CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

You are so right! I was raised around the legal arena and worked in it for a bit. It's amazing how the laws can be bent.

2. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

I agree @MrsWatson and I think at that point in time, Barry was "beside himself" trying to put together his alibi and he was trying to sort out in his head how MG could be of help to him, without divulging what had transpired with Suzanne.

I think she knows a whole lot about Barry too.

MOO

3. Hoosierfan72

Hoosierfan72 Well-Known Member

This is in line with my original thinking that he went there (whether to pick her up, borrow her car, ask her for help, etc.) and changed his mind.... but I still am puzzled by the lie if that's true - especially if it's also true he was texting workers from the road before 5 am. This is clearly something that could/would be easily discovered, so why lie about it - wouldn't it have been much better to tell the truth about the time and lie about the reason (I went to MGs house to get some tools, and then realized once I got there that she didn't have them after all.... etc.)? The lie makes more sense if he returned to Puma Path after this and retrieved his phone and actually left there at 5 am - but it doesn't seem that is the case. I just think it's odd. JMO

4. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

You're definitely right about the outcome. I was thinking about him planning on the girls going camping during covid shutdown and coming home, but of course he most likely knew there was not going to be any danger of SM contracting Covid from her daughters because he knew she wasn't going to be seeing them.....

5. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

You're definitely right about the outcome. I was thinking about him planning on the girls going camping during covid shutdown and coming home, but of course he most likely knew there was not going to be any danger of SM contracting Covid from her daughters because he knew she wasn't going to be seeing them.....

6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

It may not have even been BM's truck that she heard that morning. He said he went to the jobsite to prep it for his workers and they didn't arrive until later. I thought JP said he got to the hotel at 6:00 pm and BM was already gone. Then more recently MG said they left at 11:00? I don't know which is true.

If BM had used another vehicle, I would think it would have been Suzanne's old jeep that one of the daughters used, especially if it didn't have GPS. Not necessarily when he went to Broomfield that morning, but maybe before that. I wonder if LE checked the other cars, or just the GPS on his truck.

7. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

And I thought it was a vehicle in a strange location? It's like that game of telephone. :) moo

8. Chocoholic

Chocoholic Well-Known Member

I would love to know the answer to that piece of the puzzle! As I’m sure we all do. That would firm up the timeline a bit. I think whatever happened was directly after the communication with her friend. IMO

9. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

Previously answered. Just catching up.

al66pine, Moonchime, MsBetsy and 4 others like this.
  10. Hair of the Dog

I honestly don't think that Barry is tech savvy enough to realize the full extent of the data his truck was collecting about him and his travels at any time and he clearly does not follow true crime.

MOO

11. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Or maybe he'd already "borrowed" her car and was nearly caught returning it.

Just how much mileage did he accrue that weekend anyway?

JMO

12. Hair of the Dog

But Suzanne didn't know that she wouldn't be there when they got back:(

13. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

Bbm.
    Ita.
    Great post, btw.
    "Barry is beside himself..." takes on an entirely new meaning !
    Imo.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    al66pine, 303gmf, MerBeach and 9 others like this.
  14. Tate123

Tate123 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. We have seen plenty of emotion from BM. Predominantly anger.
    He threatened TD.
    He angrily spoke of JP.
    He lashed out at MG.
    He was accusatory of Sheriff Spezze and LE.
    He responded in anger to AM.
    BM is not home in a pair of slippers doing the thorazine shuffle. He is at the gym, selling real estate and taking control of Suzannes finances.

15. rainbowshummingbird

rainbowshummingbird Well-Known Member

Certainly, there are many possibilities if the person outside of MG’s home was in fact Barry. He could have come to borrow or to return MG’s car, maybe he talked to her that night and MG isn’t being transparent about what happened, perhaps he was trying to create his alibi and needed her help to arrange work stuff, maybe she was actively helping him to dispose of evidence, or she may have unwittingly helped Barry in some way without being aware of her participation.

I try to place myself in MG’s situation as being an employee of Barry. If I had a boss or a coworker whose wife disappeared, it would never occur to me to say, “I’m not the other woman.” It would not cross my mind to make this statement.

Like everything else about this case, it is hard to know what happened and when.

16. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

I'm not convinced the vehicle MG heard was BM's truck. She may have thought it was, but it's certainly possible it wasn't him at all, outside her apartment. One of my family member's vehicles is quite distinct sounding, but there is another car on my street that sounds exactly like it. So much so, that many family members have mistakenly thought our family member was home, when they hear that car. It's possible this is as simple as that.

jmo

17. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

Manic?

al66pine and MsBetsy like this.
  18. Hoss569

Hoss569 Well-Known Member

Well the hanky panky side of me (BM pulling a tiger woods) thinks he might of been leaving there at 4am (pretty tough to tell the different sounds of vehicles, especially at 4am). And then he did see SM at 5am ...

19. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

If I were in MG's shoes, and woke up one day seeing my name & personal info splashed all over social media, YT and God knows where all else, accusing me of being "the other woman", then "I'm NOT the other woman" would most likely be one of the first things I'd have to say.

But that's just me.

20. Hoosierfan72

Hoosierfan72 Well-Known Member

She definitely could be mistaken about the sound of the truck. If, however, the reports that BM was texting his co-workers "from the road" before 5 am is true - then that's still a puzzling lie. Maybe I'm simply giving a guy who seems to spew lies all the time ("I've been cleared", "nobody asked me to take a polygraph", "400 tours", "200 square mile radius", "I loved my wife", etc., etc.) too much credit. MOO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.