CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minordetails

Minordetails Well-Known Member

Women go missing every day.
    Why the fascination with this case?
    In my opinion, BM’s bizarre behavior is a bigger factor, than Suzanne herself, in explaining why people such as myself are intrigued with this case.

BM’s odd behaviour, along with some other weird happenings have kept me glued.

By weird happenings I’m referring to...

1) TN going silent
    2) the TD secret or not so secret recording of BM
    3) the baby blue helmet note
    4) the organized search 5 months after the fact
    5) And the mysterious disappearance of LS

All crazy stuff.

IMO

KaJo87, misgrn, CalmSeas and 46 others like this.

2. NoSI

NoSI Well-Known Member

Yup! Very nicely done @GordianKnot! I also cannot believe how little credit @MassGuy/TampaGuy is giving BM. BM has gone above and beyond and stepped up to the plate when he could have said "It's too soon"... He also enthusiastically has volunteered to "show" us all "what happened", which must have been emotionally devastating for him. In addition to all of this he still consistently changes his socks every day... :rolleyes:

3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Thank you for remembering... so many women gone
    JMO

4. Pyrite

Pyrite Well-Known Member

Or if he didn’t do it (and he is the one person who knows for sure), he could have been worried the real perpetrator was planting evidence to frame him. Once the cameras were up, he wasn’t as worried about that and let the searchers in,

5. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

Look no further than one Bernard Madoff for super smart yet ended up with life in prison, both sons dead, family ruined, so many lives ruined. Someone can be "smart" yet dumb as a box 'o rocks all at the same time.

IMO

misgrn, kshultz06082, Hilly and 37 others like this.
  6. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Barry's behavior is not as uncommon as you think. Take a read at the link. Circumstantial differences, but same net effect- Tex McIver: Did his grief expose his guilt?

You're thinking rationally, murder doesn't occur under rational or level headed circumstances and neither does the cover-up.

7. NoSI

NoSI Well-Known Member

But what was he defending his property from? Searchers that were looking for his missing wife? That should not be seen as a threat except if he has something to hide. MOO.

8. Pyrite

Pyrite Well-Known Member

No? We must know different successful business men and women. The successful Business people I know, in legal or illegal businesses, are all pretty bright. Owning a 1.5 million dollar home in a single earner family points at success, even if one partner gets a 500k inheritance and you use that.

9. rainbowshummingbird

rainbowshummingbird Well-Known Member

Jeffrey Epstein was supposed to be a pretty smart guy, minus the sex trafficking and rape of girls.

10. Minordetails

Minordetails Well-Known Member

If SM is ever to have her legacy passed on, and her story told, which in my opinion she deserves, it will be primarily up to her daughters to make it happen, some day.

JMO

11. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Well, then maybe her church has nothing against using marijuana. So what's the problem?

12. Janeumayer

Janeumayer Well-Known Member

IMO, I think SM may have been interested in CBD oil to treat her cancer and Andy misinterpreted the information.

13. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

I agree it can’t be pleasant to be accused but why isn’t he begging for people to call in tips? Helping with the public search? Pleading for his wife’s safe return?

14. MassGuy

MassGuy On Time Out

Intelligent people still make horrible killers.

There’s no shortage of literal geniuses, who have committed really dumb murders.

Being smart in one area, doesn’t mean you know how to feign being innocent. It certainly doesn’t mean you know how real crimes look, and how you appear to others.

Being smart doesn’t mean you are self aware.

misgrn, Hilly, ar3593 and 38 others like this.
  15. lamlawindy

lamlawindy Verified lawyer Indiana

Again, Barry had no legal duty to retreat to his home or away from it.

16. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

Not only not beat cancer but suffer while she was not beating it.

My mother passed away from pancreatic cancer. She couldn’t eat and her Dr prescribed Marinol. He called us a few days after she started it and asked if it was helping. It wasn’t. He suggested she try smoking marijuana. My mom was absolutely adamantly anti-drug and she considered weed a drug but she tried it anyway because she was wasting away. It did help her nausea and gave her an appetite. It greatly eased her suffering. A husband who would deny his wife anything that might help her get through a day, a week, a month is a pretty crappy husband.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  17. MassGuy

MassGuy On Time Out

I don’t think a single person has argued that Barry committed a crime, and wasn’t perfectly within his rights.

The argument is that it was a really stupid thing to do, albeit incredibly predictable.

It’s a horrible look, and shows exactly where his head is at: Protecting what is his.

Hundreds of people taking part in a search that he himself should have organized, yet he couldn’t be assed to even participate.

I think “thank you” would have been more appropriate than “get off my lawn.”

That’s just me though.

18. lamlawindy

No idea. I'd like to think that if I was in his position, then I certainly would do so. However, his behavior alone doesn't "prove" that he did anything when -- at the same time -- multiple agencies have not even found probable cause to believe that Barry did anything to Suzanne.

19. GordianKnot

GordianKnot On Time Out

Two words:

Smoke. Mirrors.

It's all an illusion.

If BM is a "successful business man," I'll eat MassGuy's tube socks.

Slathered in Jif peanut butter.

JMO.

misgrn, kshultz06082, ar3593 and 53 others like this.
  20. lamlawindy

Maybe it looks bad, maybe not. I think he should not have left it until the day of the search, but the act of protecting one's property is a laudable activity, regardless of how it looks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.