Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNBELIEVABLE. LE basically writes SM off, even after cadaver dogs hit on BM's property and work sites? WTH is going on there? And who chased off the EFF BEE EYE, if I may ask?? How does this happen?

Knowing AM, he'll stay all night, and the next day he'll start digging at dawn. And what if the poor man finds parts of his sister? Will the cops be interested then? Honestly, this is a horror show.
Bam!!!

Well tonight, for who knows how long, the cadaver dog handler (and I assume the dog), have been keeping Andy company, Chris said on the show.

It won't surprise me if some locals show up to keep Andy company too, since several notes popped up on screen asking how they can help tonight.
Best post I’ve read tonight. Poor Andy!

It's not fair - but it's the fate of so many who go missing in small town/rural America (and in big cities too).

LE agencies need to be fair-handed with their budgets.

But it is really sad that LS was taken off this case. She got her first real spot on the local Fox program last week (like a 4-6 minute in studio spot, not just on on-site report). Then something happened. It's really not fair to her at all, whatever it is.

"Whatever it is" is starting to stink.

The best thing would be to have a good camera that is able to clearly capture nighttime, and have that camera on a stable tripod, pointed right at the area where the dog(s) alerted, and have time-lapse pics taken, every 20 seconds or so, all night long, and until LE shows up.

Andy or whoever could use that as evidence that on their watch, no one approached the scene, including themselves.

So I know most people on here are fans of Sheriff S and his team. And thinks that he’s just “holding his cards close to his chest”.

-But remember LS’s report of them
not getting the security video from Poncha Market
-Asking neighbors to hold onto video for certain dates...but WAY after it could have been potentially already deleted
-And now this?

I hate to be a naysayer. But is it possible that the Sheriffs office is just doing a really terrible job with this investigation , due to budget issues, COVID, or something more sketchy?
I will go with something more sketchy. And I am pro LE.
At this point, as a family member I would just want to find my sister! I wouldn’t be worried about contaminating a crime scene or what a defense attorney might do to the case or even if Barry would not be charged. I would just want to find my sister.
Karma will take care of Barry eventually.

PE is calling LE out on the dog hits and if they actually took them seriously, JMO.
I'm listening to them now and I'm getting angry at Salida LE. Andy is watching the site where the cadavers dogs hit. LE hasn't even shown up to process the dang scene!! Mike and Chris from PE have told Andy not to leave!!! If nobody from LE shows up, I don't know what is going to go down!

I will go with something more sketchy. And I am pro LE.
At this point, as a family member I would just want to find my sister! I wouldn’t be worried about contaminating a crime scene or what a defense attorney might do to the case or even if Barry would not be charged. I would just want to find my sister.
Karma will take care of Barry eventually.
I agree. If LE doesn't show up, maybe Andy will start digging. This is crazy. What the heck is wrong with Salida LE?

Yes, they told Andy he should stay at the site until investigators process the scene. Probably not good advice. I think this has been physically and mentally exhausting for him.

It's pretty incredible that multiple dogs hit in the same spot in two different locations. Her body can't be in both places.
Why not Mcbetsy? Maybe dismembered? I know. Likely not true. But seriously. They could dig and find out. Suzanne is somewhere.

Maybe there's a jurisdictional conflict or a budgetary conflict? You've got more than 1 agency, but CCSO is the lead on this case, so if the Sheriff is dragging his feet, I don't know that CBI, FBI, or anyone else can go in there and take over or not. It feels political, but that's me speculating.

IMO

I think local LE considers the outsiders coming in to search as an insult rather than a help. What if they did miss things, how are they going to explain that? It's better for the searches to end, searchers and outsiders to go home and then possibly local LE can miraculously find something that leads to finding Suzanne. Allows them to save face. ALL MOO

Reading your updates from what PE is saying. Thank you for posting them. I am confused, needless to say. Chris is saying he has inside info that Suzanne is buried under the tree and rocks? Is that true? As I said I'm confused.
Cadaver dogs hit there both yesterday and today. Yes, there is a tree that has big rocks around it. Salida LE isn't even processing the scene. Chris and Mike have told Andy to stay at the site and not to leave. They've even proposed that Andy should spend the night there. Andy's not alone there. May God be with them all. Dang! I thought LE was there to help find Suzanne. This is bananas!!

Search for Suzanne Morphew pushes on despite silence from Chaffee County Sheriff | FOX21 News Colorado

Some people in Salida expressed concern about the lack of information from Sheriff Spezze.

“We are such a small town where everyone knows everything. You would be amazed by the secrets the mountains hold regarding this case,” a business owner said.

Another store owner added, “people that have money can do dangerous things, if you get too close to the fire you can get burned.”
I hope you all have read the above. And again. And again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member