Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm SO glad rando social media & youtubery is not allowed here as a source for anything, other than where the trash is.

jmo
Seems the wave of the future in crime, crowd sourced information
The San Luis Obispo sheriff in the arrests in the ‘96 Kristen Smart case press conference just gave much credit to the podcast “Your own Backyard” by Chris Lambert

Doubtful he’d refer to such help and dedication as trash or rando, sounds like a bit too broad of brush you paint with here
ETA: Her family’s statement today also gives many thanks as well to Chris Lambert

Last edited:
The San Luis Obispo sheriff in the arrests in the ‘96 Kristen Smart case press conference just gave much credit to the podcast “Your own Backyard” by Chris Lambert

Doubtful he’d refer to such help and dedication as trash or rando, sounds like a bit too broad of brush you paint with here
ETA: Her family’s statement today also gives many thanks as well to Chris Lambert

It comes down to a level of professionalism. I'm not familiar with Chris Lambert but I know in general, LE absolutely hates all the meddling, rumor and drama the rando social media stars seem to drum up. In numerous cases I've followed over the last few years, they have quite often issued press releases specifically telling people to dial it back, that the drama and rumors do NOT help, it's a waste of their resources, etc. It's not broadbrushing at all, to say that most of these folks (like the ones in the Orrin and Orson West case that are completely out of control and is being covered by Bakersfield MSM) have no idea what they're doing, and causing more trouble than anything else - and this comes directly from LE, not me.

I'm going to guess this Lambert fellow is a cut above this kind of idiocy. I can count on 1 hand, the number of dignified, professional youtubers that I'm aware of, that have raised the bar, big time. They're not the drama queens LE is warning the public about.

jmo

I’m sitting here tonight thinking of the Kristin Smart case. She went missing in 1996, and it appears that LE knew who they liked for her disappearance right off the bat. They found something concrete 20 years later that tied them to that suspect, yet it took another five years before they actually made an arrest.
We don’t know what is going on with Suzanne’s case, and we have no idea what kind of evidence LE has. I hope justice doesn’t not take as long for Suzanne.

I don’t want to get too far off topic, but there’s a huge difference between a thoroughly researched podcast like the one you mentioned vs Facebook groups where anyone can say what they want with no standard of credibility. Apple vs orange and the comparison doesn’t make sense.

I wonder what set the bell off in the head of whomever tossed the not so baby blue imo aqua blue bike helmet at the point that they abandoned it. What set them off that made them say "hey I better toss that helmet, or omg I forgot about the helmet in my vehicle or if I want them to believe she was abducted I need to discard this helmet for proof" why only the bike and helmet? Why not a shoe, or phone, or water bottle, or backpack or sunglasses or gloves or tire pump or all the other items you take with biking? Why only 1 item? Was the trigger a photo of her wearing it? Or something someone said? Or a way to sway an unwavering le? Was that frantic dig in the trash connected to that tossed helmet? Was it put into the trash previous and a change came about to place it in a more visible area to go along with a ruse? Were all the fingerprints also wiped off the helmet? Were SMs fingerprints on it, they surely should have been. Was it tested for evidence of trash remnants, like soda, gum, cigarette ashes, hair dna?

Just to be perfectly clear, while I agree completely with LE's frequent criticism youtubers and social media darlings, broadcasting lies, rumors and gossip, and stirring up strife in the local community of a current case, I've made it quite clear there is a world of difference between the former, and responsible, true crime social media folks that bring a fantastic new level of respect and professionalism to the the table.

And YES, you can bet your bottom dollar I will continue to criticize them.
They're a flippin' nuisance and need to get off social media.
These people target completely innocent people, start posting all sorts of crap about them on public platforms, because they're pretending like they're the next up and coming investigative journalist or undercover detective, or something. They have no idea what they're doing, don't know jack about genuine journalistic integrity, and likewise, know nothing about the laws about slander and libel. And most of the time, act like they don't even care.
They bring nothing of value to the table, as they just pander in lies, rumor and gossip.

Essentially, they're 100% Anti-WS, since this is a FACT BASED true crime discussion forum.
1000 likes!

My thoughts on so many random Youtubers regarding true crime, I have followed cases where LE has stated out right “the rumor mill has vastly hurt the investigations” and have begged the rumors stop. LE has to chase down “every credible lead” which can tie up their resources & time. I won’t follow those youtubers and not sure why people do. It’s 95% sensationalism & embellished rumors. Most imo are grifters, making $$ off tragedies, not really adding to solving the cases. Some people live for “drama *advertiser censored*”. MOO

Something has been bothering me...I'm wondering if maybe Barry told the neighbor that she went for a bike ride and that is why she reported missing at that area? So maybe instead of asking her to check the bike...he actually said she told him?

MOO

I love crowd sourcing. Heck, that’s what we do here. There will always be hangers-on and people that perceive themselves as “journalists” or investigators. I have enough of a brain to separate the wheat from the chaff. There are kernels of information in all sorts of places, even sometimes buried in gossip and rumors. WS has its rules, and we abide by them here. That doesn’t mean I don’t read everything I can get my eyes on. Lots of publications were considered part of the rag trade years ago, and are now thought of as MSM. True crime is big biz. If a clue turns up in a seedy place, so be it. I don’t judge-well I don’t judge much.

I love crowd sourcing. Heck, that’s what we do here. There will always be hangers-on and people that perceive themselves as “journalists” or investigators. I have enough of a brain to separate the wheat from the chaff. There are kernels of information in all sorts of places, even sometimes buried in gossip and rumors. WS has its rules, and we abide by them here. That doesn’t mean I don’t read everything I can get my eyes on. Lots of publications were considered part of the rag trade years ago, and are now thought of as MSM. True crime is big biz. If a clue turns up in a seedy place, so be it. I don’t judge-well I don’t judge much.
I am with you 1000%- finding the needle in the haystack - can make all the difference. As you said separating the wheat from the chaff !

I wonder what set the bell off in the head of whomever tossed the not so baby blue imo aqua blue bike helmet at the point that they abandoned it. What set them off that made them say "hey I better toss that helmet, or omg I forgot about the helmet in my vehicle or if I want them to believe she was abducted I need to discard this helmet for proof" why only the bike and helmet? Why not a shoe, or phone, or water bottle, or backpack or sunglasses or gloves or tire pump or all the other items you take with biking? Why only 1 item? Was the trigger a photo of her wearing it? Or something someone said? Or a way to sway an unwavering le? Was that frantic dig in the trash connected to that tossed helmet? Was it put into the trash previous and a change came about to place it in a more visible area to go along with a ruse? Were all the fingerprints also wiped off the helmet? Were SMs fingerprints on it, they surely should have been. Was it tested for evidence of trash remnants, like soda, gum, cigarette ashes, hair dna?
No one knows what the item is that was located so I don’t know where you’re getting the helmet from.

He sold the home on Puma Path within the tiny subdivision, this was in a common area he planted them
I don’t know when planted or if it’s the receipt of tree purchase mentioned after Andy’s search in the fall
I think you’re confusing a lot of things here.

He sold Puma Path, which is where they lived. The subdivision property is in Salida.

The supposed tree is just a picture. There has been no mention of it’s location I’m aware of or is there any proof that Barry is the one who planted it.

My thoughts on so many random Youtubers regarding true crime, I have followed cases where LE has stated out right “the rumor mill has vastly hurt the investigations” and have begged the rumors stop. LE has to chase down “every credible lead” which can tie up their resources & time. I won’t follow those youtubers and not sure why people do. It’s 95% sensationalism & embellished rumors. Most imo are grifters, making $$ off tragedies, not really adding to solving the cases. Some people live for “drama *advertiser censored*”. MOO
Totally agree. We’ve seen so many cases once concluded to discover a lot of what was reported to be complete bs.

I think you’re confusing a lot of things here.

He sold Puma Path, which is where they lived. The subdivision property is in Salida.

The supposed tree is just a picture. There has been no mention of it’s location I’m aware of or is there any proof that Barry is the one who planted it.

He also sold off the Longhorn Ranch property.

“But the family home is not the only property Barry has offloaded in recent months.

Back in February, he also sold a two-acre plot of land in Salida back for $150,000.

Barry had only purchased that plot of land in June of last year - just weeks after Suzanne disappeared.”

Husband of missing mom Suzanne Morphew sells off their home for $1.6M 10 months after disappearance | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I think first we need to learn for fact that it was a bike helmet that was tossed. I have not seen that established as fact. If she was abducted perhaps if it turns out to be a helmet it was removed when she was restrained and tossed as the abductor sped west toward the pass and away from the communities in the area. If you wanted a getaway west makes the most sense. By the date that Barry stopped at the store he was probably aware her helmet was missing as LE would be looking in their home for evidence of a bike ride. So it is not a leap for me to conclude she wore bike shorts and the helmet. He or the daughters may have been able to figure out what shirt she wore once they were back in the home but that would have been after he stopped at the convenience store.

I wonder what set the bell off in the head of whomever tossed the not so baby blue imo aqua blue bike helmet at the point that they abandoned it. What set them off that made them say "hey I better toss that helmet, or omg I forgot about the helmet in my vehicle or if I want them to believe she was abducted I need to discard this helmet for proof" why only the bike and helmet?
RSBM

Abductors have no reason or need to toss "clues" And no one speeding away from the scene of a crime is going to take the chance of being seen tossing a helmet, Why Bother? If it was the helmet, rest assured it was planted evidence as the original bait was compromised according to Barry... "My buddy was there right after [they found her bike], and he said that they completely destroyed the evidence, and he tried to stop them, but they wouldn't listen to him...."the sheriffs Department completely obliterated it."

I would consider any object that can be identified as belonging to SM, located outside of the PP residence, that does not have her prints (or any prints) on it to be planted evidence. To me it's the same thing as an abduction site or missing person Place Last Seen with no footprints. Someone has taken the time to remove unique and identifying evidence of their involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member