Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are saying she was advocating her own personal marijuana use and volunteering for an organization which rigidly forbids it, at the same time? Do you really think SM was that type of person?
IMO

I'm saying I believe her brother, AM.
Seeking relief from a legal, controlled source?
Yes, 100% I think SM was that kind of person, from all I've read about her.
Chemo is wretched, for many people. Some need more help than others, to get through it.

Keeping in mind, she may not have been an active volunteer at this same time (which would have weighed on her heavily, as a member of this church). Considering she was going through treatment, I'm guessing she likely was not an active volunteer with any of her church's ministries.

jmo

Last edited:
That may be correct, which -- again --points to his need for a spokesman or counsel to assist him. That doesn't mean that he didn't have the legal right to keep others off of his property.

Flipping that coin:

While it's correct that he has the legal right to keep others off his property, the fact that BM's sole concern during wide-scale search efforts to find his wife was in hanging up trail cams around said property and warning volunteers to keep off is hardly the behavior of an innocent, grieving husband.

As a homeowner, he had the legal right to defend his land.

As a husband, he had the moral imperative to prioritize his wife's recovery over his personal wellbeing.

By his actions, as well as by his inactions, his priorities were exposed for all to see.

His safety and security trumped her safety and security…and I don't think that's anything new.

I suspect it's the nexus of this entire case.

JMO.

Last edited:
Have we ever seen this kind of behavior in all the missing cases we all have followed on WS? I understand about “protecting the property” during the searches (a ruse to see what / Where the searchers were/found) - many have formed opinions but only one knows what really happened - and I must say I really admire the whole LE team - no leaks whatsoever so we get to speculate - I can’t help but think poor Suzanne is laying in the elements or worse - and I’m mad all over again that this beautiful life was taken - I’m glad we all are keeping her “alive” whatever way we can
JMO

I've followed true crime for coming up on 50 years and I'll tell you, I've never seen an innocent man act this way. Never. Not once.

Just out of curiosity, how many guilty men have you seen acting this way?

Why I have a hard time totally jumping off the fence is BM is doing all the things that if you are guilty, no one with half an ounce of sense would do them. BM is by all indications a successful business man, which takes some brains. If he was guilty, why would he do so many things to make himself look so bad?

I'm saying I believe her brother, AM.
Seeking relief from a legal, controlled source?
Yes, 100% I think SM was that kind of person, from all I've read about her.
Chemo is wretched, for many people. Some need more help than others, to get through it.

Keeping in mind, she may not have been an active volunteer at this same time (which would have weighed on her heavily, as a member of this church).

Considering she was going through treatment, I'm guessing she likely was not an active volunteer with any of her church's ministries.

jmo
I daresay even if Suzanne was an active volunteer at her Church, she wouldn't have shown up stoned for anything she was participating in. It's absurd to even go down this road.

Have we ever seen this kind of behavior in all the missing cases we all have followed on WS? I understand about “protecting the property” during the searches (a ruse to see what / Where the searchers were/found) - many have formed opinions but only one knows what really happened - and I must say I really admire the whole LE team - no leaks whatsoever so we get to speculate - I can’t help but think poor Suzanne is laying in the elements or worse - and I’m mad all over again that this beautiful life was taken - I’m glad we all are keeping her “alive” whatever way we can
JMO

Not entirely the same - but, whats-her-face.....honestly blank her name
Beautiful Gannon Stauch's murderess.....
She had some attitude, big time attitude......
reminds me of BM

JMO

Reminds me of Cindy Anthony with her hammer and no trespassing signs...

Barry guarding the perimeter of his PP land is exactly like the Silverback gorilla I've compared him to in the past. I almost expect to see his knuckles dragging on the ground. He's very much about brawn, territory, beating his chest to show alpha male dominance, and chasing away possible interlopers. He could be one of the animals featured on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom if that was still in production. Besides, if you really want someone to "you kids get off my lawn" nothing works better than a pizzed-off menopausal woman, no weapon needed. ;)

IMO

It is the ultimate Get Off My Lawn moment. However, I'm a Gen-Xer! You just know that a good many of my fellow Xers & me are going to be warning kids (rifle in hand) to get off our lawns! :D

Access to BM's property was closed and barricaded by LE. His property lines were well beyond the warning signs. Any confrontation at one of those lines was indeed stupid and a thoughtless provocation. IMO

Have to come out of lurk mode for this one.

There’s a huge difference between recreational drug abuse and following a physician care plan that includes a prescribed means to alleviate symptoms.

Two completely different animals.

A terminal patient for example, on a hospice plan of care that includes physician prescribed narcs to alleviate pain isn’t a junkie.
BBM:

This is such a good post.

There really is no logical basis for equating medically prescribed marijuana for management of horrendous side effects r/t chemo with Spicoli-like recreational reefer madness.

There are any number of FDA-approved drugs that can be abused as street drugs, but those same drugs can and do have positive benefits when prescribed responsibly by medical professionals.

I know many people who are adamantly opposed to recreational drug use of any kind, but who have no problem with medical marijuana being prescribed to treat chemo symptoms.

I don't think the two positions are mutually exclusive at all.

JMO.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, how many guilty men have you seen acting this way?

Why I have a hard time totally jumping off the fence is BM is doing all the things that if you are guilty, no one with half an ounce of sense would do them. BM is by all indications a successful business man, which takes some brains. If he was guilty, why would he do so many things to make hisself look so bad?

Running a successful business does not necessarily make you smart. The jury is still out with Barry in that regard.

Smart people have committed some of the most idiotic crimes imaginable. Intelligence doesn’t seem to translate in situations like this.

Some of these men are so self absorbed that they have absolutely no self awareness. In addition to that, they frequently lack self control.

Patrick Frazee behaved much the same way. He didn’t attend the press conference, and didn’t do anything to aid in the search effort.

He didn’t even pretend to act like an innocent man, because he was too arrogant to believe that law enforcement could make a case against him.

We later learned that he literally said to a friend “no body, no crime.”

That sentiment worked out well for him, to the tune of life plus 156.

I’m optimistic of a similar result here.

So you are saying she was advocating her own personal marijuana use and volunteering for an organization which rigidly forbids it, at the same time? Do you really think SM was that type of person?
IMO
I would think that not everyone necessarily agrees with all of the rules of the Church they belong to. It doesn't make them a hypocrite.

What doesn't make sense is that the Church would allow drinking alcohol in moderation, but would forbid medical marijuana. I'm sure there are plenty of people who cross the line when it comes to "moderation."

He's lawfully allowed to carry a firearm on his property. I don't see how that makes a difference.
I agree he had the right to carry a gun on his property and it is a law given right that I protect and believe in 100%. It was asinine to be seen the day of the search on your property toting a gun.MOO
If I ever twist off and decide to take anybody out I want you @lamlawindy as my defense attorney.

I just came across this LS video, an interview with Barry's uncle. I don't remember ever seeing this before, so here it is for anyone interested. (It's listed as "unlisted" on LS's page, does that mean she posted it but it was private until now? Has anyone else seen this before?)

Interesting that he hadn’t seen them in 2 years, much can change in a marriage, a move, daughters launching, new friends and influences, etc
Uncle may not know what goes on behind closed doors

JMO

BBM:

Yes. We have.

The Berreth case.
PF didn't lift so much as a pinky finger to try to "find" KB after she went missing.
In fact, he couldn't even be bothered to show up at the press conference LE did with KB's mom.

And who can forget PF's hostile encounter with a reporter at the gate to the Franch:
"This is private property. This is a private road."

Of course, what he didn't tell the reporter was, "This is the private property where I threw Kelsey's body onto a raging bonfire," but he might as well have, given the plethora of evidence he left behind for the investigators.

And, too, I'm seeing shades of the Barbara Thomas case here.

Her husband didn't spearhead a single public search effort for her, either.

Probably still too busy reading those notes she used to stick under his pillow.

JMO.

Last edited:
As I stated previously:

Remember, 95% of the internet suspects him of harming Suzanne: Is it unreasonable to believe that some of the searchers may trespass onto his property intending to do him harm?

Yes, I think that's unreasonable. The searchers weren't there to mete out vigilante justice, they were searching for Suzanne or clues about what happened to her.

Sure, some folks might be hostile toward him if they assume he's involved. But he would have never encountered them if he'd stayed inside or near the house, even if he didn't want to leave the property entirely.

He wasn't trying to keep them away from HIM, he was trying to keep them off even the perimeter of his property. Why would he do that? What if there were valid clues to Suzanne's fate there? I am at a loss to think of a single reason why an innocent person would want searchers to halt at the property perimeter, especially when there is a comfortable buffer between the perimeter and the house, so that he doesn't have to interact with potentially hostile folks.

If he thought angry searchers would attempt to go right up to his home to harass him, or to search, without permission, I think that's the kind of worry an innocent person simply would not have.

MOO

There hasn't been another time when hundreds of people descended on Chaffee County at one time, some of whom may have had hatred of Barry in their hearts. I agree that Barry has made missteps -- I'll criticize him for not being more diligent about protecting his property -- but I won't criticize him for the fact that he actually protected his property.

Maybe if Barry had cared as much about his wife as he does about his property, we wouldn't be having this conversation! Moo

I was not surprised by BM toting a gun to intimidate the searchers. He can't even pretend anymore, because he knows that people see through his act. No more Mr. Nice guy. A waste of effort. It's him against justice now.

He'll never see himself as any thing but a victim. He blames Suzanne, for what he did, in my opinion.

I would think that not everyone necessarily agrees with all of the rules of the Church they belong to. It doesn't make them a hypocrite.

What doesn't make sense is that the Church would allow drinking alcohol in moderation, but would forbid medical marijuana. I'm sure there are plenty of people who cross the line when it comes to "moderation."

This has nothing to do with her religion. YL is heavily endorsed by her church, but there is no direct connection. YL is a non-denominational organization that has some very strict rules, period. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni