CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murphy1950

Murphy1950 Well-Known Member

yes unfortunately that "news segment' is no longer available, the portion with the son has since been edited out. I've tried to get it back for months. I'm still not entirely comfortable as to which night, I have absolutely no confidence in the DM (That's just me)
    Fair question, they are hauled. You did a fantastic job on P/E with Tricia last night, you're a natural.

2. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

:p Thanks for the chuckle! I needed one today. :p

3. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

You got me there, must be the Puma of Puma Path

foxbluff, Hatfield, Rolo and 9 others like this.
  4. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

LS interview with the neighbor of the riverfront/beach site jobsite that was searched/ dug up May 21 - May 24.
    AFAIK Lauren is the only one that MB spoke with about that weekend.

5. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

Love it !!!!
    :D :p :)

Welll... since that darned law enforcement is zeroing in on BM, and according to him are (paraphrased by me) "Ruining my life....", and all.
    What's a man to do ?
    Just have to get one's construction work done while hiding under cover of darkness. :rolleyes:
    (Said no heavy equipment operator ever.)

From everything I've read, they rely quite a bit on daylight hours.
    Imo.

6. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

I've essentially thrown out the entire timeline since it just seems to shift around again with each new nugget of info that comes out. You'll get no flying tomatoes from me, since I'm in the same boat with you about the neighbor lady at the river site. For that matter, we don't even know if it was BM at the jobsite. It could have been anyone working the site. It could have been completely unrelated as well.

jmo

7. Hoosierfan72

Hoosierfan72 Well-Known Member

Interesting theory - and that was my original thought, too. I did blow the letters up and try to compare them (but I'm no handwriting expert) and there definitely are some differences between the Valentine's Day card and the "remember' notes. There seem to be plenty of similarities, too. My completely uneducated opinion was they were all written by the same person, but the differences made me question whether they were written at very different times and/or emotional/physical states. But I'm with you - would love for an expert to review and comment on them.

I took the "I remember" parts to be a plea from a wife who knows her husband no longer feels the way he once did about her and is desperately trying to recapture/rekindle the flame that she believed was once part of the relationship. Unfortunately for her, I don't believe she was successful. JMO, MOO.

8. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you think, if you were a criminal (murderer) any evidence you had, you would burn, break up to pieces, so not recognizable. These small pieces, could be disposed in different places, so not recognized to what they originally could be.
    So you would use several dumpsters, throughout your travels, hoping they will be disposed separately, not associated with one another.
    This could explain, missing hours in BM's movement: he was busy, getting rid of 'parts'.

9. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Well, to BM they look the same, and that is why he has the Mountain Lion theory, to explain tracks.:D

10. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

Whenever it happens, where ever it happens, I hope someone tips off the media ahead of time. I think we’d all like to see the cuffs get slapped on.

Hummingbird28, tmar, Rolo and 28 others like this.
  11. lamlawindy

lamlawindy Verified lawyer Indiana

You're probably correct. Probable cause is not a high burden; it's lower than the preponderance standard used in civil cases.

foxbluff, Hatfield, MsBetsy and 6 others like this.
  12. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

Those waiting for an arrest "soon," I really don't think anything will happen before the election, especially since there could be a new DA in Chaffee County. And that said, I'll be surprised if there's an arrest this year or even the first few months of 2021. I don't think they (LE/DA) are there quite yet, evidence-wise.

IMO

13. charminglane

charminglane Helcat!

Thinking of gas cans today.
    I wonder if any were unaccounted for, like the coolers.
    Maybe extras were purchased or borrowed.
    Just thinking while I’m working.

14. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

I’m at least a whole thread behind so someone may have mentioned this already. The “I remember...” reads like an exercise that would be recommended by a therapist or marriage counselor. As if Suzanne recognized her marriage was going downhill and was trying to remind him of what they once had.

15. lamlawindy

lamlawindy Verified lawyer Indiana

I agree with you 100%.

Multiple search warrants, scores of witness interviews, and gigabytes of electronic data (assuming police have cellphone & GPS data) have not yielded probable cause to arrest anybody.

&

If the above had yielded probable cause, Kaitlin Turner would have to be confident of winning (doubtful), resigned to losing (possibly) or politically ignorant (unlikely) to not push for an arrest to occur: she's fighting for her political life & the earned media from even a part of such a prosecution would've helped her out.

16. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

I have thrown out the whole timeline as well. Some of these statements would be likely be not reliable in a trial.

17. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

No chance that the Puma Path Puma has moved to Deer Creek Canyon Park, although the name does seem to imply that it has nearly everything that a mountain lion is looking for. IMO

18. Lilypad13

Lilypad13 Well-Known Member

That video going viral is not going to help BM sell the house...who wants to live on Puma Path after seeing that?! No thanks!

19. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

I have heard that some people who live in houses worth more than a million dollars have full time personal bodyguards.
    "Puma of Puma Path.........meet the big guy in the black suit and turtleneck!"
    IMO

20. NoSI

NoSI Verified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/RXN

Here is my neighborhood lion... Not seen much, but around intermittently based on elk/deer carcasses. Never acted aggressive/attacked a human yet... (knock on wood)....

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.