GUILTY CO - Tracy Friel, 35, charged in death of newborn, Gunnison County, 7 Aug 2005

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by mysteriew, Sep 9, 2005.

1. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

A Jefferson County woman has been charged with child abuse resulting in death after Gunnison County authorities said they found the body of her newborn baby in a forest outhouse.

Tracy Louise Friel, age 35, was being held in the Jefferson County Jail Friday on charges of Child Abuse causing Death and unlawful use of methamphetamine, both felonies.

Her newborn daughter was buried in an emotional ceremony Friday in Gunnison County, attended by members of the Gunnison County Sheriff's Office and the community.

The baby, named Baby Taylor Park, was buried Friday morning in Gunnison.
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4955501/detail.html

2. Loading...

3. lcookster

lcookster New Member

Oh Mysteriew, I don't even know what to say about this one. Poor, poor baby. And this whole Meth thing- what a horror. God bless this little baby.

4. Norma

Norma Pook

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/content/news/stories/2005/09/09/9_10_dead_baby_follow_WWW.html

5. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

Tracy Louise Friel

Charges are not listed, but sentences are as follows:

Sentence Date: 04/20/2006
    Sentence: 6 years

Sentence Date: 04/20/2006
    Sentence: 2 years

Sentence Date: 05/09/2006
    Sentence: 15 months

Date Paroled: 04/26/2007

ACTUAL TIME SERVED: 1 YEAR 6 DAYS

6. Angels_Not_Forgotten

Angels_Not_Forgotten Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

7. JLMcKenna83

JLMcKenna83 LOL ≠ Lots of Luck

This will never stop unless these women are given tougher sentences! A little over 7 years for killing your newborn baby is despicable! And then to only serve 1 year and 6 days of that sentence?!?!? Disgusting.

She's probably already using again. Who knows how long until she ends up knocked up and does something like this again! "Oh, I only served a year for getting high and killing my baby... blah blah blah... a year ain't nothin... blah blah blah..."

And to think, a community cares enough to bury the baby and pay for a headstone, yet none of the family even showed up at the service... these people (the whole lot of them) are foul. I hope the community knows who her family is and they become outcasts. How heartless.

When did punishments stop fitting the crime?

8. reen

reen New Member

Disgusting!! And the time served is such a slap to the face of that tiny precious baby girl. Grrr!

I'm not clear about the cause of death: She was born alive, so was she killed somehow, or from the (sickening) fall? Either way I am livid...LIVID...that the woman didn't have to pay true consequences for this!