CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

Snipped. Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I haven’t had time to get on here today. From the article;

Bertram said a firefighter in his crew was the first to alert him to Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance, in an early morning phone call on Monday, May 11.

So either the girls didn’t call their Dad, which I seriously doubt, or he didn’t answer their calls. I’m sure they tried calling him numerous times before calling the neighbor. MOO

2. OzzieB

OzzieB Well-Known Member

If the fire chief made the comment about church I would think it is because he usually sees her there and noticed she wasn't there. And of all of people wouldnt the fire chief know if the church was open for service? Also the girls were out of town and we are assuming the husband was too... But if they couldnt get a hold of their mom early on and she was gone for eight hours wouldn't they have asked their father to go see whats going on. He was supposedly in Denver he could have made it there in lesa than 3 hours. Do we even know how long he was out of town?

Puzzles8, Fireflize, Razz and 3 others like this.
  3. OzzieB

OzzieB Well-Known Member

If the fire chief made the comment about church I would think it is because he usually sees her there and noticed she wasn't there. And of all of people wouldnt the fire chief know if the church was open for service? Also the girls were out of town and we are assuming the husband was too... But if they couldnt get a hold of their mom early on and she was gone for eight hours wouldn't they have asked their father to go see whats going on. He was supposedly in Denver he could have made it there in lesa than 3 hours. Do we even know how long he was out of town?

Wild Rose, MsBetsy and LietKynes like this.
  4. OzzieB

OzzieB Well-Known Member

Hahah omg savage

5. OzzieB

OzzieB Well-Known Member

Umm i think that was referring to Bertram. As in he heard through his crew.

Sunny123, Puzzles8, j_in_c and 18 others like this.
  6. yawningreyhound

yawningreyhound Well-Known Member

It's late and i didnt search thoroughly so please forgive if repeat. CBS4 posted a yt flyover of the house with crime scene tape strung around an area. And a bobcat in the driveway.

7. Dave F.

Dave F. Well-Known Member

They do things differently in Colorado? They certainly do things differently in the Daily Mail IMO

8. BoatyMcboatface

BoatyMcboatface Well-Known Member

So you don’t believe law enforcement suspects him of being involved? And they just looked inside his car and gave it back to him? Because where I’m from, that car would be towed and examined.

crhedBngr, Puzzles8, Alcina and 17 others like this.
  9. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

Morphew's husband, Barry, shared an emotional plea to Facebook Sunday saying, "No questions asked, however much they want. I will do whatever it takes to get you back."

The video followed an announcement of a $200,000 reward for information leading to a safe return.

It's something that's caught the attention of former Pueblo County Sheriff and now Private Investigator Dan Corsentino.

"It seems to me there is something more driving this case that none of us know about at this point in time," he said.

"This case is going to be something more than I think a family-related case. That's just my gut instinct," Corsentino said.

Investigator explains FBI's involvement in Chaffee County missing woman case - KRDO

Sunny123, PaulaDC, La Louve and 24 others like this.
  10. clearskies1

clearskies1 Well-Known Member

The vehicles in the driveway have been described as law enforcement vehicles, not Morphew vehicles.
    Stephanie (Butzer) Rose

@stephaniebutzer

15h

Here are some aerial shots of the Morphew home from this morning. Two law enforcement vehicles are in the driveway. The sheriff said the home is one of the many areas of focus during this investigation. Search warrant is sealed (per usual with cases like this) #SuzanneMorphew
    Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter

11. Iamlysaloo

Iamlysaloo Well-Known Member

That helicopter noise feels so menacing.

12. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

I did not interpret GK's response as an accusation that BM was guilty of anything; just that nothing is really set in stone as to where BM was on the dates in question because fire chief is stating what he had heard. JMO

bellesnwhistles, kay74, Kyte and 6 others like this.
  13. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Please take the time to read "The Gift of Fear"

there’s something both very eery and very sad about that footage :( hoping Suzanne is found today and her family can get some answers.

14. HopeForTheBest

HopeForTheBest Well-Known Member

It would be a comfort to those kids if you are right. We can hope. I don’t share your view but I hope you are right. MOO.

15. Dave F.

Dave F. Well-Known Member

Channel 4 News in Denver has had a helicopter in service since at least 1982, but in 2010 they entered into a joint leasing arrangement with Channel 9 News KUSA and Channel 7 News KMGH. They all use the same helicopter. The logistics of flying their helicopter 500 air miles round trip and rising from 5,280 ft to 9,300 ft seem staggering to me. The fuel guages must have been bottoming out! The pilot was amazing, though. That video is as steady as a drone, and the speed of vertical rise is impressive......and again, drone quality performance. Even more kudos to the helicopter pilot that put that together! IMO

16. Sarahlou

Sarahlou Well-Known Member

Hoping today is the day there's some news!

17. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Yes.
    I hope to have it end well with her alive.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  18. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

The crime tape seems to cordon off a section of graded dirt with the stairs going down the middle.

19. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

Just thinking of a different scenario here. Maybe someone hired someone else to kill her. The 100,000 reward offer right off has been bugging me. Was it a message? I'm just thinking what if's in case a suspicious person's alibis check out. IMO.

La Louve, Kyte, Fireflize and 8 others like this.
  20. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Moira Rose's Wigs

Suzanne going for a bike ride every Sunday before church is a new tidbit, isn't it?

Of course, with Covid-19 and social distancing and no in-person services and with Suzanne likely being high risk, that's kind of a moot point. Other than she generally goes for a ride on Sundays.

Except I don't think she went on a bike ride that Sunday. I think her bike may not have been in working order and that's why the nephew was so adamant about the condition of the bike.

MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.