CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyedaze

skyedaze Well-Known Member

I have to agree there, gross as it is. Anybody seen Jimmy Hoffa lately? Supposedly he is in a concrete freeway.

2. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

DBM
    Thanks Ontario Mom! :mad:

3. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

In Salida? During CoVid? No idea. But on a good day, the Medical Examiner's lab where I live can have first results within 12 hours - no more than 3 days if the situation is complex.

I would think they'd have to send the samples to CoS or Denver. Maybe the FBI can do it more quickly (very likely). But I wouldn't think that would be the first step regarding the dig site. For the house, yes. Or if they have a piece of bone or other tissue.

It can be done within hours, if the system allows it.

4. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

But also, being a firefighter, he would have extensive knowledge about that sort of thing. I’m not saying this is what happened for sure, but their fireplace does look pretty large to me.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Kyte, happyday, violet67 and 5 others like this.
  5. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

Obviously no other evidence has pointed the investigators to another suspect or they would have done that already. They would not be searching and sifting where they are and wasting all this time if evidence had not led them there. This is painstaking work.

6. Herat

Herat Way out West

CBI Lab is in Lakewood, essentially in Denver. A quick drive or private plane flight to Denver, overnight turnaround and they'd likely have it in less than 24 hours.

Kyte, happyday, Steph8angels and 6 others like this.
  7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

8. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

We have a wood chipper that fits in a regular size shed. My brilliant idea for making our own mulch not realizing how many branches and trees you’d need to make a decent amount of mulch - let’s not talk about it. But that said, I don’t know how you’d clean it. They have big gas engines attached. I guess you’d take it all apart but it would take a long time?

9. branmuffin

branmuffin Well-Known Member

Is there a house on this property or is the concrete slab for a home without a basement?

Blue Amethyst and Fireflize like this.
  10. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

Yes there would be. I think a metal detector would be useless MOO

11. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

12. pocketaccent

pocketaccent Well-Known Member

Could be. But those would be evenly spaced. So LE must have found something unusual where they decided to dig.

Blue Amethyst, Murphy1950 and carbuff like this.
  13. AbbysMom

AbbysMom Active Member

I completely agree with what you're saying and, if he is responsible, the death sentence is not good enough for him. However, on the flip side, if he wasn't involved in her death - and we don't know for sure; heck, we don't even know if she is dead - then all of the terrible rumors, FB posts, and hurtful things people have put out on social media are just as mean and harmful to her daughters. I can't even imagine what they're going through. I've even read comments suggesting the girls are responsible. And the attacks on Barry's elderly mother are beyond terrible.

14. everybodhi

everybodhi Verified Cosmopolitan Bias

dbm after seeing someone else already posted the info

LietKynes and Fireflize like this.
  15. skyedaze

So I am way behind trying to catch up...but they were also searching the family residence and have outdoor areas taped off. He could have done something like that at the residence...and then disposed of whatever he had or was left at the other site.

One thing for sure...there are digging up areas connected to him. He is the common denominator. They must have other information about him we just don't know for sure.

Something I can't stop thinking about...part of me really hopes they do not find her at this construction site under that concrete. Because if they do there really is no doubt he did this....and how will that kind of revelation impact the two daughters. That's just so wrong and so sad.

Sconnie, Warwick7, happyday and 13 others like this.
  16. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

In Salida? During CoVid? No idea. But on a good day, the Medical Examiner's lab where I live can have first results within 12 hours - no more than 3 days if the situation is complex.

I would think they'd have to send the samples to CoS or Denver. Maybe the FBI can do it more quickly (very likely).

But I wouldn't think that would be the first step regarding the dig site. For the house, yes. Or if they have a piece of bone or tissue.

17. skyedaze

Well and it's easy to offer up a ton of money, when you KNOW no one has a chance of getting it. Because you know no one out there has her....because you know exactly where she is and how she got there....cuz you are the one who put her there.
    JMHO

18. BoatyMcboatface

BoatyMcboatface Well-Known Member

I thought it was weird that the nephew (spokesman) never went on tv. Lauren Scharf just said in her Facebook live that not showing his face was his requirement. She also said he stopped responding to media inquiries.

19. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Masks Are Critical Not Political

Just my opinion but I don't think there's any way that LE would go to the lengths they are to find SM if they didn't have some reason to think she met with foul play. I have absolutely no idea what their reasons are, but I'd bet dimes to donuts they know something (many things) we don't.

20. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

I found the link myself and:

“Due to [the coronavirus pandemic], our firefighters have not been attending any trainings sponsored by us,” Bertram said, adding that sometimes firefighters will pay for training courses on their own. The fire chief said he had heard, rather, that Morphew had been working a landscaping job in Denver on May 10."

‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.