CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magicforest

magicforest Well-Known Member

Thank you for explaining these things to us. That's why I filter and follow you on Websleuths! <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2020
  2. gamma gal

gamma gal Well-Known Member

AND, 5 types of resolution: spatial, spectral, temporal, radiometric and geometric. But Planet.com has 5 satellites with daily archived data to search....hmmmmm. Just my theory and MOO that they are combing the daily very high resolution images from May 8th -10th for that vicinity.

3. MassGuy

MassGuy On Time Out

Yeah, the vast majority of that stuff was already public record.

I don’t think we’re dealing with the same type of killer here, at least from a psychological standpoint.

Yes, they both had something to gain, but I believe BM was focused on one thing.

Money.

I think their marriage wasn’t picture perfect, and they argued quite a bit. I believe that Suzanne got sick of it, and with the kids ready to move on, was ready to move on herself.

Barry responded with violence, and took advantage of a vast, open area. He had the knowledge and equipment to hide her body, even though he didn’t have a great deal of time.

He had every advantage, and I don’t believe Suzanne’s body will ever be found.

gamma gal, Dre, Rolo and 40 others like this.
  4. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

I literally just finished watching it. It’s different in that Watts was (as MassGuy said), a family annihilator. But so many similarities. The bulking up. The shaking of Watts head back and forth as he made his plea for them to return.
    Moving on to a new life. It’s a powerful documentary.

And it had me thinking. For those that believe the SM case was about money, how could it NOT be premeditated?

I was still leaning with an argument that led to rage. But I don’t know what to think now.

BethSpirit, Rolo, Kittybunny and 23 others like this.
  5. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Yeah this is all
    WHAT,

(faint)

are you freaking kidding me?

6. MassGuy

MassGuy On Time Out

Watts bulked up because he was trying to make himself more attractive. He was looking for an affair.

It’s possible that was the case here, but there was also a practical advantage. As a volunteer firefighter, Barry was up against younger and stronger people. So there’s also another explanation for why he wanted to gain muscle.

Imagine this. Suzanne says she wants a divorce, and she’s serious. Barry knows what this means financially, as he’s already thought about the implications in the past.

He can’t have that.

I do believe when all is said and done, this will meet the requirements of premeditated murder. I’m just not convinced he woke up that morning with a plan.

Rolo, AllGrace, Subiechik21 and 38 others like this.
  7. margarita25

8. gamma gal

Sick....but maybe by scouring the Planet.com daily high res imagery for clues May 8th/10th?

9. steeltowngirl

Makes sense. I wonder why she would pick that weekend to say she’d want a divorce? Someone posted a few threads back that maybe it was due to the girls being gone. She finally had some alone time with him, to talk serious.

It still niggles at me that BM was originally set to go to the wall job alone with the female worker. On Mother’s Day weekend - when they should have spent time together as a couple if the girls were gone.

I could see SM feeling hurt by that, tired of coming last in his life. Maybe feeling like it was the last straw, and finally said “I’m done”. And he lost it.

10. Lilypad13

Lilypad13 On Time Out

I had given up on the meaning of “5” and was getting increasingly annoyed that he kept teasing stringing us along without explaining the meaning. I know most of us were kind of over the guessing games but I see several posts about it tonight although I’m having trouble reading because I have freakin’ pink eye in both eyes and have greasy prescription ointment in my eyes right now so please excuse any typos.

Ok so PE had a Live chat tonight and a lot of people were asking about the meaning of #5 and Chris said this re the #5...he said there will be a statement or press conference (can’t remember which, sorry) and just to be patient and when it comes out the meaning of the #5 will be clear. Then he said we should buckle our seat belts because there was a lot more to come and he also added pop some popcorn because it’s going to be good! Not quoting his exact words but pretty close. And before Chris spoke about #5 Mike warned him not to give away too much. I think he said as long as he could be subjective or subtle or something but you could tell he was nervous about what Chris was going to say. What Chris did say tonight gave me hope again and made me feel better. They know a lot more than they can tell us right now because they don’t want to hurt the case. He really made it sound like something big would be announced soon...

11. MassGuy

MassGuy On Time Out

60 Minutes had a cool segment on that technology a year or so ago.

Private companies with satellites that photograph much of the earth a couple times a day.

That technology helped with the killing of Bin Laden, as they were able to go back in time and get the layout of the compound as it was being constructed.

It’s application hasn’t been used in many criminal cases, and I’m skeptical of how it could prove helpful here, but who knows.

Rolo, Subiechik21, Sunny123 and 23 others like this.
  12. MassGuy

MassGuy On Time Out

That job was planned previously, but canceled at least once. I think he just used it as a last minute alibi.

She was dead, and he needed to sell a scenario.

13. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

14. margarita25

15. gamma gal

His subtle hint was satellite imagery... i ran with that, ref my posts, lol

16. gamma gal

17. DBLG

DBLG Well-Known Member

This is random but I just googled "5" and "Bruce Lee" and this Nike shoe popped up. I know it's a long shot but just wondering if a footprint or this shoe is relevant? I'm really reaching but just wanted to put it out there.... ALL JMO

Attached Files:

18. margarita25

19. steeltowngirl

Oh yeah that’s right. The original job was when he was to have been going alone with her. But still, he was working Friday night and Saturday morning, alone with the worker, I think?

Just sounds like he didn’t have much time for SM. Which I get if he’s building a business, but they were nearing empty nest age. I can see she might have started to feel lonely and wanted more time as a couple. He seems selfish. Jmo

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  20. gamma gal

They can compare high resolution images from day to day, side by side. Heck the may see Barry on his Cougar, i mean Bobcat....

NWLady, Rolo, Subiechik21 and 24 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.