CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #45

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I was under the impression they locked down the house soon after discovering the bike. Allegedly BM made it there late, at 9 or 9:30. I believe this is the home of his friend where he was staying.

2. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I can imagine why Barry was upset when he found out that MG had given her phone to LE. I assume it contained the true timeline of things related, before, during, and after the weekend in question. LE would know the details of when Barry asked MG to assemble the crew, when he texted her on Sunday, what he said about the job, Suzanne, the tools, the hotel, all of it. And I assume they asked Barry questions about the timing of each and every one of those things. It’s hard to keep all of that straight if one is not being truthful. Sure, you might mess up a detail or two when remembering, but too many errors equals boxing into timeline lies.

nyvictoria, windrower, Rolo and 34 others like this.
  3. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

@DizzyB I boldened one sentence. And Amen to that!!! This is all the more reason in that interview MG said she was now scared of BM.

She did turn over her phone.

I do feel there are things she's holding back. And this is the reason she won't take a poly.

Rolo, OldCop, NWLady and 25 others like this.
  4. Hatch

Hatch Well-Known Member

I definitely believe there are people still looking, hopefully some LE but most probable people that were invested in the search . Once involved IMO they will never quit looking , especially locals outdoorsman.

windrower, Rolo, OldCop and 18 others like this.
  5. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

They are actually two separate scenarios-
    Original plan, family annihilation, home invasion, would definitely require more than one perp.... robbery as apparent motive.
    Surveilling from RV park, was the random predator opportunistic type. I was actually stating, that I had pretty much crossed this one off, as LE had likely investigated this. So I’m focusing on family home. All my clarification on my speculation, IMO

6. Hatch

Hatch Well-Known Member

Do we know for sure MG has not taken a poly? I must have missed that.

Rolo, Chocoholic, TxGidget and 12 others like this.
  7. Hatch

Hatch Well-Known Member

He sure looks like he has been on a 10 day bender, he looks angry.

windrower, OldCop, NWLady and 22 others like this.
  8. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

As of her interview with Fox a few weeks back, she said she refused one.

(Or maybe it was with Lauren. My brain is running out of memory space for this case.)

9. Hatch

Hatch Well-Known Member

Ok thx
    Adding: seems to me somebody is advising behind the scenes ! They were all told do not take a poly. IMO

Rolo, crhedBngr, Subiechik21 and 9 others like this.
  10. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

Dear @oviedo,

Thank you for all of your detailed and substantial work in this thread. Greatly appreciated!

NoSI, windrower, Rolo and 33 others like this.
  11. Jo in Calif

Jo in Calif Well-Known Member

Question, if BM turned his phone over to LE why would he care if MG turned her phone over to them?

12. MadTing

MadTing Well-Known Member

he may have had a burner phone and handed over a phone with nothing incriminating on it.

Stripehaven, windrower, Rolo and 32 others like this.
  13. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

Valid question.

IMO, innocent BM doesn't care that she turned her phone over to LE, because he did the same and what was reported by MG is not true. Now, perhaps unrelated to SM's disappearance, maybe BM would care if there were texts between the two of them that would show him in a bad light, including unrelated illegal activity.

Or - guilty BM thinks he deleted info from his phone that would incriminate him. Maybe he doesn't know that in many cases, it's never really deleted and LE can recover some data and he was not confident what was on MG phone. IMO

KaJo87, windrower, Rolo and 24 others like this.
  14. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

Great question! Even if directly asked the Seller’s agent cant disclose. I was never taught whether or not we should deny it if asked but outright lying is always a no-no. If it were me, I would remind the Buyer’s agent even if the property was stigmatized that’s not something I could necessarily share.

If a listing agent said that to me you can bet I’d be googling the address. And if I know someone may have been murdered in the house I’d be obligated to tell my buyer. The rules are designed so that each agent acts in the best interest of their client.

I think it’s possible the Buyer’s agent could be found negligent even if they weren’t aware of the stigma. If a complaint was made and the real estate commission and/or court felt the agent should have known they’d be in hot water. An argument could be made that any agent marketing themselves as a “local expert” should have known the history of BM’s house. Not sure it would fly but either way the Buyer’s agent would have some explaining to do.

ETA: All of the above assumes the Buyer is working with an agent. If the Buyer was unrepresented and called the listing agent directly, early in the conversation the listing agent is obligated to explain that their allegiance lies w/the seller and nothing the Buyer tells them will be confidential. There’s even a disclosure form they’re supposed to provide to the buyer. After that, their response to Buyer questions would be the same as if they were talking to a Buyer’s agent.

You might wonder what if the Buyer wants the Seller’s agent to be their agent too. In CO a realtor can work with both Buyer and Seller but Seller would have to agree to change their relationship w/agent from “agent” to “transaction broker”. A transaction broker must be neutral and can’t favor either party. IMO, given the circumstances BM would be a complete moron to let his agent do that.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    NoSI, girlhasnoname, Rolo and 15 others like this.
  15. Feistyomi

IIRC, we also speculated here that this was BMs main theory that HE pushed from the beginning.
    However, AM stated during one of his interviews, that he knew for a fact, LE had seen one near the house. AM is possibly the civilian who initiated the narrative. Further, he said that even when lion attack was ruled out, BM told him he still hoped it was, because otherwise someone could have her, and doing things to her.
    Many of the true stories of women held in captivity, tell of daily rapes, some survive and regain mental stability, others do not. There are also stories of sadistic torture, rapes, victims undergo tremendous torment, before death.
    Continuing to push the mountain lion was probably form of denial for BM.

So, IMO, mountain lion theory remains simply one of the original leads, that didn’t produce any evidence.

neesaki, Chocoholic, TxGidget and 3 others like this.
  16. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

How does that explain the email the church members in IN received stating that SM had been attacked by a lion? That didn't come from Andy.

neesaki, TheRaven, windrower and 20 others like this.
  17. Feistyomi

I don’t think BM was involved in the so called phone discussion or hush money. Personally, I think it’s just as likely that BM “fired”them, when he realized they couldn’t and didn’t handle things. ITA, small inconsistencies can be clarified by evi and paper trails, so it is entirely possible that data confirms BMs timeline.
    You are correct. It’s much easier to remember actual events that happened, than false narratives.
    I made up a ghost story for my Brownies, they loved it. To my dismay one month later, they wanted me to retell it at our camp out. I managed to wing it and they corrected and filled in my blanks, lol, it taught me a valuable lesson?! As all good liars, I had included enough facts that I could wing it.

Rolo, Chocoholic, Subiechik21 and 2 others like this.
  18. Feistyomi

The wording suggests it didn’t come from BM, either. It was a possibility, IIRC, not sure whether this is anything more than hearsay, unless we have the email? I definitely can’t use it as evidence of BMs guilt , MOO

neesaki, TxGidget and al66pine like this.
  19. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

So what would a loving spouse do if they thought a highway abductor grabbed his wife off her bike and took off with her in a vehicle?
    Personally would scour roadsides hundred of miles in all directions looking in trash, ditches dumpsters etc.
    MOO the only things he has done that seem appropriate to me is to lie on the ground, and be looking in trash at Poncha Market.
    Although having no posters ready in his vehicle is bad.

No mountain lion obviously, so by Monday morning he and everyone should be aware it was a human predator.
    MOO opportunistic human predators often throw their kills off roadsides and in trashes. MOO and that's where an honest grieving spouse would be looking.

Rolo, OldCop, TRB and 23 others like this.
  20. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Poor Barry is upset because the account of his whereabouts didn't match up with not only the EVI vehicle info (which BTW doesn't have to be solely from his truck). But also the details MG provided verbally, which were verified through phone records.

His phone would also provide the same details as those of MG's phone. So what was he really upset about? Was there a phone LE didn't know about?

windrower, OldCop, TRB and 27 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.