Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting some satisfaction Suzanne will get revenge on her murderer. Right now I fully believe her daughters know who killed her and will report to LE. I believe they fully know who killed her or will very soon recognize who did it and will concede to authorities.
I agree with your first point, as I’m convinced her killer is going down.

As for her daughters though, I believe that they believe their father. It’s something that I’ve seen in countless cases, even ones with overwhelming evidence that ultimately result in conviction.

The closer you are to someone, the harder it may be to see the truth.

My point is that the family has no reason at all to talk to LE about anything. IMO
I disagree. The daughters have every reason to go and talk to LE to ask
“What do you guys think happened to my Mom?” They both are old enough to ask the hard questions. The daughter in college most likely has friends that are asking questions IMO the girls have questions. We do not know what their relationship is with their Dad, nor do we know what the relationship was with SM. But they definitely have reason to talk to LE.

My point is that the family has no reason at all to talk to LE about anything. IMO
Except for one detail:

Mom and wife have been missing for almost six months. Nobody in the M family has publicly pleaded or attempted to assist with locating her. Until AM stepped up it was like the Twighlight Zone.

Call me crazy but that certainly seems like a substantial enough reason to talk to anyone and everyone. Hoping something would help recover their loved one.

Last edited:
Except for one detail:

Mom and wife has been missing for almost six months. Nobody in the M family has publicly pleaded or attempted to assist with locating her.

Call me crazy but that certainly seems like a substantial enough reason to talk to anyone and everyone. Hoping something would help recover their loved one.
I think if my mother was missing and myself and my sisters knew that and loved our mom more than anything in this world we would talk to anyone.. unless LE told us not to for a certain reason. I think that is exactly the freaking case here. And it has to do with a dad. Poor girls

Welp you are the last person on here I would like to have a contest with but I’m gonna contest in any event. I did originally think this same thing that they would do anything t0 back him. But I’ve changed my mind. I think the girls could have changed their mind. It makes way more sense to me that the girls are on LE’s side. That’s why the silence. I think the reason he’s quiet and the girls are quiet us because they are against him. I think they have mom’s back hence the silence. Go ahead eat me alive!
I think it's too difficult for them emotionally to see the truth. They have already lost their beautiful mother, the pain of losing their Dad would be too much for them to deal with. Also, if they were against him as you said, we would likely hear of the dissension. jmo

They do if they know something that could bring justice to Suzanne. That's a reason.

There could also be reasons not to (implicating selves or others they care about).

But there are certainly reasons to talk (frequently) to LE if one's mother or wife has gone missing.

In my opinion there are only 3 lives that have been “trashed” by the disappearance of SM. One of the 3 appears to be responsible for her disappearance. Although devastating, I’m hesitant to say that SM’s siblings’ or her father’s life was ‘trashed’ when SM disappeared.

With Suzanne gone, the girls are by far the most impacted. If they’re willing to take the stand and defend dad... well then whatever evidence LE has is going need to be pretty damning.
JMO

In that scenario, though, they would also be cross-examined and ultimately, the truth would out. IMO.

Then in my opinion they never should have called and reported her as missing. Once you involve yourself you are obligated and you are involved. You can't report someone as missing and expect everyone to do all the work investigating while you watch from the sideline and critique. As BM said "people don't know the truth" and how would he know what people know if he himself didn't know. moo

Then in my opinion they never should have called and reported her as missing. Once you involve yourself you are obligated and you are involved. You can't report someone as missing and expect everyone to do all the work investigating while you watch from the sideline and critique. As BM said "people don't know the truth" and how would he know what people know if he himself didn't know. moo

Oddly enough, from the information that I am aware, they didn’t report her missing- the neighbor lady made that call. I am not aware of any calls from anyone from her family to report her missing.

The neighbor lady making the call who was supposedly present at the M’s home on the Sunday still makes me wonder what she saw that caused her to feel that call was necessary. Whereas it “appears” her three family members had not become concerned enough to make the call themselves...?

To me there’s just something pretty valuable in this call by neighbor instead of family. When I’m stuck I always go back to the beginning, in this case it’s the beginning where one can get stuck. Nothing made much sense logically from the start if at all, still does not. MOO.

Oddly enough, from the information that I am aware, they didn’t report her missing- the neighbor lady made that call. I am not aware of any calls from anyone from her family to report her missing.
<rsbm>

Can't find it right now, but IIRC, there was discussion that the neighbor lady said Barry told her to call 911, and members speculated it could have been because he was in Denver so it was more appropriate that she call as she was local in Salida.

JMO

The neighbor lady making the call who was supposedly present at the M’s home on the Sunday still makes me wonder what she saw that caused her to feel that call was necessary. Whereas it “appears” her three family members had not become concerned enough to make the call themselves...?

To me there’s just something pretty valuable in this call by neighbor instead of family. When I’m stuck I always go back to the beginning, in this case it’s the beginning where one can get stuck. Nothing made much sense logically from the start if at all, still does not. MOO.
The girls did seem worried and concerned about their mother because they called both the neighbor and their father when they couldn't reach her. At that time they wouldn't have known if she was missing or if she just wasn't home or was somewhere without any service. It wasn't until later in the day, when Barry asked the neighbor to go back to the house to to see if Suzanne's bike was there that he asked her to call 911 and said he was coming right home.

At that point he had no choice but to call, or let someone else call, since he had texted her earlier, called and left a voicemail and had not heard back from her. IMO

<rsbm>

Can't find it right now, but IIRC, there was discussion that the neighbor lady said Barry told her to call 911, and members speculated it could have been because he was in Denver so it was more appropriate that she call as she was local in Salida.

JMO

@Sillybilly - I agree, from the information we have this is true. I was not questioning such. Perhaps I didn’t explain well to not go into old stuff again. I think I find it odd that at some point when any of the three did get into range or closer - or whatever reason given for not being the original callers to 911, that none of them made their own calls to LE/911 to follow up, provide information, anything. My gut instinct tells me this is what I would instinctually do in such situation. I would need to become involved as soon as I was able- and to me in our tech world would be long before pulling into the driveway- I feel I would be taking action, not just chilling thinking it’s all good, the neighbor lady’s got this, it’s just my mom missing. But again, many unknowns here. Always, IMOO.

@Sillybilly - I agree, from the information we have this is true. I was not questioning such. Perhaps I didn’t explain well to not go into old stuff again. I think I find it odd that at some point when any of the three did get into range or closer - or whatever reason given for not being the original callers to 911, that none of them made their own calls to LE/911 to follow up, provide information, anything. My gut instinct tells me this is what I would instinctually do in such situation. I would need to become involved as soon as I was able- and to me in our tech world would be long before pulling into the driveway- I feel I would be taking action, not just chilling thinking it’s all good, the neighbor lady’s got this, it’s just my mom missing. But again, many unknowns here. Always, IMOO.
At the point the girls were getting close to home they had no idea anything was going on except their mom was missing. They had no information to call in while on the road and share as they had not been home for awhile.

There was a little movement on the Find Suzanne Morphew FB page this evening. Wonder who's up at 3 am changing things?

Find Suzanne Morphew
At this point, they should have left the page “abandoned.” The change has already generated a couple of comments. Nothing outrageous but you get the drift. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member