CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #45

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LorLa

LorLa Active Member

For anyone who has followed the Suzanne Morphew disappearance from the beginning, we knew she battled cancer twice. Diagnosed as a teenager and in 2018, prior to the family’s move to Colorado.

Family reported they celebrated her last treatment October 1, 2019.

Jamie Leary, a reporter in Denver, did an “interview” with Suzanne’s husband this week. Once again, he refused to do it on camera. So Jamie Leary basically repeated what he said. In her report, around the 2 minute mark, she said Suzanne’s cancer recently returned. I walked away from that interview thinking Suzanne was diagnosed for a THIRD time. Ive reached out to Jamie & the news station several times to get some clarification on her stating “recently returned”. Did she misspeak? Did she quote Suzanne’s husband? They havent said anything. Id think if she misspoke they would report the correction but they havent.

We've all heard that it was claimed that Suzanne missed a doctor’s appointment the day after she disappeared but do we know that this is fact? Where did that get started or stated from?

Soooo now Im stuck on those 2 words; “recently returned”. If this IS something that he actually told the reporter, that is HUGE to me! Not as in her disappearance was a possible suicide or took off on her own account.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/10/07/barry-suzanne-morphew-disappearance/amp/

2. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

Mother’s Day?!, didn’t we all wonder that they weren’t all there?!

Rolo, Itsapuzzle, Subiechik21 and 3 others like this.
  3. JosieMae

JosieMae Well-Known Member

In the healthcare biz, "r/t" is shorthand for "related to".

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  4. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

I don't have any theories because I never do and that's not my thing, but I don't believe this case is an "oopsie, my bad" for being a bit too aggressive followed by a cover-up of what could be argued, legally, as an accident. I'm not saying it's impossible for something like that to occur, but I think this was an intentional act, even if it started first as a crime of passion or from a fight.

For instance, if a person is strangled, it takes 3 to 4 minutes to kill someone that way, on average, and intent to kill is formed right then and there, making the crime a first degree murder, even if there wasn't prior planning.

IMO

windrower, Rolo, AnnaGrace and 30 others like this.
  5. Midwestmom2019

Midwestmom2019 Well-Known Member

Humility is a virtue, is it not?

Rolo, Fireflize, MsBetsy and 12 others like this.
  6. marylamby

marylamby Well-Known Member

If someone were stalking the home and victim, as you've suggested - possibly from an 'old' RV, wouldn't they know who was home or not?
    I think it would be pretty difficult to 'abduct' 3 or 4 people without bloodshed.
    Nah, I don't find your suppositions viable as to what happened to Suzanne.
    IMO

7. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

" Recorded against his will" boy does that sound dramatic! Again BM directs the narrative! He knew what TD was doing earlier, he came back, he could have not stopped. He could have declined to speak. BM sought out TD in an attempt to direct the narrative. From that reporters statement you'de think TD held BM down and tortured him! This reporter is just another jester in BM game. I hope someone explains this to her if she's oblivious. moo

windrower, Rolo, LorLa and 25 others like this.
  8. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Exactly

9. Pyrite

Pyrite Well-Known Member

I like your theory, except in their 30? Year relationship, the only rumor of DV was AM saying something like there might have been domestic violence in regards to the disappearance.

But if you add in the younger lady might have introduced BM to her drug of choice, be it meth or crack or ?, then I could see it.

I have an Uncle who had a wonderful wife and family. He was a successful business man with 4 dollar stores (a great business in any kind of economy) and a used car lot for classic cars.

He started messing with a woman who had a Meth habit and got him to use it with her. He lost everything within a couple of years, including his wife. Of his 3 kids 2 still have nothing to do with him even though he has been clean for a decade or so.

Add drugs of some sort to the theory and then his personality could make a complete change and go from no physical domestic violence to full out physical violence. To me that would make more sense.

MOO

windrower, Rolo, MerBeach and 25 others like this.
  10. Murphy1950

Murphy1950 yada yada yada.

Suzanne was so happy on the day of her last treatment. She was still coming in for maintenance treatments, but the chemo was done and she was doing great. She was supposed to come in for her maintenance the Monday after Mother’s day, but of course, did not show up. She was a bright light in this world. I really miss Suzanne and pray that justice is served.
    “You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado

windrower, Rolo, AnnaGrace and 35 others like this.
  11. Chocoholic

Chocoholic Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed your call

I feel ya, I’m always pages behind!

12. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

As we learned with the Laci Peterson case, and some others along the way, sometimes the first time (violence) is the last time and the result is murder. There are many levels to DV, and not all of them have to do with violence. There's controlling behaviors, emotional put-downs, gaslighting, exclusive control of finances, creating estrangement between family members, passive/aggressive behaviors (those are pervasive). Sometimes when a situation actually escalates to physical violence, it's a one and done, just like Laci Peterson.

IMO

13. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

It is in the media thread somewhere, but it was her "maintenance chemo" (I believe her first maintenance dose) that she missed on Monday.

We know she had gotten chemo last year because a Salida woman spoke (to LS, I believe) about knowing her from the treatment center.

I do not remember the source of this information about that chemo appointment, though. There have been way too many tiny details and changing timelines for me to be certain about anything any more.

I think the reporter is confused about the "recentness" of the return (it was 2018 from everything else we've read). I think the report about the missed chemo may be on crimeonline (Is that the right name? Didn't LS write an early piece for them?)

Rolo, TxGidget, Brubon and 17 others like this.
  14. 10ofRods

Thank you!

windrower, Brubon, Tate123 and 12 others like this.
  15. 303gmf

303gmf Well-Known Member

Her response to my email asking for clarification on a fact was so snarky and unprofessional I thought maybe BM responded instead!

windrower, Rolo, AnnaGrace and 27 others like this.
  16. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

It looks like the middle and bottom notes were cut/pieces of 2 different notes.

17. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

July 22 LS reported that a fellow cancer survivor said SM had an appointment on the Monday after Mother’s Day.
    “You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado
    Suzanne was so happy on the day of her last treatment. She was still coming in for maintenance treatments, but the chemo was done and she was doing great. She was supposed to come in for her maintenance the Monday after Mother’s day, but of course, did not show up. She was a bright light in this world. I really miss Suzanne and pray that justice is served.

Crime Online May 22

Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]
    A February post from a social media account believed to belong to Barry Morphew said that his wife had “beat cancer twice.” The Indiana-based source said that Suzanne’s cancer had returned around the time the family was preparing to move to Colorado in 2018, and that she “was not doing well” at that time. CrimeOnline cannot independently verify claims about Suzanne Morphew’s medical history.

windrower, Rolo, AnnaGrace and 21 others like this.
  18. MassGuy

MassGuy On Time Out

Absolutely. I actually think it’s probable that he’d never put his hands on Suzanne before. But I have no doubt that he has one hell of a temper.

He ran the show, and he always got his way.

Probably until Suzanne put her foot down, and the rest is history.

windrower, Rolo, NoSI and 51 others like this.
  19. 10ofRods

Actually, in the US, you can sue anyone for anything under tort law. Lots of cases get settled out of court, after a bit of discovery, but finding a legal nail (or thumbtack) to hang the case on isn't that hard.

That's because the facts in the case have to be discovered and shown to the judge - and that can take years. Civil suits can drag on and on - until one side settles (or their insurance does). In this case, as in the OJ case, it would mean BM would be deposed under oath.

However, I am pretty sure in CO that the daughters would have to bring it...

ETA: By "sue" I mean fill out the paperwork and pay the court fee, have it served.

And some lawsuits are pret' darned loco.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    Rolo, Tate123, Fireflize and 11 others like this.
  20. marylamby

marylamby Well-Known Member

The only financials I found in Suzanne's named foundation was end of year totals which were none or practically none.
    That doesn't mean that much money went in and out during those years.
    I could be completely wrong about this if there's a more detailed fiduciary audit but I'd love to see a more inclusive account of funds.
    I'm sorry if this wasn't along your line of thinking upon rereading your comment.
    I agree with you!

j_in_c, Tate123, Fireflize and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.