CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ethereal*22

ethereal*22 Well-Known Member

No, assault rifles.

And yes, I feel we are all free to hypothesize about anything, all thoughts about BM and this case here or any case on WS. All comments are worth 2 cents.

Many things about BM appear off. I too would love to know what he’s thinking any day since about April.

Why is he acting the way he is when he knows his every move is being scrutinized and he’s about the only person not looking for SM is being hypothesized here from wood chippers to meth heads to bobcats. It’s mind boggling the way this thread can move and zigzag.

I cannot understand why anyone would go out of their way to seemingly appear to act guilty. Not showing up for searches, meeting searchers with a gun, not being recorded for interviews- has anyone compiled a list of every single action he’s gone out of his way to take to put himself in a negative, suspicious and seemingly guilty of murder light to the public, those involved and if not LE?

2. OldCop

OldCop Well-Known Member

Not yours, for sure! I always wondered about when he said “so we..went to..” and then quickly changed it to “they called my neighbors”. I sometimes believe he was with someone in Broomfield or wherever he was that afternoon.
    He has a habit of doing the pause, uh, er, um, thing when he thinks he slipped up. (Like when he talked about which way the bike was facing.)
    MOO

3. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

I agree he was carrying the gun as threat. I also think he may have had it for protection. I think he’s afraid of someone settling the score for Suzanne. I don’t mean Andy or anyone in particular, just someone bent on revenge. A person who uses violence to solve a problem might expect to be met with violence. I’m sure that, in his mind, he was very threatened by the search even if Suzanne was nowhere near any of the search areas. And in case it’s not clear, I’m not condoning violence as a solution for anyone.

JMO

4. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Posts speculating on any political motives by the DA have been removed.

Discussing politics is not allowed, and speculation about political motivation is not based on any known fact.

5. JosieMae

JosieMae Well-Known Member

Regarding the question of LE ruling out suicide early on; there could be an infinite number of reasons for this. Here are a few off the top. (I'm sure some of you razor-sharp sleuths can come up with more.)

Perhaps one of those "if anything ever happens to me ..." statements made to a confidant? Did LE find SM's journal? Did SM have plans she was excited about? Or maybe it's simply that a woman who is 1 day away from a hard-won cancer-free diagnosis is probably not preparing to end her life.

6. kshultz06082

kshultz06082 Super Snooper

I agree with everything you have written! I have a question that may have already been answered but I haven't seen.
    Does anyone else find it odd that the helmet is referred to as "baby blue"? All the pics I have seen are of a teal helmet. Maybe its a female thing, but I feel like it's an important distinction. I get that there probably aren't a ton of different colored helmets just laying around in the forest, but if you truly wanted someone to help you find something, wouldn't you want to be especially accurate? I would have accepted this easier if he had just said a blue or green helmet, but baby blue is very specific and very different from the actual color of her helmet. Buyout maybe BM is colorblind... or not terribly interested in certain things being found... but what do I know? *shrug*

Jmo

7. ethereal*22

@10ofRods - you had replied to the post that included that headline, that is all. And as I believed you were referring to that article, I responded with my thoughts about the lying you mentioned, the lying which I believe is within the headline. Again, that is all. I feel the headline is misleading and poor journalism, a lie. I wanted that to be brought into conversation. This was that opportunity, nothing personal.

8. kshultz06082

kshultz06082 Super Snooper

Best comment in the thread! Thank you for that giggle!

Subiechik21, NoSI, 10ofRods and 9 others like this.
  9. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

I find the "baby blue" description quite odd but because I'm English thought maybe it was just something you guys might say more often.

I cannot imagine my husband (or me, actually) describing a colour as baby blue. I mean, I know that exists as a descriptive. But my husband would def say light blue.

Or, as you say in your post, just blue!

Subiechik21, Fidobell, Skigh and 26 others like this.
  10. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Regarding your last paragraph.

I can’t tell you how many times that I’ve thought the same thing about why BM would go out of his way to appear guilty. It completely baffles the mind.

However, maybe that’s exactly what he’s hoping people will think- “Surely someone guilty wouldn’t behave in this manner”

Or- He’s such a narcissist that he is totally unaware as to how he is perceived.

As @MassGuy has said many times, BM is either the worst husband ever or he’s something else...

JMO

Subiechik21, ar3593, misgrn and 26 others like this.
  11. ivegotthemic

ivegotthemic Well-Known Member

I dont think he goes out of the way to look guilty, I think he just has a total lack of self awareness about his behavior, because to him its perfectly logical to do things like lie to your missing wives family about passing a polygraph or netflix/get some me time in while a 6 day search is going on for her. BM doesnt understand socially appropriate behavior nor does he care how he comes off because hes never given a second thought to anyone but himself

12. Lilypad13

Lilypad13 Well-Known Member

Speculation re BM’s thought process if he is guilty...I wonder if he asked the neighbor to look and see if Suzanne left her cell phone at home after she told him her bike was gone? Because if Suzanne was supposedly out on a bike ride and the reason they were getting worried was because he or their daughters couldn’t reach her, how would he know it wasn’t because she didn’t have her phone with her? It would seem a little premature to call LE and report her missing. Does that make sense? So, in other words, as soon as the neighbor said her bike wasn’t there then the next logical question should have been is her cell phone in the house? Even if BM already knew the bike was in the ravine and how & where he had disposed of Suzanne’s phone...he had to go through the motions with the neighbor and act like any innocent worried husband would. Did BM forget to ask about Suzanne’s cell phone? Maybe he did bring up her phone but the neighbor couldn’t get in the house because it was locked. BM could still have asked GD or another local buddy to go look for Suzanne before getting LE involved. But he did want LE to be called because it was getting late and he needed that bike found before dark. IMO

13. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Totally agree.
    I think it’s likely that LE probably had these same questions the very night SM was reported missing, and when BM couldn’t or wouldn’t give plausible answers to these simple questions, LE became very suspicious.
    JMO.

14. Saved69

Saved69 Active Member

Great post! Let's take it from the very beginning of the case....
    1. BM's 27 second Facebook video
    pleading for help in finding SM
    2. Not talking to the media...BM said
    It's too soon
    3. No posters, flyers in search for. SM
    4. Only speaking to media when it
    was to defend himself
    5. Not participating in the searches
    for SM
    6. Patrolling his property, armed
    while others searched for SM
    7. Filing for guardianship over SM
    8. Financial moves...house up for sale
    9. Saying that the search that AM
    organized was a publicity stunt,
    anybody credible as a witness were
    jailbirds or methheads.
    And there are so many more. Anyone else?

15. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Good job! Let’s not forget Broomfield and the chlorine!

16. Saved69

Saved69 Active Member

Also refusing a polygraph

17. ethereal*22

Not present at vigil
    <modsnip>
    New truck

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2020
  18. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

Now let's make a list of everything that he did that makes us think he is innocent.

19. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science" Liet Kynes

*Teal* bolded by me.
    Good point.
    A description made up by a (particular) man ??

Subiechik21, al66pine, 303gmf and 5 others like this.
  20. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science" Liet Kynes

Despite telling certain friends/family that he'd not only taken one but passed it.
    Maybe he added, 'and with flying colors, too' ?
    B/c he's all that. ;) :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.