CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Well that was not me. I have been the pessimist. I am pro LE but I am also impatient and hate, really hate when someone gets hurt, let alone murdered. Yes I have complained lately about the local LE in this case, because of things I heard.
    But it is of no consequence now because Andy Moorman is pleased with them and has confidence in them. I will take his word. So I will wait just as you will. One day Justice will be served.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020

2. ReckoningDay

ReckoningDay Well-Known Member

So true. Although I enjoy press conferences and inside scoops as much as the next WSer, I remind myself often that we are not owed ANY explanation for how investigations are run. Sometimes all the info made public and speculating we do might even be a detriment to justice. (??) I don't know, but it is a concern.

3. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Although it was disappointing not to hear from LS, I don't believe it did anything to suppress the case or harm Andy's efforts.

Yes, there is public interest, but suppressing the details may actually be to the advantage of the case.

I do wonder if Barry would have kept his promise to attend the vigil if Lauren had been there.

4. Sportn

Sportn Well-Known Member

I am optimistic that SM will be found and here's why. I keep circling back to a verifiable timeline (which we don't have but I bet LE does). Here's my working hypothesis.
    1. BM was working alone.
    2. There is finite amount of time to disappear her and LE most likely knows what that time line looks like.
    3. She was probably disappeared under the cover of darkness which pulls the timeline in.
    4. The terrain out there is very rough and walking it at night could easily lead to a broken ankle so I don't think she was taken to some inaccessible hiding spot
    5. Given #4, the location had to be drivable by truck and possibly bobcat
    6. Loading a bobcat on and off a trailer by yourself at night could be time consuming, difficult and noisy so I don't think the bobcat is in play, that leaves just the truck.
    7. Combine the above with truck GPS and other (cell phone) electronic data I think you can probably get very close to points of interest. BM may have had head start but as LE tightens up the details they are zeroing in on the truth. They are going to find her one way or the other (the other being that BM could just break under the stress and lead them to her). JMO

5. Moonchime

Moonchime Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I view BM as well. His knowledge and the tools he had at his disposal helped him far more than the average killer. (Not that there's anything average about killing or killers.) I still have a lot of hope that LE is building a solid case in order to take this to trial. MOO

6. NoSI

NoSI Well-Known Member

BAM!!! as @Warwick7 would say. So very true!

I still think rage killing... His trip to Broomfield including asking his workers to get down there on very short notice seems disorganized and not planned/thought throu to me. Or am i missing something?

7. margarita25

margarita25 Keep on rockin’ in the free world

This is what I’m really trying to wrap my ahead around, as far as the timeline and other details relating to this trip. Again, it’s just a matter of me studying the case details, which all of you have already provided.

So, what is the consensus here, re: the bleach? Did he come here to clean up? Shower? Change clothes? Or worse yet, use the bathtub for...

Re: setting up an alibi, tools, work materials...

How does this whole Broomfield thing fit into the timeline and circumstances? Again, I am very familiar with this area.

PaulaDC, Paulas88, jakat and 20 others like this.
  8. *Verdigris

*Verdigris MaeSai MuPa Miracle 〜❤︎ อู๊ด ⚽️ OINK!❤︎〜

I know it's been asked before,
    but don't recall a definitive answer...

do we know if BM has an attorney?

9. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

I can’t imagine him driving that far with a body in the car. Even if he did it in the middle of the night, it’s a huge risk. The only way I can see him putting Suzanne that far away is if she was drugged first, then murdered wherever he left her. If he was pulled over by LE, he could say she was sleeping or passed out drunk.
    JMO

10. *Verdigris

*Verdigris MaeSai MuPa Miracle 〜❤︎ อู๊ด ⚽️ OINK!❤︎〜

Hey Magz! ❤︎
    Good to see ya on this thread.
    Be careful, it can drain your emotions fast.

11. k-mac

k-mac Well-Known Member

Its reassuring to know LE where watching that site the night Andy supposedly stood guard and he didn't know a thing about it.
    Gives me confidence if true, they are all over this.

But at the other end of the spectrum.
    We all know LE were ALL OVER Leticia Stauch and yet she managed to access Gannon and take him across country...discard him without detection.

LE had NO HAND in finding him. Pure coincidence and blessing that a road crew happened upon him.

Epic task against a man whom digs holes and retains them for a living.:(
    Think its going to be a no body case.

moo

12. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

I’m not exactly sure how it all fits in, but according to Andy, he’s under the impression that the perp had a 3.5 hour window under the cover of darkness.

Now, how he knows this? I’m not sure, but I can wager that he is privy to way more information than those of us here at WS. JMO

13. margarita25

(Thank you. I’d like to share an example of a model I created in baby Amiah Robertson’s case, which may or may not be helpful here. Making note to pick up here.)

jakat, fcavanaugh, al66pine and 6 others like this.
  14. Pyrite

Pyrite Well-Known Member

She was a fairly small woman. I can see her being put in a construction crew size ice chest and being taken as far away as her killer wanted to go, before disposing of her body with minimal risk.

15. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

I forgot about the cooler angle. That makes it more doable.

jakat, fcavanaugh, al66pine and 12 others like this.
  16. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

There’s a lot of land between Maysville and Broomfield, and a lot of days between the last sighting and the neighbor’s call to 911.

AllGrace, jakat, fcavanaugh and 16 others like this.
  17. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

Now, that's disappointing, because I thought, this case is an exception of the rules to catch not only a "wife-killer" but with some higher goal behind.
    ETA: deleted part of my text

charminglane, jakat, al66pine and 8 others like this.
  18. Dave F.

Dave F. Well-Known Member

Here is something to think seriously about:

Four months in, LE has not informed the public how tall SM was, how much she weighed, if she had any distinguishing marks, or what she might have been wearing the day of her disappearance.

After six days if intense searching in Colorado, AM did not inform the the public how tall his little sister was, how much she weighed, if she had any distinguishing marks, or what she might have been wearing the day of her disappearance.

IMO

19. margarita25

I’m sure this has been mentioned/discussed, but also locations that take construction waste and fire related disposal, for example, on a big scale, the Staten Island landfill, Fresh Kills (terrible name) which took the 9/11 remnants. Of course, really he could have used any dumpster, if that happened to be one of the many possible outlets he chose (dumpster as opposed to say, forest burial, water, mountain, concrete, etc.).

Gosh it is sickening to type these things. Again he fights fires. That says a lot, obviously. (AA in Mackenzie Lueck’s case comes to mind, or Travis Forbes, the list is endless). And firefighters are also trained to do a lot more than just fight fires. That is just one of the many things they are skilled to do.

As I stated previously, this is a very, very challenging case wrt to all this stuff we are talking about.

Who know, maybe he was really, really stupid and applied none of his skills or resources. But if I had to guess, I’d say otherwise.

20. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Has anyone created a list of the questions about BM or his questionable behavior? I really just started reading this case regularly the end of last week, whereas before I would pop in here and there.

jakat, al66pine, Itsapuzzle and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.