CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Please provide a link. I've seen no mention from LE that the home security cameras were out of commission.
    Also, is it the father's fault her daughters were not with their mother on Mother's Day? From their photos, the young women appear old enough to make their own decisions.

JMO

2. windrower

windrower Well-Known Member

Apologies for quoting myself. But I thought I should clarify: I think the two bridges closest to SM's house--the bridge where County Rd 225 crosses Fooses Creek and the bridge where County Rd 225 crosses the S Arkansas River--are the most likely bridges for anything of SM's to have been found.

I think all of that was staged, and so I believe the items needed to be found sooner rather than later.

IMO

3. Truecolors

Truecolors Well-Known Member

Bolding mine.

I just can’t get past that part. Your beloved wife, twice cancer survivor, high school sweetheart, mother of your two beautiful daughters—and he hasn’t checked in before 5 pm on Mother’s Day?

(Edited: had the dates wrong in my head)

This does not fit the narrative of the happy, loving relationship I’m reading about from family and friends.

Especially considering that the girls were away and he’d know she’s alone in the house, daily contact seems minimal expectation. A text, a phone call...

I wonder if they have a Life360 type app on their phones to keep tabs when apart.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  4. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Your identity will be private.

Kyte, Feistyomi, Warwick7 and 8 others like this.
  5. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Good suggestion GK ... will do that shortly. Thanks.

6. wheatnotchaff

wheatnotchaff Well-Known Member

I don't believe there's been anything reported in the MSM about precisely when she left home for the purported bike ride, only that she went for the ride and never returned. I suspect that the 911 call was made because of 1) information that the daughters relayed to the neighbor about their mother's expected whereabouts and/or, 2) as someone mentioned in a previous post, the neighbor came across something that raised concern -- SM's abandoned bike, e.g. There are other alternatives that are of course possible. As for her pre-church bike ride, that was simply something that the fire chief mentioned in an interview was her habit. We don't know if this was so much a predictable part of her routine that it sounded the alarm on the 10th.

Poedelini, Kyte, AnnaGrace and 11 others like this.
  7. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

It was likely NOT at the bridge over the S. Arkansas, as drone-like helicopter footage from the end of the search showed the bridge clearly, and there no evidence tags anywhere near it. I'm locking in my final answer as "most likely Fooses Dam Bridge", @windrower IMO

Kyte, AnnaGrace, Feistyomi and 16 others like this.
  8. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Monarch Pass is only about 8-10 miles from Morphew residence, and I think Dave F. posted a video of the bike trail that ends at Fooses Bridge in prior thread. However, I'm pretty sure that neither the trail or the bridge are at the top of Monarch Pass. And yes, that bike trail in the video looked black diamond to me-- several places where brakes could lock up.

Kyte, Feistyomi, fcavanaugh and 10 others like this.
  9. cody22

cody22 Former Member

LOL !....moo

10. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

Family offers $200k reward for missing woman’s ‘safe return, no questions asked’
    If SM had left her bike on an in-the-woods bike trail, she would have had to walk away from the area on her own, be carried from or otherwise have had to have been transported via ATV (assuming ATVs are permitted) from the location. She certainly couldn't have driven a car or SUV from the trail because such vehicles are typically not permitted on bike trails. An abductor would have had one heck of a time carrying her, regardless of her assumed-petite sizing.

LE has not indicated (that I could find) if sniff dogs keyed in on SM's scent in areas surrounding the bike and the so-called "personal item(s)" recovery locations.

No scent doesn't necessarily mean no SM, since I'm guessing that riding a bike on the (assumed) terrain in question can be somewhat arduous so scent-producing cells would be all over the area. Correct me if I'm wrong.

LE has been so tight-lipped in this case I hope they're not making a mistake. When LE holds the reigns this tightly it means, IMO, they think someone looks good for the (assumed) crime, or, at least, they want to perform complete due diligence to fully eliminate that line of thought and free themselves to fully pursue other avenues. Perhaps avenues that by then are ill-defined and potentially cold.

Lack of information is feeding wide-ranging speculation that is of no use and I'm refusing to assume BM as BG (bad guy). It's possible, as I do find the plea video odd but that is not enough.

I'm torn at this point.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  11. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

Good post. ^^^

Aside from a handsome or brooding perp... :p
    Everything else sounds plausible !
    Imo

12. Tate123

Tate123 Well-Known Member

(It's not me... my SO is a recently retired Supreme Court Justice ( Criminal) NY and I think he could add good info to the mix. He asked me if it would be kept private..working on him joining)

13. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

BBM. My take is that LE received a tip about the owner of the property might be possibly involved and there was fresh concrete just poured. If nothing of evidentiary value was found then LE would be ambiguous.

JMO

Feistyomi, kimpage, 10ofRods and 2 others like this.
  14. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

This really stuck out to me too. How many objectively bad husbands and fathers still pull it together one day of the year for a Mother's Day brunch or flowers or day together? After going through what Suzanne went through you'd think her family would have done SOMETHING even if they couldn't be together. But not a call til 5pm?

15. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

When I first joined I worked at a Wall Street lawfirm that is crazy about confidentiality and Tricia and the mod who worked to verify me kept everything completely confidential and even joked they'd forget everything they saw as soon as they wrote my name down. So he should join! It's safe and confidential.

16. Tate123

Tate123 Well-Known Member

Thank you! I'll relay that info.

17. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

Do we know BM never tried to contact SM on MD? Do we know he had no phone contact or wasn't home the day before MD? There's so much contradictory information and information that's been changed over time that I could have easily missed that.

18. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

This has always been a puzzle to me as well. I am going to take a small guess and say perhaps her daughters had been trying all day to reach her and couldn't, so they called the neighbor.

I am still in awe as to how fast this case went from a missing woman to several agencies called in, drones, divers in the lake, dogs, etc. They didn't bother ruling out that she left on her own, and it seemed that right away, LE felt something was very off about her disappearance. Basically ruled out mountain lion attack, didn't feel self harm was involved, or kidnapping.

The only thing that I can think of for such fast action is if what was left of Suzanne's personal items, whether it be a bike or whatever else they have, somehow shows that some violent crime happened against her.

We don't know if the dogs picked up her scent near her bike or not, at the home or not, etc. More questions than answers, but so far, no ransom has been demanded that we know of, so at this point, that is off the table.

They haven't found her body, no one has heard from her, and they're still searching for her and evidence.

I do believe they have much more than we can imagine, and it really saddens me to think of what happened to her, on or before Mother's Day, without anyone around for her to cry out for help. Someone knew she was alone. JMO

19. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought they only had 200 tips just a few days ago. Have they doubled since then?

20. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

No, I don't think any of that has been confirmed. I haven't heard anything about when BM last spoke to Suzanne or saw her, or if the girls spoke to him by phone. He may have been the one who told them she was planning on a bike ride, for all we know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.