CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.StClements

Dr.StClements Former Member

He will be distressed and exhausted. Whatever the facts are, and whether or not he's involved, those behaviours will still apply.

Personally speaking, being careful to take my medical hat off here, (I'm concerned that I'm here as a lay person; not an expert). It was not my impression that he's speaking to potential kidnappers. Time is of the essence in such cases, and kidnappers don't usually go silent for a week, leaving next of kin wondering whether the person is alive or dead. Yes, things might go silent for 48 hrs or so, while an abductor is making good their escape, putting physical distance between themselves and the victim's next of kin. Not working with the police to at least coordinate a reward and how to manage it in the first instance is a red flag. Even if the family subsequently insisted that police were not involved in the reward drop, it is highly unusual to not involve them at all. The family could be jeopardising the abductee's safety. BM will have a named police liaison- why leave such people out.
    For what it's worth, I personally think the kidnapper appeal is a red herring. It could also be that BM is showing profound remorse for something that has happened in the couple's personal life. The wording is odd - I'd need to know more about his usual patterns of speech. What he said, and the order in which he said it, makes me uneasy. The content might be little more than diversion tactics.
    Again, as a qualifier, if he was having an affair, and he genuinely doesn't know where Suzanne is, he could feel overwhelmed with guilt, which could affect his performance. That still doesn't explain why he marginalized the police; nor does it explain his over-emphasis on the abduction theory (which I think is contrived). What if she had left him: wouldn't it be more fitting to convey his love for her, say that they could work through things together if she came home? He defaults to abduction in the absence of evidence for same. That in itself is suspicious.

2. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

Snipped for focus
    Agreed !

If and when things start going wrong they can go very wrong.

Flicka1, SoBu, Kyte and 16 others like this.
  3. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Awesome you're back!!
    BAM!!
    BAM!!
    BAM!!

4. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I have a confetti option but I don’t think it works here .. where is Suzannes’ body (IMO that’s where we are 2 weeks in)
    JMO

5. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

It is interesting, that not only the bike itself but the condition of the bike was a sticking point for someone, from the very beginning.
    No idea who sent the weird message, but we do know BM's nephew Trevor Noel made a particular point to tell the media and the public that they should be pressing the CCSO about the condition of the bike. Maybe he shared that info with whoever sent the message? Maybe he sent the message himself? Who knows.

Flicka1, Kyte, Janeumayer and 19 others like this.
  6. branmuffin

branmuffin Well-Known Member

I don't really understand it either! I just know the girls switched SIM cards.

Flicka1, Kyte, MsBetsy and 4 others like this.
  7. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

Well, since it says "Barry is just beside himself", and not "Dad" is just beside himself, I'd rule out the daughters sending the message. The message was sent on May 11, very soon after her disappearance, IMO. I don't know if the presence of the mountain lion, and the bike "crash" has appeared in other media as I missed the first few threads here, but I didn't see it in the media thread which I did peruse, but may have missed those references.

How many people in the family were acquainted with the church community in Indiana? To the point where they would think of sending a message to the church the day after she apparently went missing? So, I think Barry sent it, it was too early for others to think of spreading the idea of the mountain lion and bike crash. IMO

IMO it would not occur to the daughters to send that message the very day after she went missing.

I find it puzzling that Crime on Line saw the message but did not reveal "who sent it". Why? Enquiring minds want to know. The fact that the church, and Crime on Line both did not reveal the source of the message makes me think (IMO) that LE told them not to. At least they didn't reveal it in this article.

8. Runswithscissorz

Runswithscissorz Well-Known Member

Good post for a first timer ;) “Newguy”
    {{{{{{HI}}}}}}

Flicka1, AnnaGrace, SoBu and 42 others like this.
  9. cody22

cody22 Former Member

Well Heck, the prodigal outlaw returns............:).....Welcome back....moooooooooooo

10. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Hmm. Your post about his previous hints plus the word "crashed" in the message to the church. ‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

Flicka1, Kyte, Janeumayer and 7 others like this.
  11. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

❤️❤️❤️

12. Dr.StClements

Dr.StClements Former Member

They are very different personalities. Leticia Stauch manifestly has a severe personality disorder. You are wrong in your statement to say that we will never know what they are thinking. It's taken me 25 years medical training and as a principal research scientist in this field (having studied at Harvard and Cambridge) to gain this amount of expertise. To give you an example of the work I've done with a broad spectrum of clients and patients - from top security hospitals housing people who have committed the most heinous of crimes, through to first time offenders of serious crimes: in approximately 300 cases, my clinical assessment on first and second meeting has been correct 97% of the time, and not infrequently when police personnel have a very different view. One of the patients took his own life before assessment could be completed.
    I have seen, diagnosed and treated quite literally thousands of patients. L Stauch has a highly disordered, manipulative personality. We used the first interview she gave with her back to the camera as a confidential medical teaching masterclass, exploring with postdoc medics doing psychiatry training, the extremes of personality traits.

13. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Teenagers are not always the brightest bulbs. (Based on my own experience)

Flicka1, Kyte, fcavanaugh and 17 others like this.
  14. Wowno17

Wowno17 Well-Known Member

I am like you, I don't think the husband did it. However I have to admit I am getting more prepared to concede defeat as the days go by. But still holding out hope.

I too, like you, care about Suzanne welfare and wellbeing. That's who we are all here for! Just because you and I have a different thoughts to the majority (I also think there is something more to this case), doesn't mean we don't care about the victim!

I have been following this thread and your posts, and have seen you express your theories and your concern for the victim, even if some others on here seem to have missed that!

Hoping for Suzanne's return.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2020
    Flicka1, Quiet Time, Kyte and 15 others like this.
  15. vaporlass

vaporlass Well-Known Member

Okay, I’ll bite... Suppose this was the case. Did he tell the Sheriff? If so, why would Sheriff spend all that time searching the perimeters, then searching the house ... before going to dig under the garage pad? Surely BM told the Sheriff his fears of retribution from the supposed loan shark? Seems like a lot of wasted time, money and energy searching all those places IF BM told Sheriff WHO he borrowed money from and WHO might be seeking retribution...
    It might explain him looking out windows and pacing ... he’s afraid they are coming after him next?
    But, I think he’s just wondering instead when LE will show up with his arrest warrant. He looked haggard in his PLEA video, maybe a friend offered anxiety medication and that is why his unemotional and detached plea sounded so flat and monotone. I can’t believe there are people describing it as “impassioned” though I do believe he’s suffering.
    Like you, I’ve tried giving him the benefit of a doubt but I just can’t get there ...

Flicka1, 303gmf, Kyte and 11 others like this.
  16. JosieMae

JosieMae Well-Known Member

IMO the most interesting aspect of BM's Facebook plea is that he did it in the first place. I've never seen another missing person's case where someone close to the victim produced and released his own video. Have you?

That would be an attractive, possibly irresistible, option for someone with a controlling nature. Chose your set, clothing, and script. Also telling, IMO, is how brief the clip is. Perhaps a wise choice to call "cut" before the dry and unconvincing crying begins?

How many takes before the Director's Cut was released?

MerBeach, Flicka1, AnnaGrace and 35 others like this.
  17. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Crumbs got called into work. Please everyone stay up late so I've got posters to chatter with about this case.
    Lol!!

18. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

Alleluia!

19. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, we've heard various things about the bikes condition and where it was found but this is the first I've read that it was "crashed." Apparently it was described this way early on.

At least we know a little more about BM. He was described by Parsons as not as friendly as Suzanne and "standoffish."

Imo

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  20. ?mysterian?

?mysterian? Well-Known Member

Hey! Welcome (back) to Websleuths!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.