CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Yep 2 weeks ago today and we know only of the 911 call which has not been released
    JMO
    Eta and the personal item found as reported

Last edited: May 25, 2020

2. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

And she’s still missing ....

3. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

I just listened to it today for the first time and the looping of it over and over gives me deja vu.

Find Suzanne Morphew

Anyone know why the FBI is involved?

4. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

And that stopped all the rumors and speculation
    JMO

Flicka1, TRB, katydid23 and 15 others like this.
  5. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Has the police report been released? I’m updating her media thread

Flicka1, susiQ, Warwick7 and 8 others like this.
  6. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

GoBuckeyes, Flicka1, Vresia and 4 others like this.
  7. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

Will LE know if she logged into the church service that day? Has it been mentioned at all? Is it like a Zoom conference or just a live stream? If a live stream, is it still available anywhere with comments?

8. TexLil

TexLil Well-Known Member

Regarding your question about FBI involvement. Here is the best explanation I've seen.

"The sheriff of Chaffee County would say that he has information that is pertinent to something beyond Chaffee County and they want the FBI to search outside Chaffee County," he said.". Full article link below.

Investigator explains FBI's involvement in Chaffee County missing woman case - KRDO

9. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

In CO you must record the mortgage we discovered this in Kelseys case and it’s fairly common in the US when you buy a property with a mortgage- there isn’t one for this property therefore it was either cash or a trade as there is a deed recorded to them - same with the house in IN they still own - more in thread 1 as we discussed this extensive
    JMO

10. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

I'll say it again, one of the strangest missing persons case I've seen here on WS.

After that intensive search at BM's construction sight, there's little doubt to me that LE is focused on him. They absolutely have evidence to indicate that Suzanne could have been there, at least enough to convince a Judge to sign off on the warrant. They aren't going to spend the resources and $$$ if there wasn't a reasonable chance.

That tells me LE knows there was foul play, has a POI/suspect in mind and are desperately trying to recover Suzanne's body. This may end up no body case, which can still be prosecuted and won with enough circumstantial evidence. In Kelsey Berreth's case, there were 'voluminous' amounts once the trail started that we never dreamed about.

I wonder if human remains dogs hit somewhere in the house, near the bike/recovered 'personal item' or even on BM's vehicle?

MOO
    #FindSuzanneMorphew

11. scaredtopost

scaredtopost Well-Known Member

From CBS This Morning: "Investigators say she vanished after going for a bike ride. The bike was found the day she was reported missing, but are not releasing the condition."
    Maybe not word for word, but that's what I heard. Gotta go be "essential" now, but I know y'all will keep us posted! Xoxo
    JMO, MOO, ETC

Flicka1, AnnaGrace, katydid23 and 7 others like this.
  12. cody22

cody22 Former Member

That voice is somewhat familiar and haunting to me.......I need more coffee....moo

13. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

That’s what I’ve been thinking - something was found and they went straight to deceased - LE does not make that decision lightly IMO - so what could cause this ? Luminal revealed something ? Hasty clean up?

Flicka1, AnnaGrace, Vresia and 21 others like this.
  14. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

Thanks for explaining. I did look at the link to thread one but it was over my head.

15. osu

osu Well-Known Member

The reporter covering Suzanne’s case and who did the Facebook Live Saturday evening is FOX21 News reporter Lauren Scharf. Lauren also covered the Kelsey Berreth case extensively.

Here’s the link to Lauren’s FB live Saturday evening: (57 minutes)

JMO

16. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

You think LE believe she is deceased ? Maybe from phone records? Suddenly going dark perhaps?
    Very strange.

17. cody22

cody22 Former Member

This is bugging me..........What information do they have that is pertinent to something beyond Chaffee County, Colorado, in a missing woman's case ?........moo

GoBuckeyes, Boxer, Flicka1 and 13 others like this.
  18. Sarahlou

Sarahlou Well-Known Member

I know you weren't asking me but I definitely think they do. They were digging up concrete...

Flicka1, Breathe, Vresia and 12 others like this.
  19. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Without having any facts, all we can really do is make some logical inferences.
    If SM was known to go for a bike ride on Sundays, if that was a pretty regular thing for her to do, and her girls knew that's what she did on Sundays, (or if she mentioned it the day before in a text convo with one of them) and on that Sunday they tried and tried to reach her but were unable to... I think it's reasonable to conclude they most likely told the neighbor she normally goes for a bike ride on Sunday, and they were unable to reach her.

My son in law goes for a run every weekday before work. If he suddenly disappeared sometime before 7am, during the time frame he normally would be out for a run, I'd be inclined to assume something happened while he was out on his run.
    I'd never think to look for him in the basement, or assume he might have gone somewhere else, even if I never saw him leave the house.
    I'd assume his daily, normal, known routine had a big part to play in how/when he went missing.

jmo

20. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

The property records were discussed in the first thread. Relative to the residence in Maysville, Chaffee County property records provide there is no deed of trust filed for the property (i.e., no agreement between a lender and a borrower). There is no mortgage or lien holder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.