Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so now we know the girls left on Wednesday-May 6th, five days before Suzanne was reported missing. IMO, four days before she was killed on Saturday.

I guess all this time I assumed the trip was much longer and the girls were away for over a week. This is critical to the timeline, it's screaming premeditation in my head.
I thought I read that the cameras at the home weren’t working as of Wednesday as well. I don’t recall if AM or LS mentioned it in an interview but I do recall that stood out.

MOO

RSBM...
From the get-go the story was also that BM was at a firefighters training session, convention or whatever. That story took over 3 months to correct. If they drove...(most likely did considering so many cancelled/ limited domestic flights due to Covid) at a minimum the closest town right inside the Idaho border is a 10 hour drive from Salida. Pretty far drive for such a short trip. If they left to come home at 6am and drove non-stop it still wouldn't give them much of a mothers day with Suzanne

Same page Della. I think Andy gets some of the "names/sources" wrong, some of the time by accident, things running together but for him to catch himself here tells me it wasn't Idaho. In the Patriots Box interview with Andy....
54:49 that's correct they were on a camping
54:51 trip I think let me think it was
54:53 uh was it Idaho?(This was Andy questioning himself)
54:56 no um one of the states nearby they'd......

I posted the link a while ago but LS also says she was told it was out of state, in Idaho. This was also early on, quite likley before LS and AM ever spoke, so I believe that info did come from BM.

As for the discrepency between whether it was a firefighter thing or a landscaping thing, all the early reports said that came from a family source, but they never said who (I'm guessing it was TN). It was never corrected right away, because BM was avoiding the media like the plague.

I don't even recall the first time we heard about a landscaping thing. Interview with TD? It's getting to be kind of a jumble at this point. :confused:

I don't even recall the first time we heard about a landscaping thing. Interview with TD? It's getting to be kind of a jumble at this point. :confused:
RSBBM

So agree....jumble...wish we could nail down some facts just as to timeline alone and I'd be grateful. I don't know who started the Firefighters story or who knew the truth...but BM told Andy also that he had a fireman's meeting
56:01 and he also said he had a fireman's
56:03 meeting that day
56:04 but that was mother's day and I can't
56:06 find any evidence that there was ever a
56:08 fireman's meeting that day

ETA...I think you are correct, the first we heard may have been the TD interview. By that point in time Andy had been in town and left, he may have never know until the JP story heated up...who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to lean toward a sudden outburst of anger/violence and he hit her too hard.
I also tend to think he immediately regretted it, and still does.
The terribly messy, sloppy alibi sort of leads me there. All the red flags on that one.

jmo

I have this thought at times as well.

But, why wouldn't he just fess up at the time or at least try to get help? Was it his ego stopping him from making that call? Why?

MOO

BM had no materials, wasn’t supposed to be working without supervision, wasn’t supposed to be working without a permit, and wasn’t supposed to be working on the weekend period.

So your timeline is baseless, as you are describing work that there is absolutely no evidence of him performing, he wasn’t equipped to perform, and would have been illegal for him to perform.

Besides that, if his alibi was solid, then we would not have seen law enforcement behave this way.
I absolutely agree. In my opinion, LE knows exactly who caused SM to be "missing". They're likely still building their case against him. It's so difficult to be patient while we wait to see an arrest. My wish is that someone will find SM's remains.

Sleuths have questioned the tweet by Chris McDonough. “What’s he getting at?”
Just my thought and opinion here. Multiple companies and multiple states involved. Makes me wonder if it is related to why the FBI got involved so quickly. Maybe a money shell game involving several?
MOO

I have always thought Saturday was the day Suzanne was killed but now I wonder if the reason BM was acting odd and antsy on Saturday am at the job site was because she was killed Friday and he was trying to figure out how to cover it up. Was he intentionally avoiding the house on Saturday afternoon or was he figuring out his cover up and alibi on the fly while he was roaming around and acquiring the items he would need to clean up the house and support his story?

MOO
This is my opinion as well. I believe that Suzanne was killed on Friday and BM's mind was scattered in every direction as he tried to come up with an alibi. MG noticed that BM was acting strangely on Saturday morning. They didn't even put in a full day of work, which surprised her.

I totally believe that the sightings of BM shopping in town on Saturday were exactly for the purpose you stated, BM was gathering supplies to clean up the house.

Since he seemed to have left behind bleach smells in both the house and the hotel room, that's probably one of the items that he bought. During those earlier days of Covid, bleach was pretty difficult to find. It sounds as if he was able to purchase some though. Perhaps it wasn't enough to thoroughly clean everything. BM apparently bought enough bleach to raise quite a stink though. :(

There have been many references about coolers throughout this mystery. We all have coolers of many sizes for a variety of reasons. I am from a multi-generational hunting family. When the hunters go out for the day, they never take a cooler. If they harvest a large animal, that is usually it for the day and they field dress it and head home to hang and process it.

On occasion, there is a far away hunting trip, in which case if they harvest a large animal they field dress it and hang it in the wild and then hustle home after they break camp possibly a day or three later. (As I live in Canada, much of our hunt is done in the cooler winter months. I suspect Colorado is much the same.) Or, they take it into the nearest town to be hung at a butcher shop until they are ready to come home. The puzzle for me is why is there a popular opinion that BM would have so many large coolers hanging about?

There's an adage: you can live two weeks without food, two days without water, two minutes without air. It wouldn't take long to kill her.

Perhaps he was irritated at the job site Saturday morning because she was in communication with her friend and was not answering his calls.

Perhaps she was ignoring his calls because they had a serious disagreement and she didn't want to talk to him.

He may have been at the boiling point by the time he got home. Two minutes later, it was over.

Moo
Yes.

I have this thought at times as well.

But, why wouldn't he just fess up at the time or at least try to get help? Was it his ego stopping him from making that call? Why?

MOO
I honestly can't say.
Maybe in such cases where non-premeditated violence takes place, some sort of self-preservation mode kicks in, and folks just create lie after to lie to cover what they've done, hoping LE becomes tripped up at some point and never discovers the truth of what they've done?

Entirely speculation on my part.

According to our efficient reporter on the scene, LS, and the link provided by OM, the camping out was in ID.
So what a coincidence that everyone except BM and Suzanne were far out of state and reachable only by phone ?

This is so sad to ponder as possibly Suzanne had plans as far as food preparations and maybe was looking forward to the girls being home later that day ?
A cake baked or food stuffs in the fridge ready to pull out later on Sun. ?
What did LE find ?
None of that ?
Was it as if Suzanne wasn't present from Fri. evening or Sat. am ?

A hastily-cleaned house ?
Just food for thought ; a man's cleaning can vary from a woman's idea of clean.
At least in some households of which I'm acquainted. ;)
Imo.

Eta : Some small things have been nagging at my mind ; Did Suzanne wear glasses or just reading ones ?
Would she have sunglasses on for a 'bike ride' ? (Not that I think she ever went on one !)
I keep thinking BM forgot to get rid of something obvious --like the shoes she'd wear on a bike ride.
What clothes were missing ?
Were her pajamas missing ?

Asking b/c if she was ambushed , two sets of clothes would be 'gone', her biking clothes that BM so carefully pointed out to the employee on his note; and whatever she was wearing if and when 'something happened'.

Her daughters might know what's gone as far as Suzannes' possessions and maybe that's why BM says they won't be returning to that house (he said 'out of fear of kidnapping').
MOO

Last edited:
Since he seemed to have left behind bleach smells in both the house and the hotel room, that's probably one of the items that he bought. During those earlier days of Covid, bleach was pretty difficult to find. It sounds as if he was able to purchase some though. Perhaps it wasn't enough to thoroughly clean everything. BM apparently bought enough bleach to raise quite a stink though. :(

But wouldn't many/most people have a jug of bleach on hand from pre-pandemic, that would normally take years to go through, unless they were using it to treat a swimming pool or wash cloth diapers or something.

So anyone might have a half gallon or so sitting around, having not yet used it for anything virus-related. Given how much it's supposed to be diluted, wouldn't even a cup or two be more than enough for the alleged cleaning jobs?

Google tells me 1/3 of a cup of bleach per gallon of water makes a disinfectant. So even a small amount on hand would be useful to the actor even without the option to buy more at that moment in the shortages etc.

There have been many references about coolers throughout this mystery. We all have coolers of many sizes for a variety of reasons. I am from a multi-generational hunting family. When the hunters go out for the day, they never take a cooler. If they harvest a large animal, that is usually it for the day and they field dress it and head home to hang and process it.

On occasion, there is a far away hunting trip, in which case if they harvest a large animal they field dress it and hang it in the wild and then hustle home after they break camp possibly a day or three later. (As I live in Canada, much of our hunt is done in the cooler winter months. I suspect Colorado is much the same.) Or, they take it into the nearest town to be hung at a butcher shop until they are ready to come home. The puzzle for me is why is there a popular opinion that BM would have so many large coolers hanging about?
We hang deer for gutting and bleeding from a tree. Then skin it, quarter it, and put it in a cooler on ice. We would not use the hunting coolers later for a picnic.

We hang deer for gutting and bleeding from a tree. Then skin it, quarter it, and put it in a cooler on ice. We would not use the hunting coolers later for a picnic.
That’s helpful to know - would the antlers or rack be kept out, separate? I’m speculating, but I still find it odd that a fresh rack of antlers was sitting around - would the rest of the kill perhaps be hanging in a local butcher shop for processing? And is there a cooler missing? It would be interesting to know if the dive teams looked for a cooler shaped object. All speculation, but it sure as heck would be easy to move a cooler around/carry in a truck bed without anyone taking a second glance!

Last edited:
I guess all of my experience has been that the hunters in my world just come home after the kill with no need for coolers. The meat is laid out in the back of the pickups on a tarp and hustled home for hanging and processing. The meat is hung for a number of days before quartering. Every hunter has their own method, I suppose. In all my years as a hunters wife, we only ever had one cooler. It was used for picnics.

That’s helpful to know - would the antlers or rack be kept out, separate? I’m speculating, but I still find it odd that’s rack of antlers was sitting around and there was no beast - would the rest of the kill perhaps be hanging in a local butcher shop for “deerprocessin’”?
Good questions.
I have other opinions as to where the rest of that elk might be.
Sadly.
Graphic post below :

If a body is thrown down a mine shaft or weighted down in water ---would the carcass of an elk on top of it mask the odor ?

Another thought rambling through my head has to do with BM's relationship with his daughters since this all went down. Do I understand correctly that the younger daughter is living with BM at his new condo? What would they find to talk about with such a huge elephant in the room? What does BM talk to anyone about? The weather and the roads? Those are the only safe topics. I cannot fathom that there would be any idle and random chit chat for him with anyone...even his mother. One has to feel for the girls and his extended family. Though they aren't in this together, they cannot get away from it. Forevermore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member