CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orso49

Orso49 Well-Known Member

I believe if the Morphew home at PP had a mitigation system in place it would be stated so that the environmental hazard would be addressed. But, I would certainly hope that BM did have something installed to address the radon issue. I am trying to find where I read that SM substituted in CO. I'll keep looking.

2. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

SM did not hold a Colorado teaching certificate. She couldn't have substituted without it. IMO
    CDE eLicensing System

3. Orgona

Orgona Well-Known Member

I agree that women who are more isolated from the outside world and fully dependent on their men, can easier become a victim of DV. They are easier to manipulate as they have fewer reference points to what a normal relationship should look like.
    Although there are plenty working women who are victims of domestic violence. DV sufferers are not just one type of women. Unfortunately even highly educated women who are working in good positions can become DV victims.

al66pine, Lyanna, Tate123 and 17 others like this.
  4. Orso49

Orso49 Well-Known Member

I believe if the Morphew home at PP had a mitigation system in place it would be stated so that the environmental hazard would be addressed. But, I would certainly hope that BM did have something installed to address the radon issue. I am trying to find where I read that SM substituted in CO. I'll keep looking.

5. 155etta

155etta Well, well, well.....

Chad Daybell wanted to sell his property......

6. ivegotthemic

ivegotthemic Well-Known Member

to piggyback about one of the things you said before this post, I also noticed how he tends to overshare when it come to details unrelated to the disappearance or rambles when he talks, which can also be a sign of deception. The listener may believe what their being told, but the liar knows their story is bs so they keep adding more details because they think itll make their story more believable. obviously, some people are just naturally chatty, for some reason i get the feeling that wasn't the case for BM.

but anyway, it could be that SM was collecting that mailbox money (aka had a trust fund). She got a pretty substantial inheritance when her mother passed ($500,000k) and thats some serious money. Obviously, we have no way to know for sure but I dont think it would be a big leap to say a trust may have existed. SM also started her own foundation/charity for cancer survivors and IMO that's definitely something people usually only do when they have means (and by no means im i trying to imply anything negative by saying that. committing your time and energy to charity work is very kind and selfless. if i had a trust fund I know id just open a small legal office and devote my time to working on wrongful conviction cases, and cases where people were charged but should be, aahh the dream

al66pine, Rolo, Tate123 and 14 others like this.
  7. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

IMO, Chad Daybell thought he could predict the end of days. He doesn’t even rate for me.

8. 155etta

155etta Well, well, well.....

This is true.

9. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

This widely read article by LS clearly states:

"Suzanne also served, enthusiastically, at Grace Church in Salida, volunteering and providing lunches for students at Young-Life. "

I've included a link to Young Life's website, for those who aren't familiar with the organization.

https://www.fox21news.com/top-stori...riends-describe-missing-chaffee-county-woman/

About Young Life

10. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

Back in the 90's my girls went to a private church school. They were not required to have teaching certificates. Florida moo
    Clarifying: Subs

11. Orgona

Orgona Well-Known Member

Well, I would say there was a slight miscommunication in his visions. He understood the end of days were coming. He just haven't heard all of the message, which was that the end of “his free” days were coming. Oh, just what a difference 2 little worlds can make. JK

12. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

In theory, Colorado does not require teachers in private schools to be certified, but there is a huge "catch" to the waiver:

"Teachers conducting evaluations for educational progress must be qualified as defined by the state. A qualified teacher is one who is licensed pursuant to article 60.5 of this title. The teacher is 1) employed by a nonpublic school; 2) a licensed psychologist; or 3) a person with a graduate degree in education. C.R.S. 22-33-104.5(2)(c)."

Colorado State Regulations -- Office of Non-Public Education (ONPE)

al66pine, Orgona, Chocoholic and 8 others like this.
  13. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

14. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Well-Known Member

BBM
    In one of the Dr. Phil interview videos with Andy, "the girls were on a camping trip with the church". It is mentioned around 3:35 in the following video
    https://www.drphil.com/videos/husba...damantly-denies-involvement-in-disappearance/

I have heard it was in Idaho too, but I'm not sure from where, as Idaho was not mentioned in this interview.

15. k-mac

k-mac Well-Known Member

bbm
    sorry but I find this sentence really offensive.
    Can you explain what a normal relationship looks like please?o_O

I am completely reliant on my spouse financially and am at No RISK of DV.
    No more than a friend whom works 40 hours a week and/or earns more than her spouse.

Often the little woman whom is isolated from the outside world actually runs the money. Because she has the time. Most busy working spouses are totally on board with the stay at home partner paying bills and money sorting etc

IMO SM ran his books and kept him a well oiled successful contractor.

We can see by his actions immediately after SM disappearance how sketchy and unprofessional he was with his staff and a dilemma execution.
    On top of the no spousal POA is very telling about who pulled what strings and when.

All relationship dynamics are different. Just because she chooses to stay home by no means makes her relationship 'unnormal'.

in my opinion

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    al66pine, Deanna426, Lyanna and 21 others like this.
  16. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

12 hours driving time from the nearest Idaho border.
    4 am departure =
    4pm arrival with NO stopping. Not really reasonable.
    MOO they knew they would not be back MD by the prior evening of 5/9.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  17. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Idaho is mentioned in this article

al66pine, foxbluff, Orgona and 11 others like this.
  18. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

DBM double post

19. Hoosierfan72

Hoosierfan72 Well-Known Member

Thank you. I thought I remembered it being reported as a church trip - but given the different versions, I suppose this is still an open question. I'm not sure it's relevant unless there is evidence that BM planned the trip, which might help point to premeditation. MOO, JMO.

20. justtrish

justtrish Well-Known Member

Absolutely! I stay home and am 100% financially dependent on my husband as well. I handle all bill paying. He does not know who gets paid what or when. I know everything that needs to happen in this house and when. He doesn't even ask what I spend money on. The friends I have also seems to lean toward the woman paying the bills and often the man is the working person. I think for many it is like you said, the person that is home does have time during the day to take care of some tasks that would free up the working person to have down time when they are off work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.