CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Just in case no one answered - that means the person is online here! :)

2. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

How could she be reported missing sooner if they didn't know she was missing? We have no confirmation of when the last time it was that someone talked to her on the phone or saw her in person.

3. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

Gannon...
    Both posts...to me it is critically important
    to nail down the exact time she went missing...as is we are sleuthing in the dark, while somewhat challenging, immensely frustrating!
    JMO, if LE needed our help, they should give us a little more info. LOL (too early for humor, perhaps sarc better option)

4. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

The homes outfitted with:

"Security Features: Smart Cameras, Smart Security System, Security System"

This should show when she left the house.

5. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

And how Lizzie and Lyric’s bodies were found some distance apart. There was some speculation that perhaps one of them ran.

Sigh. :(

303gmf, Quiet Time, NoSI and 12 others like this.
  6. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

They had 8 dogs on the search.
    If she walked away from the bike or even was carried away from the bike they should have got a trail, at least a direction.

7. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

If they were recording...IMO (and operable)

sassyblue, 303gmf, vaporlass and 11 others like this.
  8. UnderWhelmed405

UnderWhelmed405 Well-Known Member

9. ?mysterian?

?mysterian? Well-Known Member

Riiiight. Because the women are responsible for their man's happiness.(Nevermind that Ross Harris left his child strapped to his car seat to roast to death in the vehicle.)

Those poor men. It's such a shame there are no other options available to them, if they suddenly become capable of determining their own destiny. Maybe one day, in the not too distant future, they'll be able to separate from and leave and maybe even eventually divorce their spouse/partner instead of being forced to kill their uncaring, clueless wives/girlfriends/partners, bless their hearts. Then they won't be called "inhuman monsters".

(All IMO)

/sarcasm/

panda114, Kittybunny, Alcina and 26 others like this.
  10. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I've tried to stay up with most posts on our threads but this has occurred to me and perhaps I just missed this particular discussion - the age gap between the two (52,49) may not seem significant now to some but back in the day - a 3 year gap at college ? Lots of years to be in charge possibly ? I'm just trying to figure out why now? nothing fits for me except the usual..
    JMO

11. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Three systems seem to provide a level back up in case of one system failing.

12. Melrose

Melrose Well-Known Member

Would you answer these please?

1) What does BBM stand for?

2) Why do members post a >>> * <<<< and nothing else?
    Is the * to mark a place in the thread?

Quiet Time, Fireflize, Boxer and 2 others like this.
  13. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

Gannon...
    JMO, I too shared that option, but in a moment of clarity...Based on the evidence we have of SM, I believe she would not have wanted her family to endure the anguish of her suicide. At the very least, I think she would have left a letter...
    I suppose in a moment of despair she could have taken her own life, but that does not explain the little bits of evidence info we do have...MOO

14. cody22

cody22 Former Member

Harvey Glatman ???.......moo

15. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

There is research in the psychiatric (and sociological) literature about anniversary/holiday reactions. This is not just about murder, but about how some people with psychiatric or psychological symptoms experience a worsening near certain holidays. Depression near the anniversary of a loved one's death. Depression at Christmas if no longer around family, etc. Anxiety near the anniversary of a bad event (even though no conscious thoughts about the event in some cases).

It's strange to think about women disappearing on Thanksgiving or Christmas or Mother's Day (the three most mom/family-oriented holidays). If this is a crime committed by a stranger or casual acquaintance of the Morphew's, one has to wonder why they were out and about seeking opportunistic victims (or revenge) on or about Mother's Day.

If it's someone more closely associated or inside the family, then it's a vicious attack both on a mother and on her children, ruining forever this holiday. On Mother's Day, I often post pictures of my late mother on FB, my daughters post about their grandmother, most of my friends do the same. One friend does not do this, posts beautiful pictures of her flower garden - and I know why she doesn't post pictures of her mom and I know how terribly sad she still is about her mother's passing (of old age), while she was far far away.

So. Regardless of how this happened, my heart goes out to those two happy, adorable young women who forever have to live with awful memories of Mother's Day, may feel cynical and jaded, may forever have relationship issues because of this. I hope they get all the support and help that they need, but as far as we know, their father is living apart from them in a friend's house and, last we heard in MSM, was inviting contact only via a friend's phone. Hopefully that has changed.

One other strange thing: LE has apparently told the family not to make public statements (see the CrimeOnline articles) although one unnamed relative still made a few helpful but vague comments. Presumably, the daughters have also been told not to speak to media? Because if my mom were missing and I did not suspect my dad one little bit, I would be out in public saying exactly that. I also would do this regardless of what LE told me to do, but that's just my personality. Also, I'm not 20 or 17. At 20, I would have been at my dad's side in the event of anything happening to my mom. I would have spoken to media if she was missing. I realize everyone is different, but those of us following since Day 1 are still perplexed by the total radio silence in this case.

Also, can anyone find Suzanne's name in NAMUS? I thought Colorado Missing Person's procedures call for local LE to make that entry into NAMUS. Maybe I'm just not finding it - so if anyone with more experience or an account at NAMUS can check, please post. I don't think she's there. This is, IMO, a criminal investigation and not a missing person's case.

16. Poedelini

Poedelini Loss Of Innocence

I wonder how long it takes to process evidence. Really curious if they ever did get some evidence from the house or the salida property. Imo

17. margarita25

Let’s say hypothetically the perp wanted to burn her body (sorry :( )—-well, one might not do so due to fire bans, wildfire potential and smoke.

So I was thinking about if someone could build a smokeless fire, and you can, it’s a stealth fire; however I don’t think this would work as it takes A LOT to burn a body.

So, I was thinking, what about IF they were burned in an area that was already cleared due to previous wildfires. No fuel for a forest fire, and a fire could be hidden in a remote area as well as easily put out, especially if one had experience, and there would be nothing around it to catch on fire.

I wonder where the closest CO wildfire occurred / going through the CO Wildfires thread I created and archived here.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  18. Hannah3105

Hannah3105 Well-Known Member

Yes, my uncle was found due to other people being on scene at the time of his passing.

I’m not familiar with the area and it appears to be both vast and remote, so I can’t help feeling that unless they have searched every square meter for miles on end, there’s a good chance that there is a fully in tact, discoverable body out there somewhere. Sorry, I know how cold that sounds.

This being said, suicide wouldn’t be my first theory, I’m just trying to keep an open mind due to the lack of information available in this case and as a result, I’m not sure I can confidently rule anything out. I’m also very aware that I’m leaning a certain way due to how previous cases have ended. Just because it’s “usually” the partner, it doesn’t always end up this way.

I do have my own personal theory, LE know far more than they are divulging, the “who” and the “how”, just not the “where”. They are getting all of their ducks in a row, IMO and as you say, they didn’t dig up someone's work site without enough concrete evidence (excuse the pun) to secure the permission to do so.

19. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Bailey38, Steph8angels, NoSI and 9 others like this.
  20. margarita25

Could be a long time imo. I have a long forensic files example but dozing off for nap with doggie, (see my new signature). Making note to pick up here with the “skull found in the lake with every tooth pulled out with pliers” example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.