CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otto

otto Verified Expert

Sure, it's possible that she is voluntarily missing. There's no evidence to support this and neither investigators nor family have suggested it, but it's possible.

Accident has been addressed, where someone other than investigators associated accident with wild animal. Investigators have ruled out wild animal. That leaves accident. Where is the body? Where is an injured Suzanne if she had a dreadful bike crash that left her at the bottom of a ravine, on the side of the road, or elsewhere? Surely she didn't wander off. Even so, waterways and areas surrounding the bike location have been thoroughly searched.

Kidnapping means that the bike was staged and she was grabbed. No one has come forward to claim the no-questions-asked money, so that pretty much implies murder. It is possible that the 49 year old cancer survivor is alive and held somewhere for some odd reason, but unlikely.

Murder? If she was kidnapped, it's likely she was murdered.

2. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

What a different world! I don't even know my neighbors names and would'nt recognize them in a store.

3. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

SM disappeared on May 10, 2020. Temp hit 71 degrees that day.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/salida/81201/may-weather/332185

Blue Amethyst and Fireflize like this.
  4. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I don't think LE would name any POI's or suspects at this point. They have been very careful not to reveal any information about the investigation, other than where they are searching.

Letecia Stauch wasn't named a suspect until she was arrested, but it was pretty clear from the start that she was.

AnnaGrace, windrower, Kyte and 18 others like this.
  5. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Just because one member says it reminds them of the XYZ case does not give other members licence to derail the thread with discussion about the XYZ case.

This thread is dedicated to discussing the Suzanne Morphew case.

Please stay on topic.

6. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Patrick Frazee and Letecia Stauch were never labeled POI’s before their arrests. This, despite overwhelming evidence against them at the time.

Likewise, they almost certainly would not deviate from that in this case. Many law enforcement agencies have also adopted this tactic.

@MsBetsy Jinx

7. Beth11311

Beth11311 Well-Known Member

Exactly. There is no reason to rush this case or start the clock ticking on a trial.

They’re working hard to find her body, compile evidence and lab results, and have their sights set on who they believe may be responsible.

A rushed case is a disaster in the making.

windrower, Kyte, Warwick7 and 19 others like this.
  8. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

I am so far behind at this point but the most telling thing for me is the lack of Barry and family doing really anything at all. If he truly thought she was kidnapped, why is he not printing off missing posters and hanging them all over the neighborhood and all throughout the town and all the towns nearby? Instead, there’s nothing. Nothing about what she was wearing, things to look out for, nothing at all. If that were my family member I wouldn’t stop until she was home. It’s pretty obvious she was never kidnapped.

And also, if Barry thinks she’s kidnapped, how did the story of a possible mountain lion attack grow legs? IMO that’s something he would have told someone from back home and they went with it. So which is it Barry, was it a mountain lion or was she kidnapped?

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  9. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Nice to see you back MG!

10. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I beat you, for once!

Sunny123, Kyte, Ontario Mom and 13 others like this.
  11. MyBelle

BBM. Could it because MB is already dead and the family is engaged in wishful thinking in order to hold out hope for their loved one?

I do believe all the church members were told is that there was a wild animal sighting. That's a far cry from claiming there was "a wild animal event." If she wasn't found with her crashed bike, that is an indication that foul play was involved. It is not evidence her husband was in any way involved.

JMO

Fireflize likes this.
  12. Knox

Knox On Time Out

Your response is confusing. What are you talking about re the media already knows? Who is MB?

Your kids called you directly, but if they couldn't reach you all day, who would they call? Your mailman, your tax guy? If you're married to their Father they would call him, is that so far fetched?

13. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

Besides them possibly not knowing what she wore that day, hence no description, the only other thing that I can think of is that maybe that's something they're hoping to trip up the suspect(s).

That's all I got.

AnnaGrace, PommyMommy, Kyte and 10 others like this.
  14. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

Personal items were found 2,000 feet from her own house. If I park in in about the center of the parking lot of my Costco store, select some cookies from the bakery, swing back to see if they have Charmin T/P in stock, veer into the fresh veggies to check the asparagus and possible artichokes, go through the checkstand and back to the car, I've walked 2000 feet.
    The scariest part of this case is that whatever happened to her was no more distance from her house than a short shopping experience in Costco. IMO

15. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

Gannon...you bring up very good points!
    While BM, as the husband, is the most likely suspect, there are many red flags for me.

Devil’s advocate; I attend a very small church, and have for 35 years. While there is a stable, core group, we always welcome new members. Over the years, we have had at least one sexual offender, and one person, who told such extravagant lies(bs), he chose to try his scam elsewhere...

I am bothered by the “was known to take bike ride on Sunday morning”
    Known by “who”? or how many whos?
    I am sure that cancer took some of her vitality away, but based on the old fb photos, she is a very attractive woman.

The remoteness of the 1.5 m house, makes it an excellent target! Security Alarms? We have a monitored system required by insurance company, we have accidentally set it off numerous times, w/ calls, codes, etc.
    I assume this is somewhat dependent on the
    area and remoteness...we even came home once to have my 80 yo mother tell us about the nice policeman( deputy) who stopped by to check on her? lol

JMO, and this is just a slim possibility...
    It is quite possible BM is a horrible husband
    who never realized what a vulnerable position he left his wife in...ie, We rarely armed our alarm until I believe someone came in to my kitchen while I was downstairs in basement...the guilt may be for not taking care of his wife...and shock.

I feel free to speculate, as I am not LE, and have no pressure to be right, and take every step carefully, in order to have justice served...

16. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I think that whatever happened to her, was no more distance from her house, than her house.

17. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

No, the property owners we are discussing are not neighbors of SM.
    The property is 16 miles from SM’s home and no one currently lives there because the property’s owners have just begun construction on a home for their retirement.
    Here is a video of LE searching the property.

Search for missing Chaffee County woman focuses on residential property in Salida

18. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

That's true but calling 911/Emergency services in another area is not so unusual today. Last I checked I have a total of 7 ER numbers in different counties, states, and country in my phone. Two of the locations are supported by "Text-to-911" service. You can receive an update from the FCC every month for added locations supported by 911 text.

(I must give credit to where credit is due: Our fav reporter Sam Kraemer introduced me to "Text- to- 911" service. He added it for his parents in WI when he moved to Co).

19. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

But WHO would know that? Supposedly there was no one home with her that morning. So who would have seen her 'getting her stuff together' and plonking it on her head?

20. MyBelle

I agree and it is time for many to open their eyes. How many threads were devoted to the Jayme Closs case before she was found?

JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.