CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

MOO
    List of what we know definitively:
    Suzanne Morphew is missing
    Suzanne is married although she referred to as Ms. Morphew in all PR by the Chaffee County Sheriff
    Suzanne has two daughters
    A 911 call was placed by JR (a neighbor) reporting her missing after “checking” on her. Reported May 10th at 5:46 p.m.
    Bike was found
    personal item or item(s) located in an undisclosed location
    Last heard from May 9th, the method is unknown

@BoatyMcboatface is the best username I’ve read thus far.

What we do not know for sure:
    Everything else

2. cody22

cody22 Former Member

Did yall know that Suzanne Morphew's former Alexandria, Indiana home is only a 90 minute drive from Delphi, Indiana ?.....Why do I keep getting drawn to these Colorado and Indiana cases ?....moo

TwoBlueJays, Flicka1, DD8 and 35 others like this.
  3. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

I wonder if they found evidence in the dirt but now need time to test it to be sure it’s Suzanne (thinking very small evidence that could have dna extracted).

So they have what they need for now to test, hence no search for tomorrow and hence no need to completely tear up everything.. yet.

4. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Former Member

Search in Salida for missing Chaffee County woman concludes, no searches scheduled for Monday

SABBM:

Investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, CBI and FBI went to the site to follow-up on leads they had received in connection to missing 49-year-old Suzanne Morphew, who had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the Maysville area on May 10 and didn’t return home.

Investigators searched several locations on the property, but say they were unable to make any connection to Morphew’s case at this time. <snip>

Someone has that key piece of information in this case that will help us locate Suzanne, and I’m asking our community members to continue to use the tip line to provide any information, no matter how inconsequential the tip may seem,” said Sheriff Spezze.

Reading between the lines, I'm thinking there's a fairly high probability that this search was based off of a credible tip that LE received, likely coupled with electronic/cell/gps data putting someone connected to the case in that specific location around the time of SM's disappearance.

A credible tip + digital data would have been enough to get a judge to sign off on a search warrant.

Clearly, the search wasn't conducted as a result of a confession.

JMO.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  5. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Great post. Wish I could like many times.

They got 200+ leads - they have to follow *all* of them to any reasonable conclusion. Who wouldn't dig up concrete recently poured on a worksite known to be visited by someone close to the victim? That doesn't mean they did it. It does mean that LE are looking in nooks and crannies, listening to tips.

A picture may or may not be starting to emerge. I sure hope it's emerging, because if not emerging by now, it's worry. I want Suzanne to have closure and justice..

Flicka1, libraryg, AnnaGrace and 26 others like this.
  6. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Could be. Perhaps found something on day 1 or 2, continued for yet another day, and then thought that was all they'd get.

Or, perhaps they found nothing. The fact that various FBI personnel are there should make us hopeful - although in these very trying times, we probably can't expect everything to be speedy.

I'm still very concerned about that campground and the Fire Camp not far from the Morphew house. And other possibilities that will be hard to investigate. I hope the Cloud information has been generous to Suzanne.

7. Gizmo3

Gizmo3 Active Member

The sheriff's press reports (including the one today) have continued to stress the importance of the tip line and information provided by the public. LE has, however, given the public very little information - information that could potentially help lead to a tip. The previous thread discussed the possibility of a potential defense using "tunnel vision" or the like against LE - could it be that LE's current emphasis on the tip/public information (despite giving very little detail about SM) is a way to bolster their own argument against an anticipated accusation of tunnel vision? For example, LE could state that they kept their options open by continually appealing for information. Apologies if this rambling is convoluted - I'm still new to sleuthing!

8. payitforward3000

payitforward3000 Well-Known Member

My thoughts too. Well my hope anyway... regardless of who did it. Those poor girls need answers and closure

Flicka1, Cindizzi, mom2chloe and 9 others like this.
  9. otto

otto Verified Expert

Exactly. How could anyone know what she was doing when she disappeared while she was offline for 24 hours? She was reported missing May 10, and it's been posted here several times that last contact was May 9 (DailyMail?).

That's 24 hours where no one can account for her, but someone reports her missing, mentions the bike ride, and sure enough her bike is easily found but there is no sign of her.

I did see something suggesting that Suzanne routinely cycled before Sunday Church, but look at the temperatures. She was a 2 time cancer survivor. I can understand cycling for better health, but not Winter cycling like a triathlete.

Just how long was she a fan of Sunday morning bike rides? At what temp did she opt for the indoor trainer? How long were the outdoor rides in March and April?

<modsnip: No link to images>

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2020
  10. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

Seattle1 said (post 1175 on last thread): "The named beneficiary could not be more clear. I don't understand why you're speculating about the daughters. They're also off-limits on the thread."

@Seattle1,:) altho a few ppl here said beneficiary had been changed, IDK, if that was or was true. As you say, the Gimme crowdfunding a/c beneficiary (ShMor) is clear, at least now.

Why did I post about this initially? A poster (@vaporlass?) said, re Gimme $, why not put it in daughter's name?
    My earlier post replied to this idea ^ about some potential logistic issues in doing that.
    Sorry if anyone interpreted my post as saying who should or should not be designated as beneficiary/ies.
    I did not intend to speculate about the daughters (except mentioning that they are teens).
    I know they are off-limits. Sorry, my apologies for any confusion.

Flicka1, vaporlass, susiQ and 2 others like this.
  11. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Well, rumours don’t get to stay here. WS TOS. MSM only. However, we do learn from all the things that are not said and done by LE and therefore we “speculate.” :)

12. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

Gannon...
    You quite literally took the text I was typing when thread closed and it was deleted out of
    the twilight zone!!! Only I said 1 hour minus commercials...oooohhhh, scary

Sooooo, I must say “well said! Great post etc...”
    Only addition I have, we are understandably limited by the tools and info we have, still we seem to think we could do a better job...

JMO, my purpose here is to assist, not critique LE....
    Neither my friends here:):):):)

13. cody22

cody22 Former Member

We are good at it too.......:D........moo

14. gliving

gliving Woof

I think the search also helped establish a timeline. Get every contractor on site showing what they did and when they did it. Who was on the job site?

It appears BM's trip to Denver is verified or LE would be asking for Rings there. So, it will be interesting to see what way the search for Suzanne goes.

15. MinnyPin

MinnyPin Well-Known Member

It’s kind of unsettling to realize today, May 24, marks 1 year since the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos. The timelines are so similar in the early days of that investigation compared to this. Forgive me if I counted days wrong.

JD Case:

6 days to search Waverly Park (where car found)

7 days to search dumpsters

8 days for warrant to search house

8 days for arrest of FD & MT charged with tampering with evidence

12 days to ask residents to save surveillance video

19 days to search Avon Pond

SM case:

5 days to grid search 2.5 mile area of Monarch Pass (US Highway 50) - where bike found?

7 days to search water sites

8 days for reverse 911 call for residents to preserve surveillance video

10 days for warrant to search house

12 days for warrant to search property (concrete)

No arrests yet.

I think LE most definitely has a #1 suspect.

16. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

If I was the neighbour that was asked to check on SM, I would go and check. Was the house locked or unlocked? Neighbour knocks and when no answer finds the door unlocked? ... goes in, calls out, and when no answer then, has a look around. Only thing she sees is that Suzanne's bike is gone so it would appear she went for a bike ride?

17. cody22

cody22 Former Member

That could well be what happened................moo

18. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

And it was months before they charged Fotis Dulos, even though there was a bloody crime scene, zip ties with her DNA, camera footage of Dulos and his girlfriend dumping Jennifer’s belongings at various locations along highways. And she still is missing.
    What kind of evidence would be enough for a judge to allow them to spend days ripping up a private citizen’s land? I honestly don’t know-anyone? Has to be more than just a tip saying some guys worked there after hours, right?

19. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Former Member

BBM:

I don't think the answers here will bring any comfort whatsoever to her daughters.

I think the answers r/t what's happened to their mother will be even more painful than the questions.

That doesn't mean that LE should stop searching for those answers.

I was hopeful when news of this search first broke that LE would locate SM on that property.

Unfortunately, LE's efforts were not rewarded in this instance, although I have no doubt whatsoever they were acting upon solid leads and credible information.

I do think there's a very strong possibility that this is going to become a mother no-body case, as we saw with Kelsey Berreth.

SM's body may not be recovered, or even recoverable, at this point.

No-body cases can still be prosecuted.

And won.

JMO.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Flicka1, CalmSeas, libraryg and 25 others like this.
  20. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Hmm. I wonder why Bertram didn't believe she had gone to church?

Another bit from that article: "A source told the Daily Mail earlier this week that Suzanne’s daughters had become concerned that they could not reach their mother that weekend, and asked a neighbor to check on her."

But the earlier DM article referred to says: "Morphew’s daughters contacted a neighbor when they were unable to reach her." And further says: "the only reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ‘we never heard from Mom – can you go check on her?'” the friend’s stepmother said".

So the reports are not clear on whether or not the girls had not heard from her "all weekend".
    ‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle’: Questions persist amid changing reports on the investigation into Suzanne Morphew’s Mother’s Day disappearance

Does anyone remember where it was reported....the last time she was seen or spoken with?

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Flicka1, AnnaGrace, Fireflize and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.