CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #45

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

You are right. House sealed that night.
    I always thought he was in borrowed clothes.

2. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

Here's a photo from the linked mews article that appears to be dated from 2008, for index finger comparison. IMO
    Suzanne Morphew’s family is 'in the dark' as Mother's Day mystery grows

3. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

So who could have sent the cat email to the congregation? Who had that theory so early on, and also knew their church affiliation, and where/who to send that email to. It had to be an inner circle member, as LE did not send it. Andy didn’t send it.

windrower, Rolo, TRB and 28 others like this.
  4. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

I believe the Range Rovers were parked in the garage, plus maybe additional equipment so perhaps not enough room for other items.

5. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I think Monday morning he was calling an IN guardianship attorney -
    JMO

6. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

Very good explanation, IIRC advice to newer realtors, was to walk away from listing if sellers didn’t want it disclosed.
    We were taught to always have our buyers ask the question, is there any reason?... seller then has to disclose or lie.
    There are several haunted houses in my area. This is story from another realtor... couple was viewing house, when husband became ill, went outside, ( felt like a heart attack)recovered somewhat, the wife then asked realtor if anything happened in house?
    Yes, man killed his terminally ill wife, then himself. My realtor friend is very reliable
    [/QUOTE]

Rolo, Chocoholic, Subiechik21 and 5 others like this.
  7. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

Here’s the disclosure form that explains the difference between an “agent” and “transaction broker”. There’s a third, less common arrangement where the Sellers agent could continue as agent to the Seller and treat the Buyer as a “customer”. The agent continues acting and negotiating in the Sellers best interest, putting the Buyer at a power disadvantage. This is most typically used when a Buyer is purchasing a newly constructed home and the Seller’s agent works for the builder....

upload_2020-10-9_11-1-35.png

In case anyone finds this incredibly fascinating and wants to learn more, here’s a link to all the contract and disclosure forms used in Colorado Real Estate transactions:
    Real Estate Broker Contracts and Forms | Division of Real Estate

NoSI, windrower, Rolo and 17 others like this.
  8. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

MG was proud of having refused to take a lie detector test. The whole segment of her story about the unlikely duo of TN and GD meeting with her to make preposterous comments because she had turned over her phone to LE lacks some credibility for me. How would anyone, including BM, know she had done that, if she didn't tell them? IMO

9. Feistyomi

Thats an excellent question, unless we have an answer, printout, this should be set aside... rumor, gossip, etc.

I really think the whole mountain lion needs to simply be discarded, simply the red herring?

My attempt at explanation, JMVHO.

Chocoholic, Subiechik21 and al66pine like this.
  10. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

SPECULATION:

It is possible that the build-up of two previous experiences of doctors and chemo for weeks on end for each experience plus then a more-recent third experience with doctors and chemo plus who-knows-for-how-long-it-would-extend "maintenance" doctor visits and treatments... that SM's SO was exasperated.

Noting the content of Valentine's Day note SM wrote to her SO in which she described how her SO was always there for her, got her through the experiences, etc... and now we have this most recent, third experience and maybe SM wanted for her SO to attend with her at least this next maintenance doctor visit (the Monday after MD) and maybe at least some of if not all future visits but the SO was 'just too busy' with work and maybe wasn't comfortable in the setting.

After having received such a note from his DW but now having been called out for not wanting or simply not mentally able to continue that on-site support when she really needed it that the SO finally snapped and didn't like that it seemed she no longer appreciated 'all he had done' to accommodate her continued illnesses and needs.

I suspect the SO had a serious breakdown. Panic ensued.

Here we are.

MOO

Rolo, Chocoholic, jakat and 3 others like this.
  11. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

I continue to have the utmost faith in this investigation.

Although it's taken many months so far, I believe that this will be a successful investigation as a result of their steadfast dedication to finding out what happened to Suzanne. This is my own opinion.

My heart goes out to her loved ones who are suffering such a tremendous loss of not having Suzanne in their lives. I know we all feel this way for them.

12. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

One would think a spouse might enlist every friend he could think of to scour the countryside within a large radius.......basically every place that LE didn't look.
    Oh, wait.......could that be the 200 mile radius thing he was babbling about?
    IMO

Rolo, NWLady, Chocoholic and 10 others like this.
  13. pseudo_hum

pseudo_hum Well-Known Member

LOL, for 9.99/month google will back you upto the cloud. It's a modern spin on "head in the clouds" ...

14. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

It's most certainly not rumor or gossip.

"CrimeOnline has viewed a message that was sent to members of the Morphew’s former church in Indiana, requesting prayers following the news of her disappearance. The message notes that Morphew’s bike was found “crashed,” and mentions that a mountain lion had been seen in the area where the bike was discovered. “Barry is just beside himself and so are the rest of us because they can’t find her,” the message, sent on May 11, reads in part."

‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

While we don't know for a fact who sent this message, we do know it exists, we know those at crimeonline.com have seen it, and we know it had the same message BM was pushing at first, about the mountain lion. Logic says, whoever sent it, heard the mountain lion story from BM himself, and they just repeated it.

Blue Ridge, windrower, Rolo and 44 others like this.
  15. Midwestmom2019

Midwestmom2019 Well-Known Member

She probably has retained an attorney. The advise is always don’t take the test. Whether it’s a polygraph, roadside sobriety walk the line or blow into the tube.
    NEVER ADMIT TO ANYTHING. NEVER TAKE THE TEST. Standard advise from a defense lawyer. Many reasons.
    Hopefully this is not a repeat of Jennifer Farber Dulos.

16. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

But the email has been seen - since you all are discussing it:
    ----
    snipped
    CrimeOnline has viewed a message that was sent to members of the Morphew’s former church in Indiana, requesting prayers following the news of her disappearance. The message notes that Morphew’s bike was found “crashed,” and mentions that a mountain lion had been seen in the area where the bike was discovered.

“Barry is just beside himself and so are the rest of us because they can’t find her,” the message, sent on May 11, reads in part.
    ‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

There are only so many people who knew of her disappearance on May 11, the bike crashed and the lion. ....
    our opening post on thread #1 was May 12 - and while I obviously won't name the immediate circle who had access to her former church's email address - I think we can speculate who sent it - I'm going with door number 1 ..
    JMO
    ETA: it may not have been an email - could have been FB messenger or another app.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    windrower, Rolo, OldCop and 31 others like this.
  17. Feistyomi

It’s really a complicated issue, just another reminder why I retired. AAANNND, the procedures can change, so as a listing agent, Disclose, disclose, disclose, buyers agent, ask, research, and ask again... good realtors earn their commissions...IMO
    I suppose there are a few people who haven’t heard of SM, but the recent searches reduced that group, still disclose...

Rolo, Chocoholic, Subiechik21 and 6 others like this.
  18. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

LOL - we were thinking and typing at the same time ...:)

19. Midwestmom2019

Midwestmom2019 Well-Known Member

Get out of Dodge was a great decision on her part. She might be next.

20. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

He may have thought deleting them was enough.

But the scenerio that I prefer is that he had two phones.

And if there is valid reason he was living a double life financially, he would need a second phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.