Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably does . Tbh , they usually always insert themselves!!!

moo

Exactly! And it has happened here before. IIRC, there was a mother that had been a poster here before and after she murdered her child. I can't remember the case name but it definitely happened. We have also seen lawyers use info from here while in court. Websleuths was up on their computer screen in the court room. My memory is garbage, but I think it was either during Jodi Arias or Caylee Anthony. I'm sure someone here can correct me. Jmo

Exactly! And it has happened here before. IIRC, there was a mother that had been a poster here before and after she murdered her child. I can't remember the case name but it definitely happened. We have also seen lawyers use info from here while in court. Websleuths was up on their computer screen in the court room. My memory is garbage, but I think it was either during Jodi Arias or Caylee Anthony. I'm sure someone here can correct me. Jmo

A memorable example of lawyers using Websleuths posts was during the Kelsey Berreth case.

MassGuy said it here first about Krystal Kenney: “All she didn’t do was swing the bat.”

IIRC, prosecutor Dan May used the quote during the trial, and Kelsey’s mother repeated the quote, which was published in multiple media sources.

A memorable example of lawyers using Websleuths posts was during the Kelsey Berreth case.

MassGuy said it here first about Krystal Kenney: “All she didn’t do was swing the bat.”

IIRC, prosecutor Dan May used the quote during the trial, and Kelsey’s mother repeated the quote, which was published in multiple media sources.

I also believe many law officials read here, most definitely defense attorneys. We give them MANY ideas of how suspects could have gotten away with things and then we offer ideas about how those ideas can be dispelled or actually work.... then sometimes, defense attorneys post narratives (obviously under false names while pretending to be just everyday websleuth participants). Usually, they start their posts with "just playing devils advocate" and then all the good people here tell them everything that is right or wrong about their "devils advocate theory". And that's how a defense attorney gets help determining what defense to use... just saying.

I need to go back and relisten to the interview room cuz a name caught my ear and I need to see if it matches something else I noticed immediately following his video. Things that make me go hmmmmm jmo

That just gave me chills I love that so much . I hope Kelsey is smiling down and in peace .

IMO the theory of abduction , trafficked is right there with the ludicrous wild cat attack. Abduction? OK let’s talk about if she was a abducted from the house there’s going to be evidence of a break in or a struggle or signs of foul play? Sorry, but Suzanne is not a sex trafficking target in my opinion at all. Suzanne did not takeoff and start a new life in my opinion, She had never taken off before and she’s not going to just takeoff at 49. So I’m convinced her husband, Barry, has not been honest. Could be wrong, but Barry has not done anything in my opinion to prove his innocence. Take a lie detector , Barry.

moo

1) When was she murdered?
2) How was she murdered?
3) Why was she murdered?
4) Where was she murdered?

Is it essential for the prosecution to have definite answers to these questions? Is ok for the prosecution to be vague in the details when explaining what happened to Suzanne?

1) When was she murdered?
2) How was she murdered?
3) Why was she murdered?
4) Where was she murdered?

Is it essential for the prosecution to have definite answers to these questions? Is ok for the prosecution to be vague in the details when explaining what happened to Suzanne?
Good post !
LE prob. have most of these questions answered except # 2 and 4.

I am confident in the justice process in this state and investigation; that they can prosecute successfully for a 'no body' case.

Imo there has to be a plethora of unrevealed evidence.
I also keep hope that when Suzanne's brother mentioned that LE just needed to 'seal the envelope' that all LE would want is Suzanne's remains.
They may have enough to proceed without Suzanne.

Imo, she IS deceased.
Justice is coming, Suzanne !!!!

Regarding Cosentino, he gave that interview at the beginning of the investigation without having seen or heard any of its facts or evidence. So I just disregard that as a baseless opinion which was unprofessional at that point in time.
There are many more I am forgetting but they all point to BM not a stranger or Internet conspiracies.
Theories are all any of us have, and speculation. And after looking at the map I agree that she might not have been killed there. Isn't most of the information we are receiving from her family, or second hand, and unless we know what the Investigators on the case know, everyone is speculating what might have happened based on circumstantial evidence.

I'm just trying to offer other theories besides the most obvious ones, because my gut instincts tell me the crime was committed by a practiced killer. Someone confident enough to put all of the pieces together in a way that left the investigators with little to no evidence.

So here is my new theory: An acquaintance of the husband, and man with a long list of felonies, got close to a man who was having relationship problems, possibly by doing drugs or some other unsavory act with the husband that left the husband unable to tell the whole truth without tarnishing his character further, maybe the story the husband would tell seems so outlandish, no one would believe him, and they would automatically think he's guilty. The husbands wife is a very beautiful woman, and vulnerable in a way our career criminal knows will let him get close to her. He shows up at her house on Saturday evening.
Knock, Knock, guess where your scoundrel of a husband is right now. In a cheap hotel on the outskirts of Denver. Do you want some company?
She knows this man. He's a friend and a coworker of her husband and confused and lonely she lets him in.
We can guess what happens next.
But all of this is just a theory, based on things I've seen and read, and the fact that this acquaintance, although went to Denver, lives in downtown Silidas, minutes from Suzannes house.

My next theory is about the involvement of the FBI. This acquaintance of the husband, who is also a career criminal, committed most of his crimes in another state, so he if he committed this crime, he is an interstate criminal, and the FBI is on to him. They are tracking a suspected serial killer who hasn't been caught.
But all of this is just a theory, based on facts I'm not allowed to mention.

Theories are all any of us have, and speculation. And after looking at the map I agree that she might not have been killed there. Isn't most of the information we are receiving from her family, or second hand, and unless we know what the Investigators on the case know, everyone is speculating what might have happened based on circumstantial evidence. I've been following since Day 1 and each time I think I have my mind made up about the sequence of events and those responsible for the disappearance of the lovely Suzanne, another WSleuther stops by with yet another plausible theory! We are all in one giant (seemingly endless) game of "Clue".​

Theories are all any of us have, and speculation. And after looking at the map I agree that she might not have been killed there. Isn't most of the information we are receiving from her family, or second hand, and unless we know what the Investigators on the case know, everyone is speculating what might have happened based on circumstantial evidence.

I'm just trying to offer other theories besides the most obvious ones, because my gut instincts tell me the crime was committed by a practiced killer. Someone confident enough to put all of the pieces together in a way that left the investigators with little to no evidence.

So here is my new theory: An acquaintance of the husband, and man with a long list of felonies, got close to a man who was having relationship problems, possibly by doing drugs or some other unsavory act with the husband that left the husband unable to tell the whole truth without tarnishing his character further, maybe the story the husband would tell seems so outlandish, no one would believe him, and they would automatically think he's guilty. The husbands wife is a very beautiful woman, and vulnerable in a way our career criminal knows will let him get close to her. He shows up at her house on Saturday evening.
Knock, Knock, guess where your scoundrel of a husband is right now. In a cheap hotel on the outskirts of Denver. Do you want some company?
She knows this man. He's a friend and a coworker of her husband and confused and lonely she lets him in.
But all of this is just a theory, based on things I've seen and read, and the fact that this acquaintance, although went to Denver, lives in downtown Silidas, minutes from Suzannes house.

My next theory is about the involvement of the FBI. This acquaintance of the husband, who is also a career criminal, committed most of his crimes in another state, so he if he committed this crime, he is an interstate criminal, and the FBI is on to him. They are tracking a suspected serial killer who hasn't been caught.

I've followed this case from the beginning. Members have dissected and reviewed the facts, and yes there are facts. For breivity, I cite LE's actions and BM's actions. For further details, refer to the timeline.

I've seen one poster after another fall off the fence as the larger picture has come in focus.

This theory seems to me to be a fantastic grasping argument. However, if I consider, for a millisecond, that the theory is plausible, it crumbles completely when I think that BM would keep quiet to protect his "reputation." Seriously? He would throw this imaginary culprit under the bus in a heartbeat.

There will be no convoluted plot exposed when this goes to trial, only the sadly common story of domestic abuse, turned deadly at the hands of a controlling husband. IMHO.

I appreciate your theories and speculation . I can guarantee you that if the FBI or US marshals were tracking and trying to catch a serial killer in another state the public would know .

moo

I appreciate your theories and speculation . I can guarantee you that if the FBI or US marshals were tracking and trying to catch a serial killer in another state the public would know .

moo
bbm
Agreed. ^^^

As well as the fact that LE have never, not once, alluded to searching for some acquaintance who has a criminal record.
And for the record, the fact that BM threw an employee under the bus speaks volumes about BM's character.
Or the lack thereof.
Sad and pathetic behavior from a person who prides himself on his public appearance and persona.

Very unfair for this husband and employer to point out to the public the past misdeeds of a man who was trying to obtain legitimate work and did not deserve such treatment.
That Suzanne would willingly let this same acquaintance into the home when her husband was out of town on a jobsite is laughable according to Suzanne's siblings and the Moorman family and her loyal friends, at best.
Didn't happen.
Everyone who knew and cared about Suzanne spoke about her devotion to her family, fgs.

And even the one person LE keeps coming back to -- BM -- said they had a good marriage.
A woman who is happy will not allow an employee of her husband inside her home while she was alone in a remote location.
Imo, MOO, and all that.

Last edited:
Theories are all any of us have, and speculation. And after looking at the map I agree that she might not have been killed there. Isn't most of the information we are receiving from her family, or second hand, and unless we know what the Investigators on the case know, everyone is speculating what might have happened based on circumstantial evidence. I've been following since Day 1 and each time I think I have my mind made up about the sequence of events and those responsible for the disappearance of the lovely Suzanne, another WSleuther stops by with yet another plausible theory! We are all in one giant (seemingly endless) game of "Clue".​
I am sorry that this post above looks like it is mine in its entirety. It isn't. I am a fumbler at splitting/replying to a fellow sleuther. With apologies.

I've followed this case from the beginning. Members have dissected and reviewed the facts, and yes there are facts. For breivity, I cite LE's actions and BM's actions. For further details, refer to the timeline.

I've seen one poster after another fall off the fence as the larger picture has come in focus.

This theory seems to me to be a fantastic grasping argument. However, if I consider, for a millisecond, that the theory is plausible, it crumbles completely when I think that BM would keep quiet to protect his "reputation." Seriously? He would throw this imaginary culprit under the bus in a heartbeat.

There will be no convoluted plot exposed when this goes to trial, only the sadly common story of domestic abuse, turned deadly at the hands of a controlling husband. IMHO.

Maybe BM doesn't know, or he was told to keep quiet, or he was involved in some way.
The truth is likely a mixture of the theories. I'm leaning toward a possible conspiracy to commit murder on the husbands part. But I think a seasoned killer committed this crime. BM doesn't strike me as a pro. He is more like a heavy handed husband, or average . Maybe. But everyone is innocent until proven guilty.
I guess when I see a case like this, nine months later and still no person of interest, and the FBI involved I think that the plot to this crime is probably more complicated than we know.
And for the record, I'm not criticizing anyone's theories, the whole point of this thread is to share ideas, not publicly hang any certain person. Everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty, and anything I say is merely a theory based on the facts as I see them.

appreciate your theories and speculation . I can guarantee you that if the FBI or US marshals were tracking and trying to catch a serial killer in another state the public would know .

Maybe. But they are keeping things quiet on this case. Don't you think. They haven't said anything. They've asked the family to stop talking to the press. BM claims he spoke to investigators for thirty hours and they never asked him to take a polygraph. Did law enforcement ever come out and tell everyone they had asked? I'm not finding anything, only the claims by the brother that he refused.

And the polygraph again is just a tool like the dogs. Guilty people pass, and innocent people fail. Lawyers will advise clients not to take it sometimes. But it does make someone appear to have something to hide if they say no.
Sometimes releasing too much information can hinder an investigation, tip off the killer and make them destroy evidence, or disappear. So I get it.

What I'm having a problem with is why havent they arrested him. How the hell did he pull this off without leaving any evidence. I don't know. I guess you cant tell alot about someone in a twenty six second video but he doesn't seem that sophisticated. Or cool. I guess. Maybe he's the worlds greatest liar.
And the FBI involvement. There is more to this than we know.

Very unfair for this husband and employer to point out to the public the past misdeeds of a man who was trying to obtain legitimate work and did not deserve such treatment.
That Suzanne would willingly let this same acquaintance into the home when her husband was out of town on a jobsite is laughable according to Suzanne's siblings and the Moorman family and her loyal
I don't think BM accused the acquaintance of anything. Other than saying he spent nine years in jail. I just thought Mr. multiple felony's public roasting of BM was a little over the top. It's the only reason I even considered looking at him at all. There is a correlation between repeat felons and violent crimes. Not saying he's guilty, just saying he is someone I would look at.
I don't think trusting a friend of her husband's makes Suzanne a bad person, whatsoever. These guys are really good at knowing what to say to gain a person's trust. And you can't always tell what a person is capable of by looking at them.
Which goes back to BM. Maybe he is more sophisticated than he seems. I don't know.
I'm convinced this crime was someone with experience committing crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77