Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know...

Regarding friends of BM's that are younger than him. I don't think they look up to him. Sure, they might like him, consider him a friend, co-worker. I also don't think he has any control over them. If anything, I believe BM looks up to them, their youth, military careers, freedom, as an example. What's really impressive about BM? He's just a dude that I think lost interest in his marriage once moving to CO. I think BM used his work to stay away from his home and wife. I don't think these guys, especially GD, could be manipulated by BM. I also don't think they would cover for him and risk prison, their own families for a dude from Indiana, that moved to CO, named Barry Morphew. IMO
But if has narcissistic personality qualities ... it’s easy to get gas lighted by him . Not saying he does, just If he did.
MOO

Last edited:
I don't know...

Regarding friends of BM's that are younger than him. I don't think they look up to him. Sure, they might like him, consider him a friend, co-worker. I also don't think he has any control over them. If anything, I believe BM looks up to them, their youth, military careers, freedom, as an example. What's really impressive about BM? He's just a dude that I think lost interest in his marriage once moving to CO. I think BM used his work to stay away from his home and wife. I don't think these guys, especially GD, could be manipulated by BM. I also don't think they would cover for him and risk prison, their own families for a dude from Indiana, that moved to CO, named Barry Morphew. IMO
I think the youngest ones, the ones like CC, MG, JP were definitely impressed with the rich dude in town. After all he provided them with a paycheck. That gives him some measure of control. He hung out at the gym with them. MG was willing to drop everything and go to Broomfield for him after a 4:00 a.m. phone call. It’s like fans in love with a movie star. I think MG might have had a crush on him and he strung it along. I think MG soon realized she was being used as part of BM’s alibi. She was allegedly interviewed by LE five times. I imagine they leaned on her and threatened her with being charged as an accessory after the fact. She made a statement that implied she hadn’t told them everything. It was something like, “I was mostly truthful”. That crew saw how fast he turned on them. They were fired, called meth heads, and in the case of JP, his prior criminal record was thrown out in public. BM is not a nice man.
As far as the more mature and more accomplished friends, I think they were really tight. They trained together. They often worked together. You can build up a close relationship in two years. I think he and GD belonged to the Mutual Admiration Society.
If one of your best buds came to you and said he was being falsely accused in the disappearance of his wife and that he needed some help, do you say, “ I can’t do/say that.” And you go to LE and tell them.
OR do you say, “That is so wrong! How can I help?”

I think the youngest ones, the ones like CC, MG, JP were definitely impressed with the rich dude in town. After all he provided them with a paycheck. That gives him some measure of control. He hung out at the gym with them. MG was willing to drop everything and go to Broomfield for him after a 4:00 a.m. phone call. It’s like fans in love with a movie star. I think MG might have had a crush on him and he strung it along. I think MG soon realized she was being used as part of BM’s alibi. She was allegedly interviewed by LE five times. I imagine they leaned on her and threatened her with being charged as an accessory after the fact. She made a statement that implied she hadn’t told them everything. It was something like, “I was mostly truthful”. That crew saw how fast he turned on them. They were fired, called meth heads, and in the case of JP, his prior criminal record was thrown out in public. BM is not a nice man.
As far as the more mature and more accomplished friends, I think they were really tight. They trained together. They often worked together. You can build up a close relationship in two years. I think he and GD belonged to the Mutual Admiration Society.
If one of your best buds came to you and said he was being falsely accused in the disappearance of his wife and that he needed some help, do you say, “ I can’t do/say that.” And you go to LE and tell them.
I couldn’t agree with you more . He absolutely did have a certain level of control as well . They were depending on him for their paychecks like you said ! MG was interviewed 5 times ???
Moo

Thank you. The bolded. My statement earlier, I was not referring to his employees CC, MG or JP. I didn't consider them friends of BM. I agree with your assessment of them.

My statement was focused on GD mainly and that circle of friends. I don't think that guy would risk his livelihood, freedom and family for BM. I do think he would physically search for the missing wife of a friend or co-worker. I also think he would do the same for the neighbor down the road he doesn't know. I don't get bad vibes about him like others here do. I personally view BM as weak-minded and a follower of those guys. IMO

Wow!!! So 2/3 employees talked but the 3rd woman wouldn't? Wonder what that's all about...

IIRC, two of the three talked to LS (news reporter) while the other one would not. I don't blame him for not talking to LS or any media. As long as he cooperated (and continues to) with LE is all that matters IMO.

IIRC, two of the three talked to LS (news reporter) while the other one would not. I don't blame him for not talking to LS or any media. As long as he cooperated (and continues to) with LE is all that matters IMO.

Agreed completely. He was under no obligation at all to speak to anyone in the media.
And after hearing how BM slandered the other 2 on that crew after they did, I don't blame him one bit for choosing to stay out of it.

jmo

Agreed completely. He was under no obligation at all to speak to anyone in the media.
And after hearing how BM slandered the other 2 on that crew after they did, I don't blame him one bit for choosing to stay out of it.

jmo

That could be a reason he didn’t talk, fear of BM & his job. I tend to think it was more than that. I’m sure once his name was out there as connected to this case through BM, social media, as an example, wanted their pound of flesh. He was probably ripped to shreds, his background and family put out there. Most of it probably lies, wild accusations. I do think social media, especially these Facebook groups, are such a thorn in the side to LE. Once a non fact is out there, it’s hard to bring it back in. It’s probably one of the reasons LE rarely gives more facts about a case anymore. I can only imagine the damage done to the individual person. IMO

That could be a reason he didn’t talk, fear of BM & his job. I tend to think it was more than that. I’m sure once his name was out there as connected to this case through BM, social media, as an example, wanted their pound of flesh. He was probably ripped to shreds, his background and family put out there. Most of it probably lies, wild accusations. I do think social media, especially these Facebook groups, are such a thorn in the side to LE. Once a non fact is out there, it’s hard to bring it back in. It’s probably one of the reasons LE rarely gives more facts about a case anymore. I can only imagine the damage done to the individual person. IMO
I totally agree. Can you imagine being in such a position and getting raked over the coals all over social media by complete strangers?

I hope none of us ever have to experience that. It’s so unfair for innocent families. JMO.

Well said. It seems to get worse all the time.

Who Started Trash Talking?
In reading Sept 10, 2020 story, I saw this (bbm) which I had not noticed before. "She says she heard from Barry again, days after, through text. “He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn’t staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,”... I feel like if he was innocent, he would have talked to me. I worked with him every day for a long time.”
bbm sbm
“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

We recall his meth head trash talk; does anyone know if BM publicly name called before or after MG's ^ stmt?

In reading Sept 10, 2020 story, I saw this (bbm) which I had not noticed before. "She says she heard from Barry again, days after, through text. “He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn’t staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,”... I feel like if he was innocent, he would have talked to me. I worked with him every day for a long time.”
bbm sbm
“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

We recall his meth head trash talk; does anyone know if BM publicly name called before or after MG's ^ stmt?

In reading Sept 10, 2020 story, I saw this (bbm) which I had not noticed before. "She says she heard from Barry again, days after, through text. “He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn’t staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,”... “I feel like if he was innocent, he would have talked to me. I worked with him every day for a long time.”
bbm sbm

I’ll have to go back and look, but the only time I remember BM speaking publicly, aside from the 26 sec. video and the secret TD recording, he was defending himself and making accusations against others. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn