Well, chlorine is bactericidal, so, yes. But it is a gas. It is heavier than oxygen, so it would probably be felt in the lower part of the house. But the smell of bleach (I think) is the warning, related to chlorine. I honestly thought that HCl (that one could get out of bleach - you need a lot, though) could be used to dissolve a body, but no. Stronger acids are needed. So I dropped the idea of mixing bleach with anything after that. Ironically, I read that chlorine is used to clean bicycles. I don’t know what to make out of it.