Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hung on to that scenario longer than most, but have been forced to move this down on my possibilities lists.
IMO , we have a much simpler, closer to home scenario, that doesn’t involve BM.
Who stands to gain, financially, if SM is declared dead?
Who would have gained, if the entire Morphew family had been present on MD?
My speculation, MOO

Since you’re implying financial gain by someone other than BM, you’re clearly pointing towards someone in SM’s family being involved.

The absurdity of that allegation is that:

1. It would be the coincidence of all coincidences that BM leaves SM alone on Mother’s Day by leaving at 4 or 5am, for a job that didn’t even have a crew assembled to work on and doesn’t even have proof of existing.

2. That SM family member would not have known that both daughters were in another state on a camp trip. A quick check of social media would have shown they were out of town.

The mountain lion is a more likely scenario than what you propose.

Human remains found in Saguache County - KRDO

State & Regional News

SAGUACHE, Colo. (KRDO) — The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is helping investigate after hikers discovered human remains in an area near an abandoned mine in Saguache County on Friday.

The Saguache County Sheriff’s Office asked Colorado Bureau of Investigation agents from its Grand Junction regional office to investigate the remains to determine the identity of the person as well as the cause of death.

The remote location where the remains were found is in the western part of the county near the Hinsdale County line.
This is truly remote country, at high elevation. 14,000-ft San Luis Peak is in this area. The nearest "town" is just across the county line at nearly 9,000 ft and consists of 14 people at the last census. Getting to this area from Maysville would not be a quick trip on straight roads: I'd guess it's a 5 to 6 hour round trip. These remains are very unlikely to be SM's. MOO.

It's actually both:

FB friends of BM report seeing SM show up in their "PYMK" or "Friend Suggestions" that weekend. This was consistent across multiple (6 or more) FB friends of BM that were not FB friends with SM and was new activity Mother's Day weekend.

Additionally, sometime late Saturday evening (actually, the DW is trying to pin the timing of this down as she knows a couple of these individuals) some of AMs FB friends received "friend requests" from SM.

I believe the consensus on here (thanks to @EggSalad for contributing on this) was that the first event was triggered by an algorithm. The most logical trigger for that would have been someone logging into FB from BM's phone.

You're right about the second event (the friend requests) would not be based on an algorithm, but instead would have been triggered by someone in SMs FB account manually choosing to send friend requests. My speculation on that is if that someone was logged in as SM and wanting to show some activity, they may have liked some of AMs posts or posts AM was tagged in. I believe doing this would possibly put AMs friends in SMs PYMK or friend suggestion lists, and that same person clicked on those to send the friend requests (unaware or too panicked to realize how odd this would appear). I can't think of any reason why someone would specifically look up AMs friends to send friend requests to, so that's why I believe what I do.

It's all speculation, of course, but hope that helps. MOO, JMO.

What’s interesting to me regarding my Facebook theory (BM logged in as SM on his device)

-BM would have logged in as SM on his device on Saturday in order for those requests to be made.

-I’m assuming the requests happened around midnight EST, which is 10pm MT.

-In order for BM to do this, it would mean that he wasn’t going to be using SM’s device, so it would be powered off or destroyed before 10pm MT.

-We’ve heard that SM’s phone last pinged inside the house.

-So it makes me think SM was killed sometime between that 4pm sandwich sighting and 10pm.

-It would have been easy for BM to just keep using SM’s phone at home, so the fact that it doesn’t appear he does that makes me think he’s in hide the evidence mode by 10pm.

-Is there relevance with this timeline and the one story we heard from the best friend that their messaging abruptly ended at 9:30pm on Saturday? What about the alleged 11:30pm salida job site noise?

Was BM picking up the bobcat at 11:30pm to use it later that night for disposal of a body? Maybe even hiding the broken pieces of her phone under a soon to be poured concrete slab? Did BM need all of the workers in Broomfield Sunday because he had the bobcat with him and it wouldn’t be at the salida site for any of his workers to use on Sunday and didn’t need that fact blowing up the clear indication that he took it Saturday night at an odd hour?

Looks like it.
This was a possible murder motivated by financial greed. :(

What’s interesting about financial greed, which I agree is the motive, is:

-BM seemed to have control over SM’s money when she was alive.

-So for financial greed to be the motive it seems like:

1. SM was going to divorce him which would separate BM from being able to control her money.

OR

2. BM needed the money to pay off a debt that SM was not aware of, and for some reason SM knowing about this debt would have been a major problem.

BBM:

So, I went back to review exactly what BM said about that:

Husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew, 49, claims cops have 'destroyed evidence' | Daily Mail Online

SABBM:
In his interview with Fox 21, Barry admitted one inconsistency with a story he told investigators regarding a bobcat he used for landscaping.

'It was only because I didn't know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,' he stated.

'I was confused and I just found out my wife was missing, and I was a little bit not in my right mind when they were asking me these questions, but I did the best I could and I answered everything. I never once declined any interview.'

It's entirely possible that the CBI was focused on the bobcat.

It's also possible that the CBI was focused on BM's movements around the time of SM's disappearance, and that BM drug the bobcat in as part of some convoluted alibi.

Doing "a mechanical thing" to his bobcat sounds like a completely evasive comment.
It also sounds like an invention.

I'd be extremely interested to know exactly which day/time BM got "confused" about during his Q & A with LE.

Having said that, I think we can all agree that the important thing is that BM "did the best he could" to come up with a plausible story. The fact that the CBI clearly didn't buy it, notwithstanding.

What a trooper.

JMO.

Why are all his statements so defensive and about him and not his wife? its like he is only focused on explaining himself every time like he's speaking to a jury rather than being focused on giving information that could help find his wife.

I wonder, whether SM/BM were seen in Salida on Saturday 4pm with 2 bikes or with a car?

I further wonder, whether SM had been SM indeed, as any woman her stature and with long dark-blonde hair with sunglasses and mouthguard (maybe even with a helmet) could have been her in the eyes of an unsuspecting observer.

Yes, bingo... even a mask can make this a definite possibility.

Could there be something so embarrassing or harmful to BM’s Christian persona that he would kill to keep it secret?
But is BM really a devoted Christian? My bet it’s on Suzanne (by what I’ve seen posted by her). I think he was going to church to keep up this perfect family image and maybe to network and build up his landscaping business.

I haven’t seen one outward Christian trait in him. He has never mentioned his wife by her Christian name. Heck! He hasn’t even searched for her or gone to any vigil!

Nope! BM is no Christian in my book. MOO

Yes, bingo... even a mask can make this a definite possibility.
Yes! bike gear or not - a ball cap, sunglasses, face covering. Pretty tough to identify someone. Would like to see CCTV footage.
It’s extremely creepy to think another human would be willing to stand in as a ‘fake’ SM but it’s possible (especially for a large amount of money).

I still think this is unlikely. It was midst of shutdown - nobody was cheerily going to the sandwich shop on a Saturday afternoon. If picking up food, curbside pick up was typical. It does not line up.

But is BM really a devoted Christian? My bet it’s on Suzanne (by what I’ve seen posted by her). I think he was going to church to keep up this perfect family image and maybe to network and build up his landscaping business.

I haven’t seen one outward Christian trait in him. He has never mentioned his wife by her Christian name. Heck! He hasn’t even searched for her or gone to any vigil!

I agree that he likely only poses as a Christian. Do we even know if he went to church, not that that’s the measure anyway?
MOO

On the PE website on the case map it says:

According to this BM let her go into the house by whatever means. It could have been a code given or giving a location of a spare key or whatever.
It makes sense because in a case like this the said person could just be laying on the floor somewhere inside the house injured or dead.
Actually it would be very telling if he didn’t ask the neighbor to go inside because that would mean he knew she wouldn’t be there to find.
It was also an opportunity to find out what the neighbor's reaction would be, i.e.

Barry, she's not there but there is a strong odor of bleach...

Why is the carpet sopping wet?

Barry, when did you rearrange the family room furniture?

MOO

This is truly remote country, at high elevation. 14,000-ft San Luis Peak is in this area. The nearest "town" is just across the county line at nearly 9,000 ft and consists of 14 people at the last census. Getting to this area from Maysville would not be a quick trip on straight roads: I'd guess it's a 5 to 6 hour round trip. These remains are very unlikely to be SM's. MOO.
@Dalgliesh would you agree this area, at this elevation would possibly still be snowed in early in May? I also think it’s unlikely this is SM.
Many of the high country passes don’t open until July, and in this terrain it can easily take 3 hours to drive 50 or so miles (even in summer)! Unless the bobcat has snow tracks and someone was up all night. MOO

It was also an opportunity to find out what the neighbor's reaction would be, i.e.

Barry, she's not there but there is a strong odor of bleach...

Why is the carpet sopping wet?

Barry, when did you rearrange the family room furniture?

MOO
And if she noticed these sort of things, she would have included that information to 911 more than likely. Moo

Are we even aware if JR entered the home? I may have missed that. Perhaps BM just gave her the key code to the garage to check on the cars and then SM’s bike.

Since the beginning of this sad case, JR has been very private. If she realized SM was missing, and if she DID smell bleach, imagine how internally freaked out she would have been.
I am pretty sure she would tell LE about that "smell" detail.....which would IMO be a HUGE tell to LE.
How fearful of BM is she, as each day ticks by?
MOO

I brought up the camp scenario with my husband just today! I have always had a hard time believing their church would have scheduled anything like this a) the week before Mother's Day b) when school was still in session (albeit online) C) during Covid quarantine. Plus BM's sisters both live in the Alexandria area, so why was his sister (also, TN's mother) in Colorado accompanying her nieces on a trip for a church she does not attend? Since BM's mother is in her early seventies maybe a family driving trip to Colorado was ostensibly planned to celebrate Mother's Day. That might explain her presence in TD's video. I, too, have many questions about this so-called church camp trip... MOO
I just went back to the TD recording.

I'm pretty sure that the part about the girls running late was a falsehood, put in there because his conversation with Suzanne about the girls spending the day with her never happened and was never the plan. It's a long journey from ID to CO.

This is what I hear on the recording - I'm not sure if it matches an official transcript

TD: Let me ask you a quick question Barry. So you were in Denver but how long, how long before somebody noticed that she was gone?

BM: Well it was Mother’s Day,

TD: It was Mother’s Day

BM: So, um, we um, (pauses) we had two daughters that were coming home from a trip. And I had got a job in Denver that I wanted to get started on on Sunday, set it up for my workers, my workers were coming in Sunday night, normally I work [inaudible] Sunday night [inaudible] Monday but I, being the owner, I wanted to get everything lined up so that they didn’t have to stay in the room on the Monday morning, just get busy working.

TD: Right

BM: So I told my wife, I said listen, the girls are gonna be home, they want to spend Mother’s Day with you, mind if I go get set up [inaudible] set up the [bikes?] and stuff and then the girls came home [inaudible]. That’s what we thought was going to happen. The girls were running late so they texted her Happy Mother’s Day, she didn’t text back. So we went to, or they called my neighbors, and said ‘listen, it’s Mother’s Day, I’m a little worried, and will you go check the house?’ The neighbor went and checked the house, saw that her car was there but the bike was gone. She called me in Denver and said ‘hey we’re just a little worried’ and I go ‘well, I am too, why don’t we…

start point 6:22

MOO

Could there be something so embarrassing or harmful to BM’s Christian persona that he would kill to keep it secret?

That's really a most curious question. Tough to answer without bringing up religion and how it does or doesn't figure in to this case.

The answer of course is yes. Although I haven't actually seen anything that leads me to believe he is actually a Christian, the persona may be important enough to him, for whatever reason, to go to unthinkable lengths to keep secrets in the dark.

jmo

MOO, as neither I nor the DW have any direct knowledge of this - but based on how BM talks (especially the "if one person is saved" comment, but he's also been quoted more than once referencing God) I believe he at least wants to be portrayed as a Christian.
I'm 100% with you that I fail to see any of the traits I would hope people would associate with Christianity (humility, integrity, love, grace, compassion, etc.) MOO

And if she noticed these sort of things, she would have included that information to 911 more than likely. Moo
If she had mentioned it to Barry first, would he have still told her to call 911? IDK. It reminds me of Patsy Ramsey with her hands over her face, watching the officer's reaction through her fingers. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage