CO CO - Terri Ackerman, 56, Lochbuie, 24 Aug 2018

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by JerseyGirl, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Acarolus82

Acarolus82 Member

Thank you, I miss her

Laughing, LaborDayRN and GordianKnot like this.

2. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

I am so sorry for your loss.

How long ago was this?

Have you spoken to the police about your concerns and suspicions?

ETA:
    Daughter of woman who disappeared frustrated, worries August case was overshadowed – Greeley Tribune

"... 56-year-old Terri Anne Ackerman, disappeared from her Lochbuie home Aug. 24. Carolus said Terri left behind items she would consider essential, including her keys, phone, wallet and three new packs of cigarettes she just bought.Search efforts yielded little to no results, and the Lochbuie Police Department is out of leads.

Carolus is a dispatcher for law enforcement in Adams County and familiar with missing persons cases, but she can’t understand this one.”I get it,” Carolus said. “People disappear. They leave, they come back. But to not come back for three months and there not be a trace of anything?”

Carolus described her mother as a friendly person with a heart of gold who would do anything for her family. She said her mother’s life was quiet, consisting of watching her granddaughters, running errands, reading books and watching the Lifetime channel.”If she decided she was going to walk off, she would have told someone,”..."

”Carolus said Terri left her home about 4:30 p.m. Aug. 23 and called Carolus about 7:30 p.m., crying and saying that she couldn’t watch her granddaughters the next day. Carlous said she doesn’t know why Terri was crying, but remembered her being “down on herself” when she left earlier that day.Carolus said her mother regularly takes medication for bipolar disorder, but she said the disorder was “manageable” and doesn’t think it could have contributed to her disappearance.

Carolus said Terri told her on the phone she hadn’t slept in a while, and Carolus recommended she do so.The next day, Carolus said Terri’s husband of seven years, Delbert “Dale” Ackerman, showed up at her door to watch the kids, saying he and Terri didn’t want to leave Carolus without child care. Carolus said her husband had already taken off work to watch the girls, and Dale left the home about 1:30 p.m.[swift-infobox title=”Have info?”]Anybody who has seen Terri or knows of her whereabouts is encouraged to call Lochbuie police at (303) 659-1395

Dale called police that afternoon and reported Terri as missing, and called her about 8 p.m. to tell her he had made a report.”I couldn’t believe it,” Carolus said. “I was like, ‘What do you mean she’s missing?’ She’s never done that once her whole entire life.”On a Facebook pagecreated to raise awareness of Terri’s disappearance, a post alleges Lochbuie police haven’t done all they can in the search for Terri.Lochbuie police Chief Tracey McCoy said he understands the family’s frustration, but the 10-man department has done its due dilligence, including”exhaustive” searches of open spaces with dogs and drones, canvassing neighborhoods, following up on leads, and reviewing surveillance footage all over the about 7,000-population town, to no avail.The Colorado Bureau of Investigation has been involved since the beginning, McCoy said, and the department has submitted the case file to the Weld County Sheriff’s Office and the district attorney in hopes they might catch something Lochbuie police didn’t.
    [​IMG]
    Terri Ackerman (Facebook)
    “There has been no information and we’re frustrated about that, as well,” McCoy said. “We all want to find her.”The Facebook post states the family feels Terri was a victim of foul play, but McCoy said there’s no evidence to support that or a potential suspect. Because of that, McCoy said he cannot determine whether Terri is in danger, but he said the length of time she has been gone is concerning.Carolus said she thinks Terri’s case might have been overshadowed by the Christopher Watts triple-murder case, which broke about two weeks before Terri disappeared, because many people aren’t aware Terri is still missing.Carolus and other family members have contributed their own search efforts, including putting fliers up in areas such as Lochbuie, Brighton and Denver, and she and her brother searched fields near their.....

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  3. Acarolus82

Acarolus82 Member

August 24th will be 2 years. Yes, I have spoke to the police about it and they keep saying theres not enough evidence. Her husband verbally abused her all the time and was a raging alcoholic. She wanted a divorce amd left my house the night before crying saying she did not want to go home. She was supposed to watch my kids the next day but called me that same night to tell me she wouldn't be able to and was very short. The next morning her husband shows up to my house unannounced saying he would watch them. He stayed over till 130 knowing I did not need him because I called out already. He called me at 830 pm on the 24th to tell me he filed a police report because my mom was missing. Everything of hers was still at their house including her purse, wallet, debit card, id card, cell phone, keys to her car, vehicle was still there. It makes absolutely no sense. She has never done anything like that.

Lynetta, Laughing, LaborDayRN and 3 others like this.
  4. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

Yes, hard to imagine she took off, if she didn't take any of those essentials. Who leaves on a trip without their car, ID, debit card and cell phone? You are right it makes no sense.

Only two ways that she would want to do it that way. One, if she had a wealthy friend willing to pick her up and then take care of her and her expenses. But I doubt that happened.

Or two, she walked out while having a meltdown, and didn't care about those things at the time. But I think if that happened, she would have been seen by others, and been found by now.

Of course the other scenarios would be that she was taken from the home by force.

I am pretty jaded, from seeing so many cases here where missing women were actually murdered by their partners or by predators.

I share your suspicions about her husband. But if the police did look at him as a suspect, I guess they did not find anything that could point to him?

And why would he leave all of her things behind if he wanted it to look like she ran off?

Did they investigate him at all? Interrogate him, search his truck ever?

You said it was gone the next day. Did you tell the police about his missing truck?

Is there a possibility that someone else took her away from the home? Could she have called someone for help, and that person betrayed her?

Lynetta, Laughing, LaborDayRN and 2 others like this.
  5. Acarolus82

Acarolus82 Member

6. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

It is the 2 year anniversary of your mom's disappearance coming up. Maybe a local paper would do an update on it?

7. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

8. JrzyGirl70

JrzyGirl70 Well-Known Member

@Acarolus82 can I ask if you have had any communications with your mom's husband and what is his demeanor towards the situation? Is he actively helping you in your search?

FrankieT and Laughing like this.
  9. Acarolus82

Acarolus82 Member

I stopped talking to him. He claims he didnt do it and has not helped look for her or made any initiative to reach out for help. When I asked him straight out if he killed my mom he would not give me eye contact what so ever. His son Chris Ackerman is possibly involved. They all lived in the same house and he owns a dent repair shop which is where Dale stores his truck while the K9 dogs were searching the property. He refuses to do a lie detector and is not cooperating with the police.

Lynetta, LaborDayRN and Laughing like this.
  10. Acarolus82

Acarolus82 Member

11. Acarolus82

Acarolus82 Member

She hardly had a lot of friends except a few and she stayed home a lot besides when she would watch my kids. We were very close and she called me every day so I feel that she would have told me she was leaving.

She was a constant smoker and what gets me is there was only one ciggs butt I the ash tray when I went to her house. I feel that.sometime after she called me Thursday evening is when it happened.
    Her husband showed up at my house at 600 am and stayed till 130 why I'm not sure. We told him we didn't need him but he was persistent on hanging out almost as if he was using that as an alibi.

He gets home at 230 claims to have noticed her stuff but thought she was at the neighbors till 400 pm when he states he went to ask them if they seen her. He did not call the police till 6pm and never once called to tell about any of this or check with me to see if she showed up a my house but just calls police?

I told the police about the truck but they never searched it or checked for prints or DNA. The route he took to get there was not confirmed either when their were state patrol cameras. He claimed his truck was getting dents out at his son's shop but his truck came back 4 days later with dents still on it.

Lynetta and Laughing like this.
  12. JrzyGirl70

Assuming you have spoken to the neighbors and asked them yourself, if they heard or saw anyting out of the ordinary in the days leading up to and the days after your mom went missing. Have you been allowed access to any of her personal belongings?

Laughing likes this.
  13. Acarolus82

Acarolus82 Member

Yes.I have spoken to her neighbors and her next door neighbor is her BFF. She said my mom would always be outside smoking and she never seen her at all that night. They always have coffee in the morning but she did not see her that morning.

Laughing likes this.
  14. JrzyGirl70

I just watched the below interview. Perhaps you can contact this news anchor and see if you can get them to do an update on the anniversary. Definitely need to get some attention back on your mom's case.

Lynetta, LaborDayRN, Laughing and 2 others like this.
  15. sammyed

sammyed Well-Known Member

@Acarolus82 my heart goes out to you in this situation. I'd be very angry and feel as you do, suspicious of your mom's husband. Neighbor used to seeing her out smoking and who usually sees her for morning coffee gives a time frame. Who is law enforcement over the case is it Weld County sheriff or state police? Can any LE see that time frame, his lack of cooperation lends itself to likelihood of foul play?!! A sympathetic detective in the bunch willing to talk to county prosecutor to convene a grand jury? You have any witnesses that saw husband or his son the night in question or next morning? Only other thoughts I have is consider contacting Texas Equasearch, CUE Center, and yes, a P.I. if you're able--get her case on news programs, Dr. Phil, anywhere you can on television especially. Other families of missing people can be of immense support, are there other families in your state, or county especially, that have families of the missing who are strong advocates and a presence in CO-that you might have support?

16. Acarolus82

Acarolus82 Member

17. Acarolus82

Acarolus82 Member

Thank you so much for your response back to me. I actually reached out to dr. Phil, and they called me and asked me for a story and timeline of my mom's situation and they would get back to me and they never did. I have tagged multiple news channels about my mom story again even ones that did her original story and have not got any response back.
    The police department that's actually dealing with my mom's case is the city of Lochbuie Colorado. I asked them if they would allow Weld County to take over the case and they told me no because of the jurisdiction that happened in and they have their own resources to reach out to to handle the case which is a bunch of crap if you ask me.

I even asked them if they could give this to a detective that specializes in cases like this and they also told me no. What is really sad is that I work for a local law agency as a 911 dispatcher and nobody that I know can help because it's not their jurisdiction and so I feel like I'm being defeated.

The police know my suspicions about Dale and his son Chris who that in turn say they don't have enough evidence to support the suspicion but if they would have acted City enough like I had told them and pulled his truck for leighton's so maybe they would have had evidence but they never took our story seriously.

Her husband Delbert Ackerman and his his son Chris Ackerman have made no attempt to reach out to get any help for my mom's case. When I confronted his son Chris and ask him if they had anything to do with my mom to case he told me I was a psychopath and that I need to leave him alone or he's going to file harassment charges on me and to leave his father alone. That is just not the response you get from someone if they had nothing to do with my mom's disappearance. Chris Ackerman refuses to cooperate with the police and do a lie detector test. Now tell me that doesn't stick out as suspicious? What I feel happened is that her husband did something to her and his son was an accomplice and helped him cover things up

Lynetta, sammyed, FrankieT and 2 others like this.
  18. Acarolus82

Acarolus82 Member

Hi guys! Im looking for some help and advice tonight. I have an interview with the news tomorrow and not sure what to say. Its been 2 years since her story had been updated on the news. I don't want to falsely accuse anyone on T.V although I have my suspicions. Any ideas

19. FrankieT

FrankieT Well-Known Member

Maybe if you could talk to them a few minutes before they tape you you could explain that to them and get their help in what to say and how to say it. My heart is so with you in this.

JrzyGirl70 likes this.
  20. JrzyGirl70

@Acarolus82 perhaps you could write out all the key points you want to make and go over with the reporter to make sure you stay on track and express all of your thoughts on the case.

FrankieT likes this.