Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Insider posting in this thread:

NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42[/URL Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

A thread specific decision has been made by Tricia to allow members to discuss Barry Morphew and to speculate about him based on how he is being publicly treated by LE, information from MSM and other WS approved sources (except rumors). Do NOT sleuth him or his business and do NOT trash him.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone else who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew),

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

MOD NOTE - THIS POST LANDS AT RANDOM

While speculation based on the facts of the case is certainly allowed and encouraged, speculation based on no known facts in the case, such as the yet unnamed suspect could also be responsible for the Delphi murders (or other cases), is not allowed.

Please stick to the facts in this case.

Thank you :)

MOD NOTE

Re: CM's twitter asking the public to speculate on the identity of the rando wigged e-bike search spectator...

OUR rules here are clear: we cannot speculate by throwing random names/initials of people connected to this case, by insinuating they might be some sneaky person, up to no good, sneaking around search locations.

This crosses the line of our VICTIM FRIENDLY policy, which includes family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc. Sleuthing/naming/insinuating is against our rules here. Please post accordingly.

ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths does not allow sleuthing of random individuals (i.e. guy with a wig?).

Although PE is an approved source, if the content of any approved source is not in accordance with Websleuths TOS or values, please do not discuss it.

Sleuth away behind the scenes but don't post about it here.

MOD NOTE:

Due to the rules here governing content that is posted behind a paywall, numerous posts and replies have had to be removed.

Please note, according to the rules: If an article is behind a paywall (i.e., by subscription only), you may post only the link and any portion of the content shown as a free preview.

None of the other information in the article may be posted here publicly, for discussion. Members are however advised that you can create a private convo for up to 20 fellow members for private discussion.

Thanks everyone :)

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Just as derogatory name changes are not allowed, neither are avatars that are designed to mock, ridicule or be disrespectful toward any case player.

There have been many such avatars removed in this discussion. Members whose avatars have been removed are asked to select another one that is more appropriate and which does not reflect poorly on Websleuths as a whole.

Keep it classy folks.

Thank you.

MOD NOTE

JUST A REMINDER:

Please stay on topic. SM is the topic of this thread, not whether anyone connected to the case is believable or not.

Please remember we're a victim/family friendly forum. While it is perfectly okay not to take every word as fact, it is never okay to bash or disrescpect a family member.

Lastly - better to scroll & roll than to take the thread off topic

Thanks everyone :)

IMO, a disagreement started Friday night, maybe about someone working late, being gone all the time and never being available for the relationship. From there maybe some discussion about where the proceeds from the sale of the IN property would be going. Maybe the $ Suzanne inherited was supposed to be "on loan" until the other house sold. Maybe the "D" word came up.

I think BM stewed over that all night and was tired and out of sorts Saturday am when he got to the job site. When he returned home, Suzanne was engaged in conversation with her friend and had her own plans for the day. I think she was in the kitchen at the sink or the island when she was attacked by a raging bull and had little or no opportunity to defend herself or escape.

MOO

IMO, I have always thought it's possible that SM left her home alive and willingly. That the murder and burial site are one in the same or separated by space but not by far. I think it's possible her home is not the murder location. IMO

I agree that there is no need to hurry.
LE has evidence that her murder was committed in the home. They know where BM was most of the time May 8-12 and other days if applicable. His alibi has been looked at and proven fake.

His lies have been documented. If he turned his phone off, they know.

LE will have looked at all his associates and financial records. They know about his debts and actual income.

They will have interviewed Suzanne's friends and talked to members of the DV group she was associated with.

They will have a motive by now.

Waiting only increases the liklyhood that more evidence will be found or Susanne will be found. Patience is a good thing.
Moo

I’m trying not to suppose too much, since we know so little other than Suzanne is missing and articles were found. I believe that the house is the crime scene. The PE guys, who did spend many years in LE, repeatedly state that they still have not left the house. There were two SWs served at the house, where LE spent many days. The real estate listings do not include any photos of certain areas of the home, which normally would be focal points. This leads me to believe that those areas do not look the way they did in previous listings, possibly as a result of the SW. LE sealed off the house immediately, and did not release it for many days after Suzanne went missing. I think they were looking at more than electronics.

IMO, I have always thought it's possible that SM left her home alive and willingly. That the murder and burial site are one in the same or separated by space but not by far. I think it's possible her home is not the murder location. IMO

I think she was murdered at home. But if she was killed at a burial sight, that would have been smarter.
Moo

Yes. But only recently. I believe he would gladly consult. He was 4th district, Chaffee is in the 11th, but only one county over.

MOO, they don't have the evidence yet.
We can see the suspicious behavior, the inconcistencies, but there is a pretty high bar.

FD lost a fatal amount of blood in her garage, FD was on Hartford surveillance video stuffing plastic bags with her DNA into public trash cans and yet it was months till an arrest.
I’m not in a hurry to see this charged. I just want LE to do a good job and make sure they have their suspect. Then it will be up to their DA to get justice for Suzanne. Not sure the DA will be on par with the likes of Dan May.

As far as Dan May, I can’t think of a reason he would want to come out of retirement to assist in this case. It is my understanding he is already assisting in the Gannon Stauch case.

I don't think any data stored in the phone could survive a trip to a hot tub. I think water is pretty much a death sentence for most cellular phones/electronic devices, at least any of the ones our family has owned (and ruined) over the past 20 years! The only data I would think might be salvageable, was anything that had previously been backed up or sent up to be stored in a cloud, before it's swim in the hot tub.

Welcome!
It stunned me though how much was recovered from Jodi Arias' camera when she threw it in the washing machine.

IMO, a disagreement started Friday night, maybe about someone working late, being gone all the time and never being available for the relationship. From there maybe some discussion about where the proceeds from the sale of the IN property would be going. Maybe the $ Suzanne inherited was supposed to be "on loan" until the other house sold. Maybe the "D" word came up.

I think BM stewed over that all night and was tired and out of sorts Saturday am when he got to the job site. When he returned home, Suzanne was engaged in conversation with her friend and had her own plans for the day. I think she was in the kitchen at the sink or the island when she was attacked by a raging bull and had little or no opportunity to defend herself or escape.

MOO
I agree very much with is.

"I think BM stewed over that all night and was tired and out of sorts Saturday am when he got to the job site. When he returned home, Suzanne was engaged in conversation with her friend and had her own plans for the day. I think she was in the kitchen at the sink or the island when she was attacked by a raging bull and had little or no opportunity to defend herself or escape."

What if-- for argument sake SM was communicating with more than one friend that morning. I can be pm'ing with more than one friend at a time---especially if there is wedding conversation taking place.

We all assume she had one friend she was communicating with that morning. Maybe different friends had different times they ended the conversation. (Reason why we have 8am 3:30pm 330pm 930pm yada yada yada).

There is no doubt BM has the ability to get on her electronics and try to finish out her conversations. (Sounds like that didn't work out well for him.)

This wedding thing is going to play out big in this investigation/trial.

It stunned me though how much was recovered from Jodi Arias' camera when she threw it in the washing machine.

One major difference in cell phone data retrieval today versus 10 years ago, is how much is now auto-stored in "the cloud". It can be harder to retrieve without permission since it is supposed to all be encrypted, but even if a device is destroyed, a lot of that data is still available unless you purposely configure your phone not to allow it.

Also, retrieving data is costly, but frequently it can be done. I can see LE not encouraging a grieving couple to waste $$, but generally it isn't easy to destroy memory to the point that it cannot be retrieved (unless you look up directions on how to do so online!).

Can't LE sometimes recover deleted texts (as an example) and other data without having the actual phone in their possession?

There was a verified expert that use to chime in on this (not this case). He explained this hocus pocus before. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304