CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

MOO they did not quite say they found nothing. They found nothing to connect the search to Suzanne Morphew at this time.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  2. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

Anyone concerned that LE is ignoring possibility of SM having been kidnapped?
    AFAIK, LE has made no stmt saying: In this case we are investigating the possibility of a kidnapping.
    If LE were to make such an announcement, would it give anyone peace of mind that LE is conducting a thorough investigation & would gather sufficient evidence to end in arrest, prosecution, trial, and conviction of the perp(s)?
    Doubtful, but jmo.

Nor has LE issued a stmt saying: In this case we are investigating the possibility that a flying saucer landed on Hwy 50, little green men hopped out, used ray guns to kill SM, put her remains in flying saucer, and headed back to their planet. If LE made such an announcement, would it give anyone peace of mind that LE is conducting a thorough investigation, etc. Doubtful, but jmo.

My point (sorry, if it sounded snarky): LE is obligated to investigate MPs & crimes (we don't know which it is ATM) &
    LE is not obligated to release investigation strategy, results, or info to the public.
    Sometimes LE makes appeal to public for info,:cool: sometimes LE does not. :cool:
    As @bancam posted,:) not yet time to wring hands over LE's approach.:)

3. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

NEW THREAD COMING IN 10 MINUTES WHEN THIS ONE WILL CLOSE.
    PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY....

4. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Today's press release. Bold by me.

May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

"Investigators searched several locations on the property; however, they were unable to make any connection to Suzanne Morphew’s case at this time. Details about the search are not available, as this is part of the active investigation."

So yeah. We wait.

5. DatelineFan

DatelineFan Well-Known Member

I respect your opinion, but I think it requires one to make some assumptions. We simply don't know what happened that day, or what exactly LE responded to. I doubt we will know for a while. But I'm inclined to think that this was treated differently from the start because it was actually different from the start. LE seems to have been methodical in regards to their response here, and I don't think we have enough data to say otherwise.

6. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

This ^^^

That ^^^

Flicka1, d4j, AnnaGrace and 19 others like this.
  7. CronesEye

CronesEye Well-Known Member

"Short answer is, she's known to ride on Sunday."

That's why they always say to vary your routine.

Where is that sourced from if you don't mind me asking?

8. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

It's in the very first sheriff's press release about her being missing. Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff

"On May 10, 2020 at 1746 hours the Chaffee County Communications Center received a report of a missing female in the area on County Road 225 and West Highway 50.

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and contacted the reporting party. They advised that their neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from the Maysville area had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home."

9. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

Whose Name for Acct. from Gimme Proceeds. Daughters?
    @vaporlass Thanks for your response.

Agreeing w you 100%. $$$ should not go to person responsible for SM's disappearance.

Flicka1, Echo44, Lori Cooper and 9 others like this.
  10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Given the posts about wasted time and firing officials, maybe it's time to reflect on the considerable experience of Sheriff Spezze at the head of the investigation. He no doubt knows the area and it's residents, and this investigation is certainly not his first rodeo. It's not often that you find a small-town official that can run such a tight-lipped operation. MOO

About Sheriff John Spezze - Chaffee County Sheriff

Flicka1, JDough, miss glyss and 43 others like this.
  11. Truecolors

Truecolors Well-Known Member

Thank you, I have seen that. But how did the neighbor get that idea? I assumed they saw her leave, but later learned that’s untrue. Did the daughters tell the neighbor that?

12. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

I don't have the link handy (it's been posted) but it was Chief Bertram that said that in the last couple of days.
    That she was known to ride Sunday before church.
    I believe it was the same article where he said it was SM's "downfall" that she was too nice, or words to that affect.

Flicka1, CronesEye, BrownRice and 6 others like this.
  13. Peppered_peach

Peppered_peach Well-Known Member

Also, Salida just had to deal with the Decker fire back in October, so local people are definitely taking the ban seriously. Now the out of state folk, you never know.

14. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

^^sbm
    The named beneficiary could not be more clear. I don't understand why you're speculating about the daughters. They're also off-limits on the thread.

Flicka1, JDough, Mo Thuairim and 8 others like this.
  15. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED.
    PLEASE CONTINUE HERE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.