CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay74

kay74 Former Member

I can't believe there are no clues at to what happened. 3 weeks!

2. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

I bet there are clues. Just none in the public domain is my guess.

303gmf, Flurries, Anirtak and 49 others like this.
  3. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

I think that's still secondhand reports, and does seem the most likely. But nothing official or directly from family has ever been confirmed.

al66pine, TRB, RickshawFan and 7 others like this.
  4. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

Totally agree.
    I think LE have most of the pieces of the jigsaw,they are just working on completing the picture.

5. kay74

kay74 Former Member

If it is not BM, then what?! Scary she could be with someone, very scary.

Breathe and Feistyomi like this.
  6. DellaC

DellaC Well-Known Member

7. cody22

cody22 Former Member

***.....moo

Spartygirl, NoSI, AnnaGrace and 2 others like this.
  8. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

back for a quick check, Thank you, some may think I am impatient w/ LE, etc ... I simply didn’t want to keep idle while we waited for updates. I will look back on that case, it happens.

al66pine and MimosaMornings like this.
  9. perception≠reality

perception≠reality Well-Known Member

Holly Bobo’s brother was an eye witness when she went missing-he watched her walk into the woods with a man in camo. There was tonssss of evidence found in that case, and lots of coverage, press conferences, etc...

JMO MOO IMO

Kittybunny, al66pine, susiQ and 13 others like this.
  10. TxGidget

TxGidget Well-Known Member

It’s more than 1/3 of a mile....

al66pine, Brubon, TRB and 7 others like this.
  11. riolove77

riolove77 Verified Prosecutor

People thought in Kelseys case that the prosecution had nothing but the word of KK...I remember reading so much doubt about the strength of the case, and how it was not going to be an easy one to prove because there was “nothing else”. Then it went to trial and we the public became actually privy to the facts and how much evidence the prosecution had all along. It was the slam dunk-iest case in some time.

What we don’t know does not equate what reality is. Quite the opposite.

I am currently working on a rather high profile cold case murder, which I won’t name for now. There is SO much going on in this case and I bet there are people who’ve forgotten entirely that it even exists, because you won’t hear a peep from us, and as a result, the media. WE DONT LIKE TO TALK. I can’t stress this enough. Why would I show my hand?? And in my case we already have an arrest. So we’re on far more solid ground than this three-week-old investigation.

Patience. It will come to light when it’s ready.

12. Observer33

Observer33 Well-Known Member

I agree. LE knows what they are doing. What I don't understand is why people keeping trying to force an unconfirmed bike ride into their theories. Until LE confirms she was on a bike ride, I won't believe there ever was one. Is was planted by a potential POI to direct the investigation. If she was on a bike ride and her bike was found, LE would have confirmed it. There silence says everything I need to know at this point.

13. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

"DailyMail.com has learned it was her daughters Mallory and Macy who first raised the alarm after they were unable to get hold of her on Mother's Day as they made their way back from a camping trip in Idaho. Friends said they asked neighbor Jeanne Ritter, 70, to check on Suzanne when they couldn't get hold of her and it was Ritter who later called the police to report her missing. Ritter declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com." https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rt-building-site-Colorado-cops-searching.html

Obviously the girls said something to the neighbor about a bike ride, or she'd have never mentioned it to LE when she called to report SM missing. I suspect they may have said something along the lines of "she might have gone for a bike ride".

But as far as we know, what's been released to the public anyway, is that it was fire chief Bertram that mentioned Sunday bike rides, in particular:

"Bertram went on to say that Suzanne and Barry were both well-respected members of the community, and active in their church. He said Suzanne was known to go for a bike ride on Sunday mornings before church, and said he did not believe she attended church on May 10, though he could not be certain." ‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

SO many unknowns with this messed up case.

Did she really go for a bike ride?
    We don't know.

How did Bertram know her "usual" Sunday routine?
    Likely from BM, but we don't know.

When was the last time SM's daughters actually were in contact with their mom before Sunday?
    We don't know. Obviously something about her being out of reach, on that particular day, made them worry enough to call the neighbor.

Why was a missing person's report & a search launched SO quickly when appearances indicate SM had only been "missing" less than a day?
    We don't know, but we have to consider what LE saw/knew/discovered after speaking to the girls, the neighbor, and probably BM, after that 911 call was made.

Why did BM almost immediately put it out there about a reward and no questions asked, as if there were actually someone to receive the award and not answer any questions, after he first stated it was "too soon" for a public comment?
    We don't know. Either he assumed, for some reason, or he was narrative building, for another reason.

Just some random thoughts. Hoping for an arrest and recovery very soon.

303gmf, al66pine, susiQ and 18 others like this.
  14. Trackergd

Trackergd Verified SAR Manager and Tracker - Retired

While fire departments are used for searches of confined spaces, water and high angle rescue, in most cases, they do not have advanced woodland search skills. Excluding the fire department because a member is a potential POI eliminates the other members from leaking sensitive case and evidence information to that POI, either on purpose or by unwitting accident.

15. Tate123

Tate123 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

fcavanaugh, susiQ, NoSI and 5 others like this.
  16. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

IMO, the bike ride theory is going to stay as a topic of discussion because the news reported, over & over, CO mom does not return from bike ride or something to that effect. It’s the header even on WS.

fcavanaugh, BeckyF, al66pine and 21 others like this.
  17. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

It was mentioned earlier in the thread when the bike ride story was already being questioned, but it's really simple. If the report was, she went missing while walking her dog, and a family member had shared that the dog (or it's collar, or leash) was found some distance from the house... we'd still be sitting here talking about her walking the dog.

Until LE comes right out and says "no, we cannot confirm the bike ride story and we have reason to believe the bike ride never happened" then, folks will still be inclined to assume it may be true.

jmo

fcavanaugh, al66pine, susiQ and 11 others like this.
  18. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

19. MattC44

MattC44 Well-Known Member

LE confirmed the bike ride in their May 13th press release. "Investigation revealed that Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from Maysville had gone for a bike ride in that area and had not returned home."

Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff

20. Lilypad13

Lilypad13 Well-Known Member

DBM

Last edited: May 31, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.