Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that you forget that CCSO had probable cause for a search warrant signed by a Chaffee County Judge to search the riverfront building site. Were they just supposed to ignore where the evidence led them? I don't think so...

I'm not saying LE should have done anything differently. I have no better idea what they knew than anyone else. The consequences of their actions was the trashing of innocent lives. The damage is done. Those people have no reason at all to trust LE now. They actually have no reason to even talk to them. Is it going to bring SM back, or is it just going to make their lives worse? What is the point? IMO

I'm really surprised that you see it that way. I see it as two thorough searches (one of them challenged by massive acreage, the other more focused). Do you have anything we could use as evidence that while the small FBI-driven search at the job site was going on...that local LE simply gave up on other searches? We already know that local LE has said they performed way more searches than we're aware of.

Do you have any evidence that anything has been found from all of these other searches? IMO

I'm not saying LE should have done anything differently. I have no better idea what they knew than anyone else. The consequences of their actions was the trashing of innocent lives. The damage is done. Those people have no reason at all to trust LE now. They actually have no reason to even talk to them. Is it going to bring SM back, or is it just going to make their lives worse? What is the point? IMO
The murder of an innocent mother destroyed lives, not the efforts of law enforcement to bring her killer to justice.

You’re literally repeating Barry’s talking point. Of course, he has a vested interest in criticizing law enforcement.

The murder of an innocent mother destroyed lives, not the efforts of law enforcement to bring her killer to justice.

You’re literally repeating Barry’s talking point. Of course, he has a vested interest in criticizing law enforcement.

Are you saying their lives are hopelessly trashed anyway, as "collateral damage" of the crime, so their only value as human beings is now to testify? IMO

So, I'm curious re: opinions on this - if you were to put yourself in LE's shoes at this point, and we assume that you believe BM to be guilty, but are looking to gather a little more evidence (ideally, a body - but maybe other evidence) before an arrest - would you:

1) Continue to put pressure on BM, to the degree that you could. Make sure he knows you are watching, that you're continuing to press, following leads, digging, etc. - hoping that the pressure gets to BM and he slips up.

2) Or..... you back off, but keep a stealthy eye on BM. You continue to work behind the scenes, but outwardly you let things appear that they are slowing down. Let him breathe, let him think maybe he's going to get away with this - and hope that he lets his guard down and makes a mistake.

3) Something else?

Well it seems like LE are going with #2 currently. But I hope they are also going with my #3) putting pressure on and making deals with any possible accomplice(s)!??

Barry told Lauren Scharf - “Suzanne went on a bike ride every day, Lauren. She was an avid biker. If she did not bike around the subdivision, she biked on trails. I don’t remember how the conversation went, but I probably said something like, ‘is her bike there?’ Because her car was there and she’s gone,” Barry said.

Yes, why can't we hear these kinds of details from them? Though I'm sure they have shared those things with LE right?

I agree and hopefully they have shared many details with LE. The daughters would be in the best position to know the truth about their parents relationship. If it was not “hunky dory” and BM & SM were fighting a lot or if there was any domestic violence THEY KNOW. I have a 20 year old and she knows it all...the good, the bad & the ugly! Now whether or not they would say anything against their Dad is another story...

I think that, when LE elected to drop any illusion of searching for SM on Monarch Pass and concentrated all of the efforts on the slab search / beach comb in Salida, all of the bridges to the immediate family were burned. Allegations were made of the most serious nature possible, even if they weren't specifically spelled out. There is no turning back now. IMO

What’s the deal with Monarch Pass? Are you saying that’s where a non-BM abductor left Suzanne’s body? Hasn’t Monarch Pass also been searched extensively?

Are you saying their lives are hopelessly trashed anyway, as "collateral damage" of the crime, so their only value as human beings is now to testify? IMO
No. I’ll try and spell this out as simply as I can.

The person responsible for destroying their lives is the person who killed their mother. He is the bad guy; not law enforcement.

I think OP is the only one alleging innocent lives were trashed because investigators followed their leads. This was certainly not the consequence of law enforcement doing their job by following the evidence. IMO, trashing innocent lives is what results when somebody executes and disappears the mother of the family.

My point is that the family has no reason at all to talk to LE about anything. IMO
What about love for their mother that will not be at Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays, graduations, weddings, births of grandchildren? Maybe you aren’t giving them enough credit? If they come to the realization that BM is responsible for taking Suzanne’s life they might change their mind eventually. It’s complicated because they might be scared and are most likely financially dependent on their father. BM is the one who may have burned bridges. IMO

What about love for their mother that will not be at Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays, graduations, weddings, births of grandchildren? Maybe you aren’t giving them enough credit? If they come to the realization that BM is responsible for taking Suzanne’s life they might change their mind eventually. It’s complicated because they might be scared and are most likely financially dependent on their father. BM is the one who may have burned bridges. IMO
Can you even imagine these young girls having to deal with this? It angers me that anyone would put them through this horrific ordeal. A 16 year old child losing her mother when they need them the most. What a hot fing mess someone created for their own selfish benefit!! Makes me hot!

In my opinion there are only 3 lives that have been “trashed” by the disappearance of SM. One of the 3 appears to be responsible for her disappearance. Although devastating, I’m hesitant to say that SM’s siblings’ or her father’s life was ‘trashed’ when SM disappeared.

With Suzanne gone, the girls are by far the most impacted. If they’re willing to take the stand and defend dad... well then whatever evidence LE has is going need to be pretty damning.
JMO

In my opinion there are only 3 lives that have been “trashed” by the disappearance of SM. One of the 3 appears to be responsible for her disappearance. Although devastating, I’m hesitant to say that SM’s siblings’ or her father’s life was ‘trashed’ when SM disappeared.

With Suzanne gone, the girls are by far the most impacted. If they’re willing to take the stand and defend dad... well then whatever evidence LE has is going need to be pretty damning.
JMO
I think the girls know a lot and that’s why there has been quiet. They can not support him. I have this mom intuition that they knew a lot more than all of us. They are the ones that are talking to LE. I just have this feeling they are the ones that have a lot of information. They are quiet for a very good reason.

I wouldn’t doubt the girls told them that they suspected him from the start. Watch and see. I bet that’s why LE has been quiet. It was to protect those young ladies. I think they knew from the get go and I think those poor girls were stuck between a “rock” and a hard place.

Can you even imagine these young girls having to deal with this? It angers me that anyone would put them through this horrific ordeal. A 16 year old child losing her mother when they need them the most. What a hot fing mess someone created for their own selfish benefit!! Makes me hot!
Me too! I’m getting all fired up tonight. Just think how incredibly sad the upcoming holidays will be for those girls. I’m sure their Mom made everything special. How awful. So sad for them.

Me too! I’m getting all fired up tonight. Just think how incredibly sad the upcoming holidays will be for those girls. I’m sure their Mom made everything special. How awful. So sad for them.
I am getting some satisfaction Suzanne will get revenge on her murderer. Right now I fully believe her daughters know who killed her and will report to LE. I believe they fully know who killed her or will very soon recognize who did it and will concede to authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288