Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s one individual at the heart of this, and that is BM. He has torn apart his family, and in just a couple of years, torn apart the people of Salida. He is the center of this cyclone of noise and disinformation. This is playing out like he, and possibly a select few people are trying to make it.

It’s not LE, the people of Salida, PE, or LS. Remove that, and you have the POI in the murder of his own wife. Don’t know whatever he was in the past, and don’t care. What he is now, is a terrible husband, a rotten dad, and a cold hearted, dangerous person.

People are letting this loser lead them around by the nose.

Of course, just MOO :)
Thank you for the reminder. He’ll be pounding his chest like the king of the jungle if AM goes home with no answers.

Not that it needs to be said, but finishing PE show tonight, my heart hurts so badly for Andy right now if he is camped out just hoping they will search that spot.

I am not even that close to my brother, but I cannot imagine what AM is going through. Although, as previously mentioned, as thoroughly as they have searched, it should be slightly comforting knowing she probably wasn't where was searched, being a problem solver, it would be so hard to go home STILL not knowing. omg my heart aches for her family and her children. I pray they all get some kind of peace some day.

Thank you for the reminder. He’ll be pounding his chest like the king of the jungle if AM goes home with no answers.

I hope he does breathe a sigh of relief if Andy does go home empty handed.

That way, he’ll never see it coming.

Patrick Frazee was dumb enough to utter the words, “no body, no crime.”

We all saw how that worked out for him.

I agree with your opinion that maybe lines were getting blurred. LS also did a sit down with
D W A P a couple of months ago. I was disappointed she gave that person 5 minutes of her time. Just because I don’t like him. Sometimes we are judged by the company we keep. JMO

I disagree. LS made it very clear (as did the hosts) that she was appearing on her own, and not representing Fox21.

It's a fact that former KOAA reporter Sam Kraemer also appeared on DWAP, and Dateline without repercussions to his career.

IMO, the common denominator here between any turmoil with this case for AM, PE, and LS is the CCSO.

Seems many did not take kindly to LS for calling out the Sheriff for not communicating with media about this case.

Perhaps Fox21 knew in advance that CCSO was not going to respond to evidence by the search effort (but LS would keep asking why). IMO, Chris will be feeling some backlash from Chaffee County. (It will be nothing compared to what a young, female, reporter doing her job received).

MOO

Let's walk this through logically step by step.

Local LE, i.e, the CCSO, signaled very early on that they did not believe that SM had disappeared herself.
LE also publicly dismissed the idea that a mountain lion had attacked her.

If local LE wasn't on the up-and-up, they would have embraced the bike ride story, and concluded that she most likely had either wandered off into the woods injured and then succumbed to her injuries, or been attacked and carried off by that mountain lion seen in the area.

They would have done a few token searches, and then that would have been that.
Case closed.

That wasn't the CCSO's behavior here, though.

Instead, Sheriff Spezze called in BOTH the CBI AND the FBI very early on in the investigation.
He also mustered a vast array of resources from surrounding cities, counties, etc., as well as non-LE organizations, including, more recently, Necrosearch.

They searched the home on multiple occasions.
They dug up a foundation on a separate piece of private property.

If someone wants to explain to me why a LEA that had no interest in finding a missing woman and/or for some unknown reason wanted to coverup that crime would actively solicit the involvement of all these numerous outside agencies to assist them in their investigation, I'm all ears.

All ears.

Just make sure the explanation makes sense.

JMO.

It just seems like something changed from the time LS started to get critical of LE.

is it possible they released the scene and disappeared to see if BM or one his goons would try to show up there and tamper with something? that seems too outrageous, and even too dumb of a possible BM move. and surely chris wouldn't tell andy to sit out there with that as a risk. i don't know. i'm a bit stumped by this move.

Maybe Fox didn’t think Lauren’s spots on Suzanne were resonating with the audience (unlikely), or she was pulled because she is now likely a witness?

Maybe Barry really opened up and made some type of admissions to her that she could testify to (not hearsay.).
That very well could be. Good investigative reporters have been known to be instrumental in uncovering evidence in many crimes. But they are normally affiliated with a network (I think). Jmo

is it possible they released the scene and disappeared to see if BM or one his goons would try to show up there and tamper with something? that seems too outrageous, and even too dumb of a possible BM move. and surely chris wouldn't tell andy to sit out there with that as a risk. i don't know. i'm a bit stumped by this move.
MOO it is what it is. Sheriff thinks dogs evidence is not reliable.

Agreed. This isn’t some criminal mastermind who’s pulling the strings.

None of this took a great deal of planning or intelligence. I think this was very sloppy, and Barry has merely been lucky to this point.

He knows the land, he knows the outdoors, and he had the tools and knowledge to hide Suzanne’s body.

He likely got one thing right in a slew of errors. I don’t believe it will matter.
Oh, he's no genius but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have an 'IN' somewhere up in the food chain.

Maybe, maybe not. I think he has friends in high places. Are they friends or are they involved in nefarious ways, there's no telling.
I'm going to somewhat agree, he may be friendly with someone of importance locally. But I'm not buying that anyone is pulling strings for him to the tune it's influencing the investigation to his benefit.

I'm going to stop letting today's weirdness influence my common sense & thoughts. No conspiracies, LE is not failing in the investigation and peanut-butter Barry is going to be arrested. Probably just not as soon as I would like.

Tomorrow's a new day, night everyone :)

Oh, he's no genius but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have an 'IN' somewhere up in the food chain.

I see no signs of that. I think he’s “got friends in low places.”

It didn’t stop the Sheriff from bringing in the CBI and FBI very quickly.

They created a task force that has made it clear through their actions, that he is the prime suspect in his wife’s disappearance (multiple search warrants).

He has lamented his life being ruined, and becoming the focus of a national story that has not painted him in a good light.

He has accused law enforcement of screwing up the investigation, and basically claimed they are out to get him.

I think he’s right about that. They are, and they will.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member