CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaporlass

vaporlass Well-Known Member

Did she dial 911 because she SAW the bike in ravine or under bridge? I’ve seen and read so much since then ... but IIRC she saw or found bike??? Which is what made her call 911 almost immediately, right?
    Also probably the reason why everyone assumes she went on a bike ride. What if girls called and just asked her to go check on Mom because she wasn’t answering ... and on the way she found the bike. If it’s true bike riders normally have several bikes ... would she even know IF SM bike was missing? Lord I wouldn’t.
    Did she drive around looking for her when she didn’t answer the door? Did she have a key to their house? Did she go inside?
    I’d love to talk that woman! Nothing against current reporters but I miss Sam K!

2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Good point. We really don't know the specifics at all. I thought I read that she had finished treatments while they were still living in Indiana, around 2018, but I could be wrong.

Friends in Colorado who have made comments about how friendly and kind she is have not mentioned anything about Suzanne not doing well. (healthwise)

Bailey38, Kyte, Steelslady and 8 others like this.
  3. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

Wondering if LE requested to review the Morphew daughters cell phones... if only to complete a record of timeline communications between daughters and parents.

Morphew house:
    Desktop, laptop computers, tablets? → Internet searches?
    Security system records? → House occupied on MD? → For how long?

How did daughters expect neighbor to check on their mother?
    A simple knock on the door?
    Does any neighbor have a key to the Morphew house?
    Does any neighbor know any Morphew phone numbers?
    Did the neighbor see something inside/outside house?
    Did neighbor see SM bike at house and no answer at door make her call 911?

Just a thought...
    Only 28 seconds of video for a virtual lifetime?

10ofRods, Spartygirl, Kyte and 13 others like this.
  4. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

One of our friends has liver cancer, she had her pet scan two weeks ago. Previous treatment seemed to work, but scan revealed the existing spot grew and now there's another. She works from home doing the books for her husband's auto supply store. He interacts with customers all day long and continued to do so throughout the pandemic. With all the medical and basic bills there was no way he could not work. Of course he took precautions at work and when he came home, but they did not social distance from each other in their home. Neither has contracted CV-19 (blessed).

Simply pointing out there are people that had no choice due to financial demands, and if you were lucky enough to be an essential business ...

I'm hope your husband is better and glad you avoided it.

Ontario Mom, Kyte, Poedelini and 13 others like this.
  5. Observer33

Observer33 Well-Known Member

Just wait for it. There is no hurry. Get all your ducks in a row. LE's POI is not going anywhere with them knowing it. They will appear like a thief in the night and swoop the POI up.

DBLG, Spartygirl, Kyte and 12 others like this.
  6. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone mentioned bike ride to the neighbor before the neighbor called LE. She had that story ready for them. IMO

Spartygirl, Kyte, osu and 11 others like this.
  7. Truecolors

Truecolors Well-Known Member

We know the husband didn’t call the neighbor or the police. If he did check on her, I’m bewildered that he wasn’t dropping everything to locate her.

10ofRods, Kyte, Poedelini and 8 others like this.
  8. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I think the initial concern was that she'd had a mountain biking accident.

This is borderline wilderness, not urban. IMO a sheriff in rural Colorado who promoted a stranger abduction theory to the public, without any evidence to back it up like an eye witness, would be seen as an idiot by everyone.

Because of course, everyone's thinking, did the husband do it? That's not like some secret, far out theory that's only occurred to a rare few. Everyone knows all the previous cases, all the previous headlines.

Of course police are suspicious of the husband, that's law enforcement rule #1 for any unexplained disappearance of any woman anywhere in the world: Look at the partner. Again, the Sheriff would be an absolute idiot if he didn't..."Gee, the husband, I never thought of that!"

But that doesn't mean they have any evidence at all to bolster that possibility in this particular case.

9. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Thanks. That shows someone has an agenda of causing serious harm. How busy have those mountain trails been during Covid-19? I think it very possible this was a crime of opportunity.

JMO

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    FelicityLemon, Kyte, kimpage and 4 others like this.
  10. vaporlass

vaporlass Well-Known Member

Did she dial 911 because she SAW the bike in ravine or under bridge? I’ve seen and read so much since then ... but IIRC she saw or found bike??? Which is what made her call 911 almost immediately, right?
    Also might be why everyone assumes she went on a bike ride. What if girls called and just asked her to go check on Mom because she wasn’t answering ... and on the way she found the bike. If it’s true bike riders normally have several bikes ... would she even know IF SM bike was missing? Lord I wouldn’t.
    Did she drive around looking for her when she didn’t answer the door? Did she have a key to their house? Did she go inside?
    I’d love to talk that woman! Nothing against current reporters but I miss Sam K!

Kyte, Cindizzi, Steph8angels and 3 others like this.
  11. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Yes I agree with you. And thanks. I was speaking from POV that worked for me. I’m healthy otherwise, but still wished to avoid DH since he was seeing clients in his office at first start of all this.

Perhaps that did help since I was not infected. Or perhaps I was infected and had no or only mild symptoms.

Also happy your friends are ok.

12. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, if the neighbor actually saw her riding her bike I can't think of any reason why LE wouldn't include something like, "last seen around 10:00 am wearing a blue windbreaker and a green helmet", on the missing persons page if they believed she went missing during or after a bike ride. Even if the neighbor couldn't remember what she was wearing they would at least state the time. Jmo

Bailey38, AnnaGrace, kareylou and 9 others like this.
  13. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

I think it more likely they contacted the neighbor and asked her to check their home. And yes, she may also have a key. Our neighbors have our access code. If the daughters and husband weren't in the County, they would ask the neighbor to call 911 because her call would route directly to her local LE with jurisdiction. That would be the fastest way to reach LE and it sounds like 911 immediately dispatched LE.

JMO

14. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

Exactly!

Kyte and vaporlass like this.
  15. Murphy1950

Murphy1950 Well-Known Member

so what is this???
    DBM

I posted a really poorly written article, it threw me for a minute...

You can see by the following comments/ corrections posted by sharper and more experienced people on this site. Thanks to all. !

Kyte, Steph8angels, Knox and 3 others like this.
  16. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

That quote is in reference to that property they searched last weekend. The owner was not a suspect in any crime.

It’s not related to law enforcement releasing the Morphew home.

17. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

10ofRods, Steelslady, MsBetsy and 8 others like this.
  18. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Journalism at its finest. Two separate issues-searched property (BM jobsite) is the property owner that is not connected, AND the Morphew home was released after a search warrant.

19. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

What is this? Very poorly written, that’s what. The link is to the dig site and this line

The property owner is fully cooperative with law enforcement and is not connected with the disappearance of Morphew.

Refers to the Salida area, BM’s job site.

Very misleading.

20. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

Well though... I think we all know the sheriff never entertained the thought for one moment that this was an abduction case even though abductions obviously do occur. He would have naturally, imo, have assumed accident at first before abduction imo. But, I agree with those who say something was found very early on that pointed the investigation in an entirely different direction when the sheriff felt it was not an accident at all and so, he never even had the chance to consider abduction. He skipped that and went straight to foul play.

ETA: I'd like to say it was when the bike was discovered and something about it was "wrong" for an accident as the cause... but I don't know if the bike was discovered so, that's where the frustration comes in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.