Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
If BM is guilty, I'm not so sure he used his Bobcat to conceal/bury SM. If it plays a part in this investigation, I'm thinking he used it more for an alibi on the fly with his sudden weekend job plans. IMO

I'm kinda stuck on the fact that, at the Morphew home, we saw caution tape tied TO the Bobcat rather than AROUND the Bobcat.

This makes me think that there was not any suspicion of that Bobcat, with whatever attachment was on it at the time the caution tape was strung, having been used in a crime.

However, that doesn't mean that a different Bobcat, such as the one visible in the overhead video of the Salida construction site search, wasn't used. Nor that an already-removed attachment from the home Bobcat wasn't used.

I have heard that some people who live in houses worth more than a million dollars have full time personal bodyguards.
"Puma of Puma Path.........meet the big guy in the black suit and turtleneck!"
IMO
Yes, I've read that as well.

Certainly they'd have a fully working security system , and would never think of disabling it, or allowing it to be temporarily not working (non-functioning ?) !
Imo

Those waiting for an arrest "soon," I really don't think anything will happen before the election, especially since there could be a new DA in Chaffee County. And that said, I'll be surprised if there's an arrest this year or even the first few months of 2021. I don't think they (LE/DA) are there quite yet, evidence-wise.

IMO
I agree with you 100%.

Multiple search warrants, scores of witness interviews, and gigabytes of electronic data (assuming police have cellphone & GPS data) have not yielded probable cause to arrest anybody.

&

If the above had yielded probable cause, Kaitlin Turner would have to be confident of winning (doubtful), resigned to losing (possibly) or politically ignorant (unlikely) to not push for an arrest to occur: she's fighting for her political life & the earned media from even a part of such a prosecution would've helped her out.

I hear what you both are saying, but I don't believe the lack of an arrest at this point means they don't have enough evidence for probable cause. While Ms. Turner would almost certainly benefit politically from an arrest - there still is time before the election for that to happen - and what better boost to an election than an arrest the Friday before? However, it's also been pointed out that Sheriff John hasn't publicly endorsed her (the only one of the four sheriffs in her jurisdiction to NOT do so), so it's possible that has an impact on the timing as well.

It also could be as simple as they are waiting for hunting season, hoping that they get lucky re: finding SM's remains. JMO, I'm personally of the mindset that they have a lot of evidence (based on the fact we're aware of only a little bit of what they have, and that alone, IMO, is extremely compelling), and are simply taking their time to make sure they get it right. MOO.

Here kitty kitty kitty...
My 9 lb cat would be like, "I'm fierce, I can take that lion!"
oh wait....

Beautiful creatures, but no desire to get up close and personal to one who's not fully sedated as is done for dental or medical procedures or well-contained.

I hear what you both are saying, but I don't believe the lack of an arrest at this point means they don't have enough evidence for probable cause.

Probable cause is a much lower standard of proof than BARD required at trial. Once a perp is arrested the clock starts ticking. They can insist on a speedy trial and they are entitled to discovery and all the evidence the state has gathered.

If a DA is not ready to proceed to grand jury or doesn't think they have enough to win a conviction BARD (beyond a reasonable doubt) to a jury of 12, they are better off waiting since they only get one bite of the prosecuting apple (unless there's a hung jury, which they almost never want).

In this situation there's also an election that could result in a switch at the DA office with a new DA. It is all those reasons why I don't think there will be arrest "soon."

IMO

Beautiful creatures, but no desire to get up close and personal to one who's not fully sedated as is done for dental or medical procedures or well-contained.

Sbm

I feel the same way about the unnamed POI in this case. I'll keep my distance.

I think it's best he be fully contained.

Bring on Felony Friday, any day of the week.

JMO

Last edited:
Fair question, they are hauled. You did a fantastic job on P/E with Tricia last night, you're a natural.

THANK YOU, thats very kind. Im pretty sure I've peaked as a true crime fan and Im very grateful for the invite and that I woke up from my nap in time to look presentable (hey dont judge I dont have any classes on Monday and I was le tired)

Interesting about the hauling.... I dont think I recall any mention of neighbors seeing equipment being hauled, so a follow up silly question... would hauling equipment around be the type of thing thats loud enough or involved enough that people would usually notice it? Also I know the family home probably has alot more acreage then the typical contractor, does anyone know if its industry norm to store equipment at home? I assume there could have been a project at the house, Im just curious where this type of stuff normally gets kept

Patience is difficult but required in true crime cases. Does CO's grand jury meet on Fridays? Why the reference to "Felony Friday"?

IMO
It just has to do with the tendency for big arrests being made on Fridays (Patrick Frazee being one).

None of the major Colorado cases I have followed have involved a grand jury. It’s been the DA all the way.

Oh, and I thought one of the hazards was going to be a lot of BM all over the place. Who wants to deal with that!?!?!
Hahhaahaha
LMAO
I am glad someone checked though as I was going to do it also and I did not even think of a landslide --so good to know.
Suzanne--where are you???
I just feel so bad for her daughters and for Andy and the family.

Interesting isn’t it. People get hung up on Barry’s hand in the trash can but not having POAs for each other given their businesses and illness is a bigger red flag for me than 90 percent of the other alleged red flags that people have brought up.
Regardless, Suzanne is still missing, so whether she had a POA or not, in my opinion, doesn't really matter does it? Because even if she did have a POA, I think she'd still be missing? JMO

Per tonight's Choir Practice:

Gene is doing better. Had a relapse (the one Andy mentioned before, I think.) Andy is laying low.

"Some folks" (from out of state) made it up to Indiana recently, and hung out in a pizza joint (there are photos going around). Said person bought some oats/corn at the farm supply (for hunting, possibly), and a new white Ford truck. It is NOT Andy they are referring to.

Chris said, "Ya know, we might see something shakin' in a few weeks here."

Code 33 reference = emergency traffic only. Don't ever let the suspect get ahead of you in a tactical situation. You constantly watch your back, so you don't get thrown off. If you want to throw off the suspect, you constantly watch, and never give your location away. When cops pull you over, they are always worried about the hands. Hands take people's lives. There are 10 deadly sins in LE, and one of them is not watching the hands. The person who says Code 33 is the one with the radio. Switch channels if necessary, to keep the upper hand. (Good ole Cryptic Chris. LOL).

(Off topic: PE guys are beginning work on the Delphi case (btw, state police have asked them to pull back for a bit, but they will move forward soon)!! Thursday, Rebecca Zahau case will be discussed, and tomorrow they are on Court TV).

Starts at 1:35: 30.

Thank you very much for the update! It is greatly appreciated!

Regardless, Suzanne is still missing, so whether she had a POA or not, in my opinion, doesn't really matter does it? Because even if she did have a POA, I think she'd still be missing? JMO
Well in our POAs we account for the principal to be missing now - and their attorney-in-fact assumes all the powers granted in the particular POA but that’s my state
JMO

Just living his best life, blowing all the cash ...

See @MassGuy, Chris is on the same timetable ... countdown starts now :)
Hey Barry, if you are reading here, you might want to put some $$$ away for commissary items because I'm thinking (and hoping lol) that it won't be long and you are going to need it!JMO

Hey Barry, if you are reading here, you might want to put some $$$ away for commissary items because I'm thinking (and hoping lol) that it won't be long and you are going to need it!JMO
Lol !
Loving it.

Would also love to be a fly on the wall for an 'interview' that may be not too far off :
LE : So why don't YOU tell us what happened ?

BM: She was kidnapped by a mountain lion on a bike ride .

LE Say what ? The mountain lion was riding a bike ? No ?
Because that's what it sounds like you're saying, Barry.

BM: No ! Let me tell you what happened. A mountain lion attacked and killed her right there while she was by that river riding her bike.

LE: We found no evidence of a big cat attack.

BM: A random stranger, that was it.

LE: A random abductor took her off her bike by the river ?

BM: No, he grabbed her from our house after I left her sleeping at 5am.

LE: But there's no evidence of a kidnapper. And you were on the road in your truck texting your employee at 4am.
Not to mention all of the other digital evidence we have, that makes none of your stories the least bit accurate, Barry.

BM: I want my lawyer because you're confusing me. And you left out the part where I said she went off the road on her bike and somehow got herself into the river.
And my employees and all of the rest of you are meth heads.

Probably not at all the way a possible interview will be held ;); but let's just say I do not envy LE in this case -- and having to deal with BM's ludicrous and cockamamie fabrications -- in the slightest !
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member