CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

bbm
    I know you weren't trying to be humorous ... but -- that last sentence gave me a chuckle. :D
    So thank you. :)

2. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Also, a thought occurred to me. If there were rumours locally of a lion, why didnt Suzanne know of them?

Flicka1, Subiechik21, Alyce and 18 others like this.
  3. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

We, part of the public, absolutely don't know but a mere fraction of what exists in this case. That will continue to be true to a large extent. I opined yesterday there is often a phase in criminal cases when frustration and emotions run rampant, and anger, blame and condemnation of LE emerges. There have been times LE has been weak, but there's nothing in this case to indicate that. There is always a segment of case followers who feel absolutely entitled to know every bit of information and become incensed that LE is not telling them what they want to know.

Of course LE is focusing on the husband--they have their reasons. The intimate partner of a missing person is usually looked at closely and statistics have long shown a connection when a wife and mother suddenly goes missing. It's investigation 101. Watch any random Dateline episode and you'll see this very thing.

As I learned in many ways, common sense isn't really all that common. We humans want to see and experience and know. We live in a society of instant gratification, and if something isn't shown then it must not exist. So, if LE isn't sharing information it's because they don't have any info or evidence, and they don't have any info or evidence because they're incompetent, is how that logic goes. It's just one of the many vagaries of following a case.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  4. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Just want to say - there's no commitment. We are just grateful to have people verified and have them stop by once in a while.

Sorry to hear about your bout with CoVid - you take care of yourself. Websleuths can be very...distracting, for people who like medical or psychiatric mysteries. This particular case has the air of a psychiatric drama, IMO. (Regardless of who did it).

I've now watched the video in several phases and I have gone back to my reference files of "genuinely distraught" people (I've got cross-cultural funeral videos, as well as "person just got killed right in front of someone" videos, from at least 4-5 cultures). There are definitely universals to grief, although of course lots of cultural variation. I do not see those things in BLM, which is why I wanted your specific opinion. If he's the kind of person who disassociates under stress and doesn't function well (reduced affect) without sleep, I'm adjusting my expectations. But I truly believe this 27 seconds was taken from a larger piece. If someone else is there (let's say, someone who believes every word spoken by BLM), that makes a difference to me, too. From his steady stare at the camera and the lack of personal expression in his eyes and eye area, I think he's talking directly to a camera. Alone.

So the audience is himself.

He should have used the time to say when she was last seen, who last talked to her, create a sense of urgency. Was she perfectly cheerful last he talked to her?

Is the reason he switches from talking to Suzanne that he absolutely can't face talking to Suzanne? Can't talk to Suzanne or even imagine it? And so, instead, imagines talking to abductors. He does return to talking to Suzanne at the end, but mostly on behalf of the daughters.

The setting makes it look as though he's at his own house, but it seems pretty clear that he was not at the house, but staying nearby.

5. Elle*Bee

Elle*Bee We're all just stories in the end.

I’m glad you’re recovering, and I’m sincerely sorry about your loved one. Just know that becoming verified on WS puts you under no obligation at all. Peace.

6. Dr.StClements

Dr.StClements Former Member

It's the case that occasionally we see the behaviour of a sociopath as it is being played out. Harold Shipman - the GP in the UK - who murdered hundreds of his patients- is a case in point. We were watching, in real-time, his supreme omnipotence. He became more cavalier and careless with progressive murders, and his interviews with the press and police are chilling to watch. He wasn't in denial; he was disgusted with authorities who questioned him, having nothing but contempt for them. He did believe that his far superior intellect (sociopathy and narcissism) would outwit all the dullards around him.
    And, unfortunately, as too often happens, the early clues were there, decades before he began killing on a regular basis.

7. Buddhagirl

Buddhagirl Well-Known Member

One thing I don’t understand is why SM and BM’s daughters aren’t staying with their dad. God forbid my husband went missing I would need my children and they would need me more than ever for comfort. I hope more than anything SM is found safe. If she isn’t I pray BM didn’t have anything to do with it.

Flicka1, Subiechik21, Kyte and 11 others like this.
  8. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

BBM. If the family or friends suspect Barry was involved then they also know it is unlikely the money will ever be dispersed. iow, a pretty safe bet.

JMO

9. LietKynes

Agreed.
    Even if Suzanne were to reappear and it turned out she'd fled for her own reasons; there'd be questions.
    Esp. for those who have invested funds towards the search for Suzanne.

10. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

The Sheriff has repeatedly asked local public, particularly those in the geo area near SM/BM to please call in with any information or tips or sightings, and they continue to ask for this and provide the dedicated tip line. But you're right in that the general public's assistance is not needed (or wanted).

11. Dr.StClements

Dr.StClements Former Member

I think his presentation is edited and is therefore a selective production. There were early suggestions that a member of the family who owns/works for some kind of recording company helped him put it together. I don't have any evidence to substantiate this - so it's nothing more than hearsay.
    I can't immediately bring to mind another example where a video has been recorded and publicised so unilaterally.
    If you go back to the recording, look at what he's saying when he begins double/treble blinking. The narrative links up.

MerBeach, Flicka1, AnnaGrace and 34 others like this.
  12. cody22

cody22 Former Member

dbm......moo

13. LietKynes

The families' have been pretty quiet and I suppose we won't know the 'whys' unless there are new developments from LE.

Flicka1, Subiechik21, Kyte and 15 others like this.
  14. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I worked with a friend who was very devout in her chosen religion. She once told me her husband attended with her regularly, however, it was more of a social thing and he enjoyed the “networking.” I think we all know who the spiritual partner was. MOO

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Flicka1, Subiechik21, Kyte and 20 others like this.
  15. gliving

gliving Woof

Bloodhound Man-Trackers inc.
    May 23 at 6:51 PM ·
    Bloodhound Man-Trackers
    Assisted Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of investigation and the Federal Bureau of investigation today. It is a great honor to assist these hard working, caring, dedicated law enforcement professionals, stay safe and well. A special thank you to K-9s Radar, Jynx and Carlene for your hard work.

My post links to their facebook page. Here's their 'about' comment. Beautiful dogs!

[​IMG]
    Mission
    Man Tracking &
    Human Decomposition Detection to help find the
    Lost & Missing
    and to help bring
    Criminals to Justice.

16. Vresia

Vresia Well-Known Member

Flicka1, Subiechik21, Kyte and 6 others like this.
  17. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

When we see impassioned pleas from parents or spouses for their loved one, we (or a least me) cry along with them because the “depth” of the emotion is heart wrenching. We literally feel their pain.

BM....no depth, no gut wrenching pain. All that plea instilled in me was suspicion. MOO

18. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Well if BM is afraid that a big bad abductor could capture SM right from under his nose, I imagine he has the MM's in protective custody. I believe SM's relative that spoke to Crimeonline alluded to the same. MOO

19. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Ha! About time you stopped lurking!
    Yes it’s almost like they had their solid evidence before they had a victim. Razor sharp focus now.

20. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

<modsnip: off topic>

I agree. There has been a laser focus in this case on one particular thing.

Unfortunately (MOO) I think this going to prove to be a cliche case of exactly who think did it and why.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.