CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Dr. Phil has shown an interest in true crime as well.

I think maybe they are like a lot of us who find it intriguing to try to determine what actually happened. With them bringing their individual expertise like Medical (Dr. Oz) or Psychological (Dr. Phil) which could roll over into giving some helpful insights to a case. Similar to how each of us here bring our own experiences and skills to our case discussions.

al66pine, AnnaGrace, jakat and 19 others like this.

2. bbm
    :p

3. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

So, 2020 records could show, new truck, new land, defense attorney. What would the courts do about that hypothetical? Moo

al66pine, Ssschu, jakat and 20 others like this.
  4. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

I get it. I just find humor in things that many people would not find funny. Our supper table talk would probably shock many. haha It's just the last time I saw a snippet of Dr. Oz's show, he was talking about the proper way to pop a pimple. True Crime has taken off, especially with the popularity of podcasts now (I love them). I've mentioned before, I enjoy the perspective of all, especially if it goes against the popular opinions of most. I enjoy open discussions. IMO

5. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science" Liet Kynes

Great post, all of it !
    1,000 "Likes" !
    Well said !!!!!!!

al66pine, jakat, Moonchime and 15 others like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

I understand. You are right that the whole true crime genre in the last 10 or more years really has gotten popular on tv and movies.

Maybe the network executives even pushed some of that sort of subject matter onto the shows.

al66pine, Kittybunny, jakat and 14 others like this.
  7. OldCop

OldCop Well-Known Member

Whoa! :eek:
    Wonder where they store that chipper?
    ETA Regarding the recent talk about coolers, Richard Crafts, the famous wood chipper killer, dismembered his wife and stored her on ice until he used the wood chipper on her.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  8. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Exactly !

JMO

9. ivegotthemic

ivegotthemic Well-Known Member

Well it depends, if hes paid for everything out of his own personal bank account or shared funds, nothing. If hes using SMs account to finance his new bachelor lifestyle then at a minimum he would likely to removed and hes also liable to SM's estate for any funds spent inappropriately

al66pine, AnnaGrace, jakat and 12 others like this.
  10. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

al66pine likes this.
  11. Tate123

Tate123 Well-Known Member

I just can't imagine anyone being able to do such a thing with someone they once loved, the mother of their children. That level of depravity is so next level. I do think a certain someone is responsible but I struggle to imagine the elk wrapping or wood chipper scenario. I think we will read blunt trauma to the head and buried a few miles from home. JMO

al66pine, AnnaGrace, kkdj and 29 others like this.
  12. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Fortunately LE is gathering and has gathered evidence against BM, whether we or anyone else knows about it. The fewer people outside of LE know, the better, as it helps maintain the integrity of a criminal case.

IMO

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2020
    al66pine, kkdj, Chocoholic and 17 others like this.
  13. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

So if the proceeds of the sale of the home in Indiana went into a joint bank account, he can spend them with abandon right?

14. ivegotthemic

As they both held title to the property SM is entitled to half of the proceeds of the sale. IMO the court would expect BM to deposit half those proceeds in an account for her. Otherwise that a pretty decent amount to just disappear from SMs total assets

15. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Moira Rose's Wigs

So would that be a SEPARATE account for SM? Bearing only her name? Sort of like an escrow?

16. ivegotthemic

Well it would sort of depend on how their family financials are set up now. If they have joint accounts for everything then thats sufficient, but if they've always kept funds separately it would that would be an account in her own name.

al66pine, kkdj, Moonchime and 9 others like this.
  17. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

it would be good to see the orders in the guardianship to see if there were any restrictions on the closing proceeds - my guess? nope, and all the money is accessible to him freely with none set aside for SM.
    JMO

18. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

I totally understand how it’s hard to imagine how anyone could do that to “the love of their life” but, believe me, there are other Chris Watt’s out there. The depravity of some individuals is always surprising, too many to name that are fairly recent come to mind. MOO

I think we’ll be surprised when the arrest affidavit is eventually released...
    MOO.

19. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Moira Rose's Wigs

Well, that's all very interesting, isn't it?

20. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

They owned the property as H & W and if they put the proceeds into an account with both of their names on it that would seem to give him carte blanche.

Would/could the judge who awarded BM guardianship provide for SM's share of the proceeds to be held in a trust account? There was nothing on record that they were separating or divorcing. IDK, troubling.

MOO

al66pine, AnnaGrace, kkdj and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.