CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #50

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Well, chlorine is bactericidal, so, yes. But it is a gas. It is heavier than oxygen, so it would probably be felt in the lower part of the house. But the smell of bleach (I think) is the warning, related to chlorine. I honestly thought that HCl (that one could get out of bleach - you need a lot, though) could be used to dissolve a body, but no. Stronger acids are needed. So I dropped the idea of mixing bleach with anything after that.
    Ironically, I read that chlorine is used to clean bicycles. I don’t know what to make out of it.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020

2. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Sheriff John Spezze stated, while it’s an open investigation, he would not rule out a criminal investigation.

This was before bleach this was before concrete was dug up.

3. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

4. Trackergd

Trackergd SAR Search Manager and Footprint Tracker

I happened to catch an episode of Forensics Files last night where they found biological evidence in a sink trap. There was also mention of using bleach to destroy evidence in a sink trap. This would also extend to tub and shower drain P or U traps. Could our favorite actor know this?

5. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

If he didn't know it then, he probably does now. :D

IMO he returned home to some missing plumbing when LE was done processing the house.

6. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

7. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science" Liet Kynes

I noticed those tats....
    Imagine the conversation between BM and JP. :eek:
    And JP had to be wondering, "Why the heck should I wear long sleeves ? What are you getting at ?"
    Imo.

8. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science" Liet Kynes

lavender bolding mine.
    Exactly.

LE knew they didn't have a voluntary missing or a bike accident; possibly within hours of arriving at the residence and before or shortly after questioning BM.
    I mention "questioning" as I don't think BM was very forthcoming in answering LE's questions (Other than giving his own version of events) .
    Imo.

9. Trackergd

If he has been reading here, he has probably been saying "why didn't I think of that" a lot :eek:

10. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Yes. MOO
    On Wednesday morning, 5/13 the ChCSO explicitly stated it was a criminal investigation.
    Working backwards:
    Sunday night, interviews, putting together pieces, Monday assigning teams and reviewing information, seeking subpeonas starting warrants, Tuesday deciding on and allocating external resources and a public statement, Wednesday morning a public statement.

Always strange to me that there was not a public request for anyone seeing ANY vehicle in the area. Not just a strange vehicle, but any vehicle remembered.
    Perhaps there is video of Hwy 50 south and north of Hwy 225.

11. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Gosh!
    Was there no public request?

12. MassGuy

MassGuy On Time Out

Nope. Which was the first clue that this was not a suspected kidnapping, but rather, a homicide investigation with a suspect.

They didn’t ask for reports about suspicious vehicles, nor did they put out an official missing persons flyer with a physical description of Suzanne (like we see when an abduction is a possibility).

Something must have told them early on what they were dealing with.

13. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

This was the CCSO first press release about SM being reported missing: Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff

No BOLO at all, no request to the public.

This was the second one, 2 days later when they already had numerous outside agencies on board, and already had the house on PP locked down (BM was not allowed in when he arrived from Broomfield, so they locked it up tight, immediately):
    Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff

The only request from the CCSO to the public was to call the tip line if you have info.

The only thing that makes sense is, once they arrived on site, they already suspected what most of us do, and they had no reason really, to ask the public anything because they knew the public wasn't going to be of any assistance. They saw or heard or found (or all of the above) something, by the end of the evening on Sunday, Mother's Day, to know they had a criminal investigation on their hands (as Spezze made clear).

And, all of that is entirely jmo.

14. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

MOO not for a vehicle. Not sure there was a missing poster either until later.

15. Trackergd

This makes a lot of sense.

16. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

Remains Found in Landfills? Mistakes?
    @FromGermany Yes, BM may have followed and learned from Patrick Frazee's murder of Kelsey Berreth. In that case, LE's extensive landfill search did not locate KB's remains or other significant evd there.

In several homicide cases I recall, LE retrieved a body or body parts from a landfill, sufficient to put perp in the slammer for a lllooonnnggg stretch. In learning one lesson (putting remains in landfill) to evade a homicide charge, a perp may overlook a couple other points leading LE to his doorstep and eventually to his new, cozy accommodations in the hoosegow.

One case happened in, guess where, Colorado! A Grand Junction, CO. married woman & her 6 yo daughter disappeared suddenly & unexpectedly in Nov. 2001. LE found the woman's body in landfill in June 2002, but not dau, presumed dead. Murder 1 conviction. Timeline Of Events: Michael Blagg Murder Trials Feb. 1018. Offhand I don't remember enough info to search & link other landfill cases.

17. Minordetails

Minordetails Well-Known Member

18. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Over a thousand miles away in Montana? Just a guess but it's not very likely it's SM.
    It's someone's loved one though, and I hope they can ID her quickly and get her home to family.

19. NoSI

NoSI Well-Known Member

BAM! as @Warwick7 would say! Great post @steeltowngirl!

20. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.