.
  4. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

As we know, many serial killers like to bury their victims close by if not right in or around their house and yard. Control & connection. IMO.

5. Sarahlou

Sarahlou Well-Known Member

So many pages to catch up with! Really hoping Suzanne gets found very soon. A break in this case sounds imminent!

AnnaGrace, Brubon, Jedbooks and 10 others like this.
  6. Lilypad13

Lilypad13 Well-Known Member

Could that be a well surrounded by blocks and there is a big dirt pile next to it so maybe it’s from digging out the well? I know nothing about wells but surely someone else here does? Also re driveway permit posted up thread, there is no driveway there yet right? Do you need a driveway permit to drive machinery onto the lot to dig a well? That sounds like a dumb question but just wondering why BM got a driveway permit in July? Isn’t that the last thing you put in?

7. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

If true, they need to sting. And burn.

8. Tate123

Tate123 Well-Known Member

New dirt bikes for all!

9. Hannah3105

Hannah3105 Well-Known Member

As per the Chaffee County SE FB page:

“Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
    September 28, 2020

Contrary to some media reports, there have been no remains found in the Suzanne Morphew case. There have been a handful of potential leads that have been pursued as a result of the volunteer search; however, nothing has been identified as related to Suzanne’s disappearance. Investigators will not comment on specific leads being investigated or other information connected with this case.

Sheriff John Spezze”

10. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

I would never roll my eyes at that! I have an insolent cat and I would do the same except I really need to keep the remaining 3 fingers on my one hand. (j/k still got all 10 fingers and at least a few toes).

misgrn, Brubon, fcavanaugh and 6 others like this.
  11. NoSI

NoSI Well-Known Member

So bummed i am not up there... i wish i could have stayed. All i could really do is take pics and listen... i did talk to some people, but i am not the most extroverted unfortunately.

misgrn, Chocoholic, Alcina and 36 others like this.
  12. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Me TOO!! I wanna see cop cars blocking the road!!!

13. skystarr

skystarr Well-Known Member

Like so very many here, I am praying for the answers and for AM, his family, BM's family, the girls and yes - I am praying for BM. Whatever the truth is here - only the truth can set you free. A serious question is .... if the pups hit at a certain area on a piece of property owned by BM - would they have needed a search warrant for that piece of property first ? BM gave it for Puma Path. But we do not know the details for any other piece of property. My heart is so very sad.

14. DD8

DD8 Lost is not alone

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office

8 minutes ago

15. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

My husband says that, in his professional opinion, BM is what he terms a "dum-dum."

Perps frequently bury remains on areas they know, own or control. The fear of being seen in a place that belongs to a stranger (who understandably will make note) is one reason.

There's a zone of familiarity that the FBI documents in its profiling literature - in which perps often go to known places (they're anxious and panicked, sorting through their minds for "place I've never been before" is really hard). Throwing someone off the road usually doesn't work out well. More concealment (therefore time) is needed. They need a story to tell if someone sees them.

This is common in DV cases (especially since even if pre-meditated, it's often not carefully planned).

16. Moonchime

Moonchime Well-Known Member

Yes!!! No doubt that's what they did.

Brubon, foxbluff, fcavanaugh and 5 others like this.
  17. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Eye roll here. What’s wrong with LE in Chafee County? They don’t update us for weeks at a time and now their egos are bruised. Really?

18. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

DBM- Tweet is not a MSM source-

19. scapa

scapa Well-Known Member

I guess the question then becomes, how far can a man get on a bobcat?

Whew, what a rollercoaster few days. I hope that SM's loved ones can get some of the answers that they need as a result of this extraordinary search.

MerBeach, Brubon, Kittybunny and 20 others like this.
  20. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

could be just to give him the right to have equipment (bobcat) on the property. He may have also brought in new dirt, sand or crushed rock.
    But I think he wanted the right to be piddling on the property.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.