CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheatnotchaff

wheatnotchaff Well-Known Member

Right. And for all we know he wasn't in the loop *at all* during the time this initially unfolded. It's been reported in MSM that he was in Denver, though I realize people have questioned the veracity of this (ie, suspecting he may have been lying to cover his tracks for being somewhere else at the time). We don't know the family dynamics, as it's been stated on this thread many times. Maybe the daughters didn't reach out to him with their concerns for reasons of their own that we have yet to learn and instead decided to call the neighbor first. Maybe the daughters' suspicions were immediate. And maybe once police got the call, *LE* took control and steered things a certain way. Who know when exactly BM was told anything about SM's disappearance?? SM's family says they're in the dark ... and so are we!

2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

In the beginning I wondered if it was the neighbor who actually found the bike. Since we hadn't heard about the bike being near the bridge I thought maybe it was found on the Morphew's property.

There have been so many rumors about where it was found, I'm still not sure what to believe until we hear it from LE.

3. otto

otto Verified Expert

Possibilites are:
    • voluntarily missing
    • accident
    • kidnapping
    • murder
    The first three options seem to be ruled out. She isn't missing by choice. There was no accident followed by a wild animal experience. I think we know that she wasn't kidnapped. That leaves one option.

4. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I wish we could pin this post to the front page of any new threads!

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Bailey38, Kyte, Spartygirl and 23 others like this.
  5. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

That's true. I have no idea what the sheriff is thinking or doing or what he knows.... that much is for sure. I should have added imo. I often forget to do that :oops: .
    ETA: BBM... but I wasn't trying to identify or implicate a certain "perp." I'm well aware that the sheriff must investigate the husband whether he suspects him or not.

10ofRods, Fireflize, Flurries and 3 others like this.
  6. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

Ita.
    The money aspect is interesting.
    Maybe a clue there ?
    Theory : Who had the money in their marriage ?
    BM ? SM?
    Did one person come into the marriage with more $$ than the other, and a divorce would be catastrophic for the other person ?
    Wondering out loud and speculating.
    Imo.

AnnaGrace, 10ofRods, Kyte and 10 others like this.
  7. vaporlass

vaporlass Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^
    This! Where is that person whose in charge of everything? He certainly acts like there’s no reason to search or reach out to public for help. Therein lies the reason I think he’s involved. I’ve seen too many “innocent” people in ACTION trying to find their loved one and/or trying to help find the perpetrator... BM is failing abysmally in all areas. JMO.

10ofRods, Kyte, Fireflize and 8 others like this.
  8. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

I don't think there has been anything official/confirmed about a home surveillance system not working.
    I agree. I don't think there was ever a bike ride. But I think one other possibility is that the person responsible may have had Suzanne's phone and texted from it, saying that she was going out on a bike ride. Buy some time before people started getting worried about her, and also set the stage for the disappearance. Just one of my thoughts.

10ofRods, Kyte, Spartygirl and 15 others like this.
  9. otto

otto Verified Expert

If we rely strictly on the May 11, 2020 police report, we know that the "reporting party advised" that her "neighbor" had "reportedly gone for a bike ride and failed to return home."

I don't see any ambiguity in this statement.

Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff

10ofRods, Kyte, Ontario Mom and 11 others like this.
  10. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

This is a link to a nine minute cell phone video of the drive from Fooses Lake Dam along CR 226 to CR 225, then along CR 225 to the stop sign at US 50, then up US 50 for about three miles. This is truly amateur video, but it's an excellent opportunity to see the search area. Both the road bridge over Fooses Creek and and the S. Arkansas bridge are shown, plus some spots where markers remained after the search:

April Isaacs, MS, RPT
    38 subscribers
    We drive from Fooses Dam back out to HWY 50, then to CR 226 which was the location of the search for personal items after finding something that was possibly Suzanne Morphew’s. Law Enforcement closed the Hwy on May 15th to search further. This is the area they searched, including crime scene tape area.

11. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

Amber Jo Cooper on Twitter

The Morphew home was held by law enforcement through a search warrant that was sealed by the court. Very little details have been released this week. Stay with
    @FOX21News for updates!

11:20 PM · May 26, 2020

(Nothing new, just another reporter to follow/note for updates)

Sunny123, Kyte, Fireflize and 11 others like this.
  12. vaporlass

I agree but how would anyone know her “usual” time? I know Chatty Cathy said she biked in the mornings but there’s a lot of hours in the morning. How would you know if she had left an hour, two hours or a few minutes earlier? Personally I’m not a routine person, I rarely do anything at the same time everyday ...I used to beat myself up about being so unpredictable but this website has made me appreciate my fault.

nyvictoria, TheRaven, Kyte and 9 others like this.
  13. perception≠reality

perception≠reality Well-Known Member

Agreeeeeeeeed. If my adult child tried to call or text me on Mother’s Day and couldn’t reach me, the first thing she would do is call my husband, and say “Dad have you spoken to Mom? I can’t get her to answer.” His response would be “I haven’t, let me see what I can find out. Don’t worry, I’ll find her.” The call to the neighbor would’ve come from him, and he would have been front and center with LE trying to find out what happened, and begging for any word as to my whereabouts.

I asked how he would make a plea or offer a reward if he thought someone took me-he said “It damn sure would’ve been longer than 23 seconds, and it would’ve been with LE and a press conference-not some fb video-I would be everywhere on every station, trying to find you.” He’s normally a very private man, but when it comes to finding your loved one, things change.

Just an outside perspective and my own opinions. JMO MOO IMO

14. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, that much we do know.

Kyte, vaporlass, Fireflize and 5 others like this.
  15. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

^^ YES! Not one page goes by without this being asked. Like minds...

16. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Former Member

BBM:

I'm convinced that something (or someone) alerted LE almost immediately that the account surrounding SM's disappearance was horribly, horribly "off."

The neighbor reporting her missing from "a bike ride" in the middle of the day raised red flags with me from the get-go, so it may very well have aroused LE's suspicions right away, as well.

LE's initial conversations with her daughters and/or husband may have given them cause for specific concern.

While LE has not confirmed that SM's bike was located, it has been reported in MSM that BM's nephew, TN, stated the bike was found later on that Sunday evening she was reported missing.

So, it's possible that where the bike was found, what condition it was found in, and/or who actually found it may also have steered LE in a certain investigative direction.

If the bike was planted in an effort to misdirect LE, it failed spectacularly.

Paradoxically, it seems to have had the opposite effect:

It appears to have pointed LE right toward the person trying to point the finger of blame elsewhere.

JMO.

17. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Too late to edit my post about neighbor vs family making the missing person report and want to add that I believe the Maysville neighbor had no knowledge of SM's day and was simply passing on information to the Police.

I recall we were first to believe that SM told her neighbor she was going off on her bike and to call 911 if she wasn't home by zero-dark-thirty.

Also, unless the neighbor was a close friend, I think family would be the best source to initiate a 911 call-- just to provide answers to the pertinent questions about the missing person asked by LE including birthdate, physical description, medical history, medications, last known contact, etc.

lonetraveler, Kyte, mrstfs and 12 others like this.
  18. vaporlass

Wow! Thank you! What an awesome find. It does not appear secluded at all out there!

AnnaGrace, Kyte, mom2chloe and 9 others like this.
  19. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

bbm
    Therein lies the answer to one question -- Imo !
    The neighbor maybe did not know the usual time, but may have known SM liked to take a bike ride; and that's all.

So --someone had to have called her (neighbor) ... and that someone was possibly called by someone else... and so on.
    Like a trail of electronic breadcrumbs.
    I don't envy LE and detectives in general for trying to find answers and have to weed through the red herrings.
    MOO

Kyte, vaporlass, Fireflize and 6 others like this.
  20. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

It has been said in MSM that it was SM's usual habit to go for a bike ride on Sunday morning before church. I think I found every church in Pagosa Springs and Salida, and all of them who have Sunday services start at 11:00 am. If the daughters called the neighbor, and then the neighbor walked the short distance to check the house, walked back, called the girls back and then called the sheriff's office (or 911) at 5:46 pm................................she was awfully late for her routine 11:00 am church service attendance. We can't post a link to the church service prayer that fully acknowledges that the entire family are members, because other posters on WS are insisting that we have to prove the family belonged to the church BEFORE we can post the video acknowledging that the family belongs to the church. I choose to believe the preacher. He seems to have a pretty good reputation, and seems also to have connections in high places. So, it's JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.