CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otto

otto Verified Expert

The church received information that there was a bike crash and a wild animal event. The Sheriff said there was no wild animal event, so we know that information did not come from the Sheriff.

She wasn't found with her bike, so we know there wasn't an accidental bike crash.

Kidnapping is where she would be grabbed off the road. There's a $200,000 reward for the kidnapper, no questions asked. Why hasn't the kidnapper arranged to get the money and return Suzanne?

Kyte, Fireflize, Breathe and 9 others like this.

2. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

I think it would be protocol to verify locations of all the immediate family members including husband and daughters all allegedly out of town when SM vanished. Also see them taking all their phones to verify SM's communications with each of them up to the time she was reported missing. MOO

3. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

It's impossible for anyone to make a 911 call if they are not in the 911 calling jurisdiction. The only thing they could do is call the Sheriff's Office directly.
    Neighbors don't have to be "good friends" to look out for one another as neighbors. Our neighbors have the access code to our home yet we have never socialized as "friends." I don't believe SM told her neighbor she was going on a bike ride. I believe she told either her husband or one of her children and the neighbor was called to do a "well-being" check at the house. Those homes are large acreages and I doubt it is possible for the neighbor to see their property from her own home.

JMO

4. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

In the recent case of the disappearance of Kelsey Berreth, her condo residence in Woodland Park, Colorado was held until after the trial a year later. It was totally trashed by four searches, but local people volunteered to help put it back together so her family could sell it.
    Kelsey Berreth Murder: Authorities Release Hold Woodland Park Condo

5. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I pretty much never go alone anywhere.
    Maybe the grocery store and park up close by the cameras.
    So maybe there's a different attitude in the country?
    However, i don't believe she went on a bike ride that day

AnnaGrace, Kyte, mrstfs and 11 others like this.
  6. MyBelle

That is the same neighbor who phoned 911?

Fireflize likes this.
  7. gamma gal

gamma gal Well-Known Member

Gorgeous country. Sure gives me a better feel for the area. Thanks so much!!

Fireflize, Knox, otto and 1 other person like this.
  8. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

On Google Earth, there appears to be a clear view of the home from the neighbor's deck. IMO

Kyte, Fireflize, pepper 34 and 2 others like this.
  9. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

The 3 options you speak about considering are :
    1=Voluntarily missing
    2=Accident
    3=Kidnapping

1= I don't see anything, at this time, that leans me towards her being voluntarily missing.

Of course it is always a possibility, however slight. But there are a few things which seem to point against it's likelihood. Reportedly, she had just a week earlier, been cleared of cancer, after battling it at least twice. She finished her treatments and was diagnosed as cancer free.

That in itself makes it seem unlikely that she would suddenly run away from her young, loving daughters, or do herself harm.

2= Accidents are always a possibility. But I think we would have seen physical evidence of that, somewhere near her bike, by now.

3= Kidnapping----a definite possibility

10. MyBelle

No, because the media already knows the neighbor reported SM went on a bike ride. I think the daughters received that information directly from SM, not via their dad. My kids all called me directly on Mother's Day, they didn't first call their dad.

JMO

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Fireflize likes this.
  11. otto

otto Verified Expert

Claims that she cycled every Sunday morning before church (relayed through the fire chief ???) don't make sense. It was cold during the month of April. Avid cyclists in cold Winter environments put bikes on trainers until the weather is warm.

It snowed April 12. When did she pick up the Sunday morning cycling habit? May 3 and 10 were good for mountain biking.

Gunnison, CO Weather Calendar | Weather Underground

12. Juvenile

Juvenile Active Member

Thank you for the response Otto, but nothing posted above “rules out “ voluntary missing, an accident (animal/otherwise) or kidnapping.
    I realize that the odds of who did this are in agreement with the 99% commenters here, but there sure isn’t much evidence available to back that up.
    Furthermore, I think the quick departure of the dig site and return of the homestead to BM means that LE might be back to the drawing board.
    That said, I currently think:
    50% BM
    20% Abduction - Known
    20% Abduction - UnKnown
    10% Accident/Ran Off

13. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

That seems kind of odd to me. Like if 200k is not enough to get people talking, 210k will tip the scales? :rolleyes:

14. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

Maybe it was a life long habit/hobby and she was just getting back to it, after recovering from her illness. ....?

AnnaGrace, Kyte, Ontario Mom and 3 others like this.
  15. perception≠reality

perception≠reality Well-Known Member

NO. Nope. Not even close.

16. MyBelle

But how would the neighbor know if SM was inside the home without going there and if she didn't see SM return to the home?

Sorry but I don't believe the bike ride never occurred.

JMO

17. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

I doubt the daughters talked to their father on MD or that he received a text from them. IMO BM had his phone turned off or had let it run out of charge. Why? His phone would have been a dead give away as to his location on May 10.

18. MyBelle

I think if his phone had been turned off, LE would name him as a POI because his alibi would be in question.

JMO

19. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

I rarely rule out the possibility of random abductions. We have seen so many of them in this forum alone. Predators are more numerous than we'd like to believe.

20. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

I agree after re-reading the article on MSM. Very good point, wow my own bias inserted there. Thank you for keeping an eye on me!

“The property owner told CBS Denver that Morphew's husband, Barry, laid the dirt at the riverfront property. No other details about the search were released.”

No signs of Colorado woman who went missing on Mother's Day

AnnaGrace, Kyte, Fireflize and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.